2018 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Jun 11, 2015.

1. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

I would think so.

2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I would also assume 10/6 is still on schedule.

3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Coach Aston also retweeted it.

We'll have to see if Charli comes this weekend, or still set for 10/20.

4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Anxious to know if either of Charli Collier, Audrey Warren or Sedona Prince will join Christyn Williams this weekend on an official visit. I know Collier stated her visit would be the 20th, but things could change.

I know Coach A knows what she is doing when it comes to recruiting, but I'd be surprised if at least one of our verbals isn't on campus this weekend; maybe Deja Kelly comes up for the football game.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I would be surprised if, at minimum, Sedona doesn't, "Oh, I was just in the neighborhood..."

That being said, this summer Christyn played alongside Sug and Joyner on Team USA 5x5 as well as Destiny in 3x3 so there's no lack of familiarity with current Longhorns.

• Like Like x 2
  6. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Does anyone even know when Sedona's official is? It could be this weekend for all we know. Charli could be here on her dime, just visiting. Deja could do the same. Guess we will wait and see!

• Like Like x 1
  7. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  8. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

From the article:
    Texas coaches, it seems, canceled a home visit the day before they were supposed to arrive. But the Longhorns players provided a strong pull.

"I thought that was so unprofessional," Williams said. "But then after playing with Joyner Holmes and Alecia Sutton on Team USA U19 in July, I decided to add Texas back. I loved playing with [Holmes and Sutton], and Coach Karen [Aston] apologized. It was just a big misunderstanding."​

Wait WHAT?

"This weekend she'll be going on her visit to Texas. Connecticut, the following weekend, is the final stop. As it stands now, Texas has a loaded five-player class highlighted by Charli Collier, Sedona Prince and Joanne Allen-Taylor. Connecticut, which lost Collier to Texas last month, is looking for its first commit."

Mmmm, I wonder who they are mis-counting. Must be Shae Routt. Hey, they finally got Lolo off our commit list!

9. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Maybe we have a silent commit? :smile1:
    We do have a time and date for a decision: Nov. 10 @ 11:15 AM CST.
    Wonder if we have a horse ride set up?

10. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

So in a couple of weeks, we will know if we are still in the running for Christyn.
    upload_2017-10-5_14-57-28.png

11. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I recall back when Christyn dropped us and went from 8 schools down to 7 schools; thought it was so odd as to the timing and downsizing. So, now we know it was hurt feelings over a cancelled in-home visit.

Lucky for us that her time spent with Joyner and Alecia during USA basketball seemed to pave the way for a reconnect with our coaching staff; and, fences were mended.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  12. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

I remember that too, and also thinking how sudden and weird it was. Wonder what the miscommunication was? Just glad that it was cleared up!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

14. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

I've been wondering about Queen Egbo's recruiting process. Does anyone know if she has visited Baylor?

15. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

A name that popped up from time to time awhile back...

• Like Like x 1
  16. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Christyn may not come to Texas, but at least she got to see a darned good football game.

• Like Like x 4
  17. LutherIsMyDog

On the Baylor message boards, the rumor is that Honesty Scott Grayson and DeCosta will verbal to Baylor on Tuesday. We'll soon find out if the rumors are accurate.

18. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Oh, cool. Keeps the rivalry alive with great players!! :hookem2:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

I really hate to hear that DeCosta may be coming to Baylor. I thought she was the best player on the USA 17U team this last summer. She is extremely athletic. Oh well, over the next few years the best 2 teams in the nation may be 90 miles apart!

• Like Like x 3
  20. LutherIsMyDog

DeCosta is a great athlete and was exceptional at the USA U17. I had her pegged for S. Carolina or Tennessee. We'll see if the rumors are true tomorrow. Although strong rivalries are good for the conference, I'm ready for Baylor to have a "down" year.

21. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I'm okay with Baylor continuing to have their usual good year. I just want us to have an even better one. I want our team to beat them when they are at their best cuz we are better.

• Like Like x 4
  22. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Baylor's continued position amongst the nation's best will only motivate us to achieve and maintain the same status. I look forward to some great match ups with them going forward, and I think the two games played last year were a prelude to the type of games we can expect this year and in years to come.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  23. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I read on the Boneyard that one thing that could keep Christyn from coming her is the loaded roster. But looking at the guard position, we would have three guards returning, one a senior, and three incoming guards (includes Christyn). Not exactly a loaded backcourt, especially with 2 of those guards being primarily PGs. In fact, we would be kind of light in the backcourt in 2018. even with Christyn selecting us.

I doubt that the roster size would keep her from coming here if Austin is where she wanted to come.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

That's just one fan's opinion. We don't have a lot of height in the backcourt like Williams' (5'10 or 5'11), unless you count Jada Underwood. So, I stand by my thinking that Christyn could be a candidate for SF as the only other player who really could start there next season is Jada.

UConn, on the other hand, is stacked with players in the 5'10 - 6'1 range who play SF and SG.

• Like Like x 3
  25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Hoping we made a lasting impression on Christyn:

• Like Like x 7
  26. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Destiny Littleton replying to Christyn's tweet:

• Like Like x 7
  27. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  28. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

They nailed both, unfortunately. Nice class.

29. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 7
  30. LutherIsMyDog

Here's a little snippet on Christyn Williams. We need another "lefty" after Ariel graduates.

• Like Like x 3