2018 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  3. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

I would love to have a 3pt threat like Veitenheirer at Texas. Hopefully Heather Schreiber will have a little influence in our favor.

4. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  5. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

DFW Horn-Thanks for posting the article. It would be great to get both Austin area super Sophomores--Routt and Prince for the 2018 class.

6. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  7. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I could see Kennedy and Tatum playing together like Brooke and Celina do.

8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Assuming Alecia Sutton's rehab goes well and on schedule (her surgery was mid-February), I could definitely see her and Brooke on the court at the same time. Back court combinations will be interesting to follow next season.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I agree, Moooooo. There will be a lot of potential combos in the backcourt that the staff can use depending on matchups, who's playing better, etc. I wonder if Jordan and Jada will also rotate at the four as well as possibly playing at the three as well. And that goes for Joyner as well.

10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Sutton's health will be a huge deal for the team next season. I know everyone recovers differently from an ACL injury, but not sure the average suggests she would be ready for Fall workouts. If she is not ready for the first few games, we have Brooke starting at PG with Tasia backing her up.

11. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Sedona Prince scores 17 second half points in Liberty Hill's win over Boerne; on to state for LH.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

average recovery for athletes from ACLs usually ranges from 6-9 months. So, anytime from late Aug-early Sept to Dec for her to be ready. Not sure if she would be game ready by then or simply ready to take part in practices. I have to think that a RS year is a possibility if she does not heal at the earlier timeline.

13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

14. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Texas is well represented in the new ProspectsNation rankings,, including Shae Routt.

#4: 6-7 Sedona Prince Texas, POSITION/RANK: Post / # 1

#5: 6-4 Charli Collier Texas, POSITION/RANK Post/ #2

#7: 5-7 Desiree Caldwell Texas, POSITION/RANK PG/ #2
    (pretty sure she will join her sister and dad at Tx Tech)

#20: 5-11 Zarielle Green Texas, POSITION/RANK Guard/ #5

#26: 6-3 Nalyssa Smith Texas, POSITION/RANK Post/ #6

#30: 6-0 Shae Routt Texas, POSITION/RANK Wing/ #3
    --committed to
    :bevo::coolnana:

#40: 6-1 Madison Williams Texas, POSITION/RANK Wing/ #8

#45: 5-7 Tatum Veitenheimer Texas, POSITION/RANK PG/ #12

#46: 6-0 Lauren Davenport Texas, POSITION/RANK Wing/ #10

• Like Like x 1
  15. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Duncanville wins state title 76-42 over Dekaney. Zarielle Green leads all scorers with 25 points. Coach Self-Morgan's 4th championship.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

17. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Sweet! I know we got Shae and I feel confident about Sedona Prince recommitting to us.

18. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

Shae, Sedona, Zarielle and Tatum would make a great class!

19. HornsLewis

HornsLewis 25+ Posts

Zariella don't have us on her list. Only Texas school on hers was Baylor. South Carolina, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Louiville, and Ohio state were her others.

20. overseasbbfan1

But we're a ways out and things change. We can certainly still recruit anyone up to the point they sign with another school.

21. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I'm hoping Queen Egbo is under strong consideration. Her rebounding is off the charts.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Don't forget about Collier from Barbers Hill! Her and Prince would a lethal combination at post!! I believe she is still a Longhorn lean!!

23. HornsLewis

HornsLewis 25+ Posts

Collier is going to Baylor from everything I've heard. She didn't want to be in school with Prince from what was told to me

24. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

I hate to see Baylor keep getting the top recruits! But the kids want to play for a winner! But Aston does not need to settle for second rate players that she thinks she can develop just to fill the scholarship limit! We have a couple of those now!!

25. overseasbbfan1

Last three posts = what a joke.

• Like Like x 1
  26. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Hard to imagine Collier going to Baylor, since there will be 3 other excellent, tall McDonald's All-American post players already there to compete with. But it sure may happen. The people at UConn seem to think there is a decent chance she will go there.

27. HornsLewis

HornsLewis 25+ Posts

She's not leaving the state because of family issues going on and if you think about the two there that are there now will be seniors. When they graduate it will be her and Cox as the bigs

28. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I often forget that Shae Routt has been a verbal commitment for so long; with her Mom being a former Longhorn, chances are high that she remains committed and signs her LOI in November 2017. Now at Austin Reagan H.S., Routt's height according to different outlets is listed between 6'0 and 6'2. Without knowing her skill set, it could be that our coaching staff isn't pursuing Zarielle Green if she and Routt are similar players. Of course, it could also be that Green isn't interested in Texas.

As for Collier, UConn fans were expecting her to take an unofficial this Spring; but, it didn't materialize. I could be mistaken, but I think a poster on the Boneyard who recently posted video of Collier is one of her coaches (he has "coach" in his handle, IIRC, and his avatar is a photo of someone who looks familiar to me; perhaps a club coach in the Houston area).

29. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

You are such a loser! You just had to post something stupid! So unfortunate and not the intent of this site!!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  30. HornsLewis

HornsLewis 25+ Posts

Still think we get Boothe from the 2017 group. She had her home visit today with Karen and Travis and she posted "home visit with my future college coaches."

• Like Like x 9