2018 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Omniscient.one

Omniscient.one 500+ Posts

Damnit, this kid's a stud

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

There's only one way we let that happen and for it to still be OK

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Rondale Moore: Texas’ slot WR need in the 2018 class is filled by Trinity (KY) WR Rondale Moore. He’s only 5’8 175 pounds, but he’s also one of the most electrifying players in the nation. But there have been some rumblings about the strength of his Texas commitment, so I talked to some people close to him.

I was told the fact that Texas struggled in week 1 had an impact, but that hasn’t really been the cause of him reconsidering his commitment. The factor that has an impact for a lot of out of state recruits, is weighing on Moore. That factor is the distance to home. Texas is more than a 15 hour drive from his hometown, and the main school that could flip him in Purdue is only three hours away.

Yes, that may be a surprise that Purdue could be the school that pulls him away from Texas, but there’s another factor in play here. Purdue HC Jeff Bhrom was a HS QB legend at Moore’s HS back in the day. So people around the school and the area love Bhrom. Purdue was also the school recruiting Moore the hardest when he made his commitment to Texas.

Obviously winning can help Texas here, but I think getting him on campus again will go a long way in reselling things. – (Andrew)

http://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2017/09/open-post-tuesday-september-12th/

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

TE commit Dominick Wood-Anderson

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  7. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

man, do we need this guy next year

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We are also making a new push for more linebackers in this class
    It feels like after two games, the coaches said "we need some better LBs"

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We have offered a 6'8, 310lb OT from a NY JUCO
    He is No. 7 overall JUCO prospect and the No. 1 OT, per the 247 Composite

It's not surprising we are looking at JUCOs with Connor Williams ready for the NFL and no established backup ready to take over.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I got to think that this game vs USC has to help recruiting as much as Maryland hurt our recruiting. To show promise like this with young players such as Sam E against the #4 team in the nation in double overtime has to help show there is a future in the burnt orange. :hookem:

• Like Like x 3
  11. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

For 1018, any elite OL or pass rusher should be begging us.

Our guys played hard, but college ready lineman would get PT if they were true difference makers.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

5-star Ghengis Khan will first steal your woman(s) and then force your QB to surrender

• Like Like x 4
  13. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

:D

• Like Like x 1
  14. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Joe,

I didn't realize you followed Tech football :deadhorse:

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

17. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

18. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Not sure what you're saying here

19. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

With what appears to be 50% lack of talent and 50% clueless coaching (which would be the concern for recruits) why would any big time offense recruit want to step in the mess when there are more schools with stable offenses available?

20. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

21. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I just don't agree with your assessment of our situation at all. TH has been successful at every position he has held in his career. We can question his decision making after a game, but he is going in with an aggressive attitude with decisions that over time will reflect with how his players will respond. Not looking for a moral victory, but if you told me before last Saturday that we would lose our All-American OT, Start a true Freshman at QB, have multiple turnovers against the #4 team in the nation on the road and take them to double overtime, I'd call you crazy. The sky isn't falling. If we just sit back and watch TH do his thing we will be in good shape. Then the recruits will follow right in line.

• Like Like x 4
  22. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

First of all Herman has only been HC at one Group of 5 school so "every" is actually one, and as Charlie Strong showed, HC at a Power 5 school is a bit different from HC at a Group of 5 school.

Also I never said the sky was falling. The original statement was the op wondering if coaches' email boxes would be over flowing after the SC game, and I countered with wonderment if any of that overflow was from offense recruits wanted to stop their Texas recruitment. Offense recruits haven't seen anything from this coaching staff to make them comfortable that they will get a shot at success (individual and team) at Texas. If Warren, who has proven he can gain yardage, cannot block and Porter, who has yet to prove he can gain yardage, can block how about at least trying Warren on 1st and 2nd down and Porter on 3rd down every couple of series now and then? At least get the opponent thinking about tendencies and then change the rotation to see how the opposition reacts. In addition to giving each player a chance to succeed in an area he is competent, it provides evidence that the staff can adapt their "system" to the talent on hand.

Recruits now days consider individual success over team success so the staff has got to prove that both are achievable. How can this staff demonstrate to a 4 or 5 star offense skill position player to that they know what they are doing? In the old days "We are Texas" was enough. Now days it is a battle with every Big XII, most SEC and some B1G and PAC-12 schools. We bashed Strong from the get go about Watson; Herman had better address this issue sooner rather than later or both he and Beck will be mentally crossed off recruit lists.

• Like Like x 2
  23. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I think the wide receivers have looked great. I'm fine with the young QB play (from a recruit's perspective). Viper, I only think you are partially right.

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Not related to us
    But an interesting commitment video nonetheless

• Like Like x 1
  25. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Yes I know. Because he was undefeated with much less talent against those power 5 top ranked teams before the USC game. :hookem:

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

CB Anthony Cook (Lamar) will OV to Texas on Sept 29 (the weekend after our Thurs night game with ISU)
    Cook is the top rated in-state player per the 247 Composite

• Like Like x 3
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

6'5, 191 WR (supposed to run a 4.47) from Schertz

• Like Like x 3
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

My goodness
    We got a swagcopter
    A swagcopter with bad coloring at that

• Like Like x 1