2018 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Jun 11, 2015.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

From Coach Bill @ NYcoach:

Texas WBB & Baylor WBB & Louisville visited 2018 Charli Collier

• Like Like x 1
  2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

some top talent in District 17 in the Houston area:
    http://girlzprepreport.com/

3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Sedona Prince has transferred from Faith Christian back to Liberty Hill. We really need her to re-commit. Not sure what our plans are for recruiting true centers in 2017, but not signing one in 2016 leaves me scratching my head (unless Hattis, Aborowa, or the Goudreau twins will be backing up Lang at Center).

5. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I agree. I would like to see her recommit. Based on last season and the few practices I have seen this year, our posts are interchangeable. While Imani and Kelsey are listed as Cs and the rest as Fs, the main difference has been how far away from the basket they get. All play the high low with everyone switching depending on how the play is progressing. Right now, Mide has offensive skills more suited to playing closer to the basket like Imani and Kelsey. It wouldn't surprise me to see Mide be Kelsey's main backup next season although it is likely that we will also see, for example Jordan and Joyner in the post, neither of which a true C.

6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Keep an eye on the name Queen Egbo. The 6'2 post player at Fort Bend Travis is a rebounding machine. Averaged a double-double last season as a freshman.

7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Sedona Prince stuff:

8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I do hope Tatum Veitenheimer is under strong consideration:

9. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I would be surprised if Tatum isn't #1 on Coach Aston's PG list for the class 2018 (which should definitely include a point). She camped at Texas and seemed to hit it off with Alecia:

She's also taken visits Tennessee and Aggy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

If Texas doesn't sign a PG in 2017, then the depth chart would require a PG for 2018. These days, though, some freshman choose a school based on their chances of starting from day one; others have different priorities.

I know we've shown interest (as has everyone else) in Arkansas PG Christyne Williams; perhaps she will attend our game at UALR in person . . .

11. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

No one talks about 2018 commit Shae Routt much, but she seems to be showing out! I've seen her at a couple of our home games. She was sitting with Sedona Prince for the Miss. State game.

"

• Like Like x 4
  12. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

You're absolutely right. And I think it's great that she's going where she has always wanted to go, and playing for the same school her mom did will be a great thing.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  13. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Not bad for a 6'7" sophomore...

• Like Like x 1
  14. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

not bad handles for a 6-7 post and nice outside shot. I think she would thrive in the UT offense.

15. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

16. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  17. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

That is awesome. And, she just keeps showing up at the Horns' home games! :hookem2:

• Like Like x 1
  18. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

hope she gets a great view of what can be for her in Austin this Sunday.

• Like Like x 1
  19. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  20. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  21. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  22. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

23. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

yeah, disappointed Texas was not among her favorites but, as you say, it's early. No reason why we couldn't take both Tatum and Zay and Sedona. We should have five ships available for 2018.

24. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Don't forget Shae.

25. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Including Shae, we got room for Tatum and Zay and Sedona and one other if needed.

26. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Tatum Veitenheimer expected to visit Texas for the OU game:

• Like Like x 1
  27. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Awesome!!

28. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I really want Queen Egbo to be part of our 2018 signing class:

The 23-6A girls race looks a bit different after last week, with Travis defeating Hightower and Austin to move into second place. The Lady Tigers earned their biggest win of the season Jan. 19, defeating Hightower 63-51 to hand the Lady Hurricanes their first league loss. Queen Egbo dominated inside with 20 points, 27 rebounds and 11 blocks

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/fort...cle_d6dcb732-c2cc-11e5-9582-5bae9b3c62b3.html

29. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

love the name: Queen Egbo.
    a link to last summer evals. I really want Tatum to come to Texas. Hope having Heather as her coach gives us a leg up.
    http://premierbasketballreport.com/news/super-64-national-championship-player-highlights
    Looks like Tech got a very good post in Brittany Brewer.

30. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

27 rebounds in one game tells me she is just a natural rebounder who gives maximum effort and is relentless.

• Like Like x 1