2018 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Jun 11, 2015.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

so we are back to four verbals.
    Really strange. She was the last one I told would have a change of heart. Wonder if there will be sholly available if she decides to recommit.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Wow. That is really strange. Wonder if it was the coaching staff, or Shae herself??

3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Not surprised. Info on her has been very quiet for months; she did not attend our summer camp due to some club practice/commitment; seemed odd to me.

4. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Would explain the scholarship numbers and people saying "things will take care of themselves"

5. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I really hope this was Shae's decision. Following football recruiting for some years has made me rather jaded after hearing about coach's pulling offers from committed athletes or 'nudging' them toward other programs when numbers get tight. There isn't any reason to believe that happened in this situation, just my cynicism at work. Whether she ends up at UT or not, I wish her the best.

• Like Like x 2
  6. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I don't know, Christyn didn't tip her hand, but she sure seems to like USC in every category, especially loving Dawn the way she does. Campus not too big...well, that doesn't seem like a huge factor. Ours is on the big side, but I love it.

I'm not surprised at Shae. Really know nothing about her, but she may just be a bit overwhelmed with all the recruiting activity going on here lately. I know I am.

7. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

Is it possible she would be concerned about playing time with all of the highly touted recruits?

• Like Like x 1
  8. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Have to wonder if her recovery from her ACL influenced her decision? Hope she is fully recovered and goes where she feels is the best situation for her. She is at Akins HS along with her mom.
    upload_2017-9-27_11-42-17.png

Wonder if she might end up at OU along side Tatum?

9. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

One thing I had speculated was that depending on her injury situation, Texas could still honor her scholarship offer, but as a medical hardship; that would mean she could never play basketball at Texas. Of course, I don't know how all that actually works.

If that was even remotely discussed, perhaps she and her family turned down that offer as she might be determined to rehab and play collegiate basketball.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I believe that's why Jamie transferred to Texas, cuz Stanford was not going to clear her to play but Texas did after their exams.

IIRC, the rule (which I don't feel like looking for) is that receiving a medical hardship from a school means that you will not be able to play for that school. I don't think it is something the school can provide for a year or two and then place the player on an athletic scholarship if they improve enough to play.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Congrats to Lolo!

• Like Like x 6
  12. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Best of luck to her. One of my favorite non-Bevo mascots - the Fightin' Blue Hens!

• Like Like x 3
  13. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Delaware got a good one! Best of luck Lolo!

• Like Like x 5
  14. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Delaware is a cool university, very near Phillly, almost a suburb, but also near the beach, a pleasant, laid back college town. Lolo should do very well there.

• Like Like x 2
  15. lolomama

lolomama < 25 Posts

Thank you all for the best wishes for Lolo! I would not change anything about her recruitment. We almost had the pleasure of being a Longhorn but God took Lolo in a different direction. We will always love the Longhorns!!. May God Bless you All and Thank you all so much!!

• Like Like x 12
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  16. lolomama

lolomama < 25 Posts

Thank you all for the best wishes for Lolo! I would not change anything about her recruitment. We almost had the pleasure of being a Longhorn but God took Lolo in a different direction. We will always love the Longhorns!!. May God Bless you All and Thank you all so much!!

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  17. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Please drop in from time to time and let us know how she's doing. I'm sure most of us would love to get updates. It's been a pleasure reading your posts.

• Like Like x 8
  18. lolomama

lolomama < 25 Posts

M
    Most definitely!!

19. lolomama

lolomama < 25 Posts

Most Definitely!!

20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

A poster on the UConn board posted that Christyn Williams has changed her scheduled 10/6 official visit to Texas to 10/20 to coincide with Charli Collier's scheduled official visit. They might be a Texas fan, but not positive.

To me, this is great in that they visit together and it would be the last official visit for Christy after her 10/13 official visit to UConn. Of course, the risk is that she commits elsewhere and doesn't end up taking her last visit to Texas.

• Like Like x 6
  21. LutherIsMyDog

If this is true, I like Christyn visiting with Collier and us having her last visit. There is no doubt that Geno will be very persuasive and will give Christyn a lot to consider during her visit to UConn. Supposedly, UConn was her favorite at one time, so there is always the risk she'll commit on her visit.

If Christyn does visit Texas on Oct 20th, she'll not only visit with Collier but will reconnect with Littleton. It's the weekend of the Oklahoma State football game and it would not surprise me if Sedona Prince drives down to Austin from Liberty Hill to hang out with Christyn and Charli.

Another factor in Texas' favor is the proximity of Austin to Arkansas. IMO, being close to home isn't as important to a recruit early in the recruiting process. Then, as a recruit gets closer to their high school graduation, reality sets in and being close to home becomes more of a priority.

If Williams makes it to Austin on the 20th, I believe Aston, Thompson and Carey will give her a lot to consider as she heads back home to Arkansas. Additionally, not that it matters, but Aston is originally from Arkansas so they also have the "home base" in common.

• Like Like x 7
  22. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I agree, LutherIs, some kids can get colder feet about being a long way across the country the closer the time comes to commit. I checked on google maps. It is an 8 hour drive from Little Rock to Austin, a 7 1/2 hour drive from L.R. to Knoxville, and a 21 hour drive (!) from L.R. to Storrs, not that you would drive that trip very often. Forgot to check Columbia, S.C., but it's probably about a 12 hour drive? I hope Cristyn did change her date with us.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Not sure how distance impacts her and her family, but since someone brought it up, Texas has annual games at:

Stillwater, OK
    Norman, OK
    Lawrence, KS
    Manhattan, KS
    Fort Worth, TX
    Big 12 tourney will pretty much always be in OKC, KC, or DFW; SEC tourney fluctuates location; last year was in Greenville, SC, I believe; this year will be in Nashville, TN

SEC schools like Tennessee and South Carolina don't play all conference members every year home and away; so, they might not make trips to Arkansas, MSU, Mizzou and Ole Miss but once every couple of years.

24. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Queen still repping the Horns!

• Like Like x 8
  25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Punch in the gut to A&M!

• Like Like x 2
  26. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

That makes KU and Oklahoma better for 2018, as OU snagged Madison Williams and Tatum Veitenheimer. It's nice to spread these great Texas players around to several B12 teams, while we take the cream.

• Like Like x 3
  27. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

impressive recruiting by KU to land Green.

28. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

There seemed to be a lot of churn with that team in the last year. Some sudden departures and transfers in (and then transfer out after a year). I guess the selling point to these three players from Duncanville is "keeping the band together".

29. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Was there any confirmation that Christen changed her TX official visit dates?

30. LutherIsMyDog

Christyn retweeted the Tweet. Does her "retweet" confirm the accuracy of Rick Cantu's information?

• Like Like x 1