2018 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

TFB thinks we may be out of it for TE Mustapha Muhammad
    He announces Friday

2. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Damn, that fired me up!

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Their vids are good

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

click once to enlarge
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Rondale Moore is still in the pic. Did he change his mind and decided to stay or does this pic need to be updated?

7. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Muhammad is a very good player, but 3 TEs seems like too much. Unless one of these guys has OT potential.

8. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Based on our karma at TE and DT with injuries and armed robberies I'd say we should load up!

• Like Like x 1
  9. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Texas could sign 25 TE's and end up without any to play.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We still have a chance with him, he is coming back for another visit

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  11. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Wow, that's big Joe, did not know that. Glad to hear. Don't think Perdue Coach is still there for the next four years, just a hunch by me, no links

12. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Brohm at Purdue doesn't seem like a very longterm relationship. Purdue has had its once in a lifetime winning lottery ticket when they fell into Joe Tiller when Tiller was getting canned at Wyoming. I went to grad school with a guy on Wyoming's board, and he told me Tiller was given an ultimatum, "Another 7-4 and you're out the door".

Too many hot seats out there taking a serious look at Brohm - Tennessee, Ole Miss (no chance), Nebraska (not likely), Florida is possibility, schools out West have limited appeal, but Tech could be a possibility because of the offensive system. In the next four years, several more attractive jobs will be opening with big money.

As Bum Phillips told Steve Worster, "Never choose a school because of a coach because you will likely be there longer than he is".

• Like Like x 1
  13. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

That is big. Why have you been holding out on us Joe? :smile1::hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  14. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Someone on a Longhorn group on FB posted this. So take it for what it’s worth.

“FWIW, EJ just CB'd CB Anthony Cook to Texas. States that if Texas is not a complete "train wreck" on the field against OK state and Baylor, more than likely he will pick Texas in a couple of weeks when he commits. He was totally blown away on his official visit and the coaches won over his family.”

• Like Like x 3
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  16. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

The last time OSU came to town "train wreck" would be a polite way of describing that a$$ whipping. I don't expect Texas to beat OSU, but Baylor should be ok since the team will dump two games worth of frustrations on the Bears. Hope he commits before TCU.

17. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

If the secondary busts aren't fixed we will see a train wreck.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  19. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

f**k OSU. They going down! :hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The favorite for Cook used to be tOSU but even they are conceding now

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  22. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

aggy is in a perpetual state of *****-fittiness.

• Like Like x 1
  23. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Ya know guys, they are winning games, and we're winning moral victories. Hopefully their annual breakdown is coming. On a side note: last year ( I think) I mentioned an example of how far we'd fallen was the disproportionate merchandise displays of Horn items vs Aggies in Katy retailers. Today I went for batteries at Wal Mart and they had Astros, Texans, Cowboys and Aggies but guess who was missing? I saw zero Longhorn anything. Obviously that bothered me.

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Maybe you are looking at it wrong?
    Maybe they were sold out?

• Like Like x 4
  25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I would say the moral victories of this year are better than the head-scratching losses of the last 2-3 years. I don't sense there is a lack of a plan like under Strong. I think the recruits see it too. That's why I think the rest of season will be wins and maybe a few more moral victories. Herman will close well in recruiting if that is the case.

• Like Like x 1
  26. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

:bow:

• Like Like x 2
  27. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Moral victories?? Do you mean the close losses to ou and usc? If so I agree with you that those losses weren't blow outs; and that we could have won either game had we had kicked a field goal and not blown a coverage which led to a long td pass.

Agree, and this is reason for optimism for me.

28. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Good thought JF, I wish there had been empty shelf space. :bevo:

29. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

if we get Cook, it will be like The Class of Beef, but for DBs. The Class of Thief? The Class of _____ ?

• Like Like x 2
  30. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Class of Disbelief? :idk:

• Like Like x 1