2018 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Jun 11, 2015.

1. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

I like Tatum but Texas doesn't need another pure point guard. They need a combo/shooting guard really bad.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Well, this guy tweeted the 7 schools as her finalists, then tweeted this:

So, not sure what her tweet was all about.

3. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

This guy's partner in the site they run together jumped the gun on Megan Walker as well - tweeted out she had committed to Texas about 2 months before she announced.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I'm confused. Tatum herself tweeted the list of 7 finalists, right?

• Like Like x 1
  5. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

I'm confused too. She tweeted that, but didn't actually say those were her finalists. But, why write the whole story and have a picture of 7 teams??

• Like Like x 1
  6. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Moooooo...I thought the tweet originated from Tatum. Weird.

7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Brianna Taylor even tweeted back to her complimenting her on her writeup.

8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

If it's Tatum's tweet, then she put those 7 school logos with her photo.

9. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Maybe it's her list of SEMI-finalists?

10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Texas needs players who are good perimeter (mid-range and 3-point) shooters. Ideally, everyone wants that 6'0+ shooter, but they don't grow on trees.

What I like best about Tatum (other than she has a variety of shots) is that she is a competitor and that she is a leader. She plays setter for her volleyball team and of course PG for her hoops team. She also plays on the Windthorst's softball team (not sure the position) and runs track, too, I believe.

Personally, it's great to have more than 2 ball handlers and distributors on the roster. Come 2018, we will have Alecia as a junior, and Chasity as a sophomore. Brooke moves on. Tasia moves on (unless she doesn't return for her senior season). So, we lose 2 point guards. We all know that foul trouble and injuries quickly take a toll on the bench.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  11. Lovethegame

Lovethegame < 25 Posts

I don't think Coach Aston would of recruited Tatum if she did not believe she is a need. I think more than anything Tatum offers a leadership quality that we will lose when Ariel and Brooke graduate along with great talents for the game. Got several text on how great she played against the TJACK EYBL team against top recruit Zay Green. She apparently put on a show of a complete player. I've read before Tatum didn't really like list in an ESPN article and with the fact she has been pretty private in her recruiting it seems like this is her way of showing respect to the programs that gave her the best experience before announcing decision.

• Like Like x 5
  12. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

That makes a lot of sense. When you look at the caliber of recruits Aston and staff have brought in, it seems clear she isn't going to pursue someone she doesn't believe will be a good fit, and fill a specific need for the program.

13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  14. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

15. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

I think Tatum will choose either Oklahoma or Iowa State.

16. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

She's chosen OU

17. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

I can't confirm this yet...sigh. Where did you see/hear this HornView?

18. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

It's an understandable choice for her as a PG. OU loses Gabbi Ortiz next year, so the starting job is open her freshman season. Not sure OU has anyone behind Ortiz as talented at PG as Alecia and Chasity but I could be wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

They signed 2 guards in the 2017 class, shooting guard Ana Llanusa (#32 overall) and unranked PG Shaina Pellington from Canada, so you are correct, minutes would've been hard to come by at the point probably. Then again, Karen has played 2 points at the same time if one is a threat to score - I could easily see Chasity at the off guard after Brooke graduates with Alecia running the show.

21. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I saw her video announcement this afternoon. OU has been a lean since her freshman year. She talked culture and clicking with Coale from day one and feels they are on the same page

22. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Not that it matters, but I guess there wasn't really a list of 7 list of finalists for Tatum (narrowed down as of yesterday). Perhaps those were just the schools she had been considering most recently prior to deciding to commit to OU.

23. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Now that Tatum is off the board, any 2018s other than Nalyssa, Queen and Honesty that could be considered serious targets?

24. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

It sounds like Tatum has fallen for Sheri Coale big time. Another possible factor is that Norman is almost twice as close to Windthorst as Austin. Her parents can easily drive to games and come home the same day. Not so here. Plus probably much playing time immediately. That was a hard package to overcome.

25. Lovethegame

Lovethegame < 25 Posts

26. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

upload_2017-3-29_21-40-28.png
    We currently have 3 commitments for 2018. We have 2 more scholarships available and a possible 3rd if someone transfers or leaves the program. NaLyssa Smith is a top priority and Queen Egbo has an offer on the table. There sure are some good looking transfers available right now. Jessica Shepard from Nebraska would be a great get if KA could pull it off. Destiny Littleton is another possibility and she would be available this year. Don't you just love this speculation??

Attached Files:

27. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I think a lot will depend on whether we add someone else for the class of 2017 like Destiny Littleton or a transfer like Kysre Gondrezick (no clue if we are involved with her).

If no additional shooting guard comes on board, then I would guess that Joanne Allen-Taylor remains a potential target. As mentioned earlier in this thread, she recently visited Texas unofficially; so, not sure she has an offer, but there appears to be interest.

28. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I just don't think we end up getting Nalyssa or Queen. Nalyssa tweets a lot about South Carolina; I'm sure they are selling her on stepping in for Aja Wilson. But, she has visited us and Baylor several times; one or two of those visits were when Tech (who she also has an interest in) was the opponent.

Queen hasn't attended our camps or made any unofficial visits for football games in the Fall, or attended any of our home basketball games (that I know of). She did attend Baylor's camp, and has visited A&M unofficially.

I would love to get either, no doubt.

29. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

I've always looked at Nalyssa as a luxury recruit. She would be nice to get but with Joyner and Rellah at the power forward position she's not a real need. Queen is interesting because she's a 6'2 post player but Texas needs another true center in my opinion. They also need a combo/shooting guard or wing player with good size.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Dr. D

Dr. D 250+ Posts

It's great GUARDS we need in 2018.. Forget speculation about another center or power forward. Davenport and Routt seem like tweener role players, though there may be things I don't know about them. What we need another Patterson caliber great shooting guard. We lose McCarty and Atkins. We're loaded up front, and you win with GUARDS, as Gary Blair says.

• Like Like x 1