2018 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Jun 11, 2015.

1. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Anyone else surprised that Coach Aston didn't provide any of her own comments/analysis of the signees? I know she's done it in the past.

3. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

She spoke some about the class during her media availability session yesterday - think it starts around 15 minutes in.

4. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

See the second video posted in the "Karen Aston - Media Availability" thread. One of the best MAs I've seen in a long time in any sport.

5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I saw one video yesterday, and she mainly talked about Sedona. Didn't go through each signee one by one.

6. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

That was about it. I assume she’ll do a more detailed breakdown at some point on LHN. I want to say that’s when I’ve usually seen her go into more depth.

7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

The thing is, she used to do a press conference on national signing day to talk about the signees. Yesterday, it wasn't specifically for that.

8. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  9. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

I love it! "I want to learn," says Joanne.

• Like Like x 3
  10. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Just closing the book - Christyn Williams to UCONN.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Charli and Barbers Hill are crushing teams at the Toast of the Coast tourney. They also beat Lumberton 79-50. I cant find any box scores.

• Like Like x 4
  12. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

I looked it up and she's their only signing for this year. Then, I looked at their 2017-2018 squad and they have only 1 senior. Oh. Duh.

13. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I know they were/are also in the running for Nelson-Ododa who hasn’t decided yet.

14. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I'll be most interested to watch Christyn Williams' career. From reading their board, it sounds like she was the only guard offered at UConn. They have talked about her like she is the second coming. She must be very good. Everybody wanted her, including us, of course. But her summer performance on the US team was a little disappointing. Maybe because of injuries, not sure. There are so any great guards out there, I can't see how she would be head and shoulders above everyone else. But, at any rate, I guess congratulations go to UConn.

15. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Was there ever any doubt she was going to choose UConn? I know she gave us a look, but when she and her family went to visit UConn unofficially (and on their own dime) a couple of years ago, that told me how much she valued them. Charli did the same thing, and committed shortly after. The difference was Charli's emotional ties to her family, and changing her mind down the road in order to stay closer to home.

Not sure UConn hasn't closed the deal on every recruit they offered who took an unofficial visit there.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I had not seen this photo earlier:

• Like Like x 3
  17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  18. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Barbers Hill still rolling...

Barbers Hill won the championship but seems there was some confusion in earlier tweet about opponent.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  19. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Something to track, I was at the Bowie tournament semi finals on Saturday and Sedona went down with what looked to be a scary knee injury. She did not play in the championship game.

20. cactus47

cactus47 25+ Posts

I didn't notice any limp Sunday as she went up the aisle right by me

• Like Like x 7
  21. utfannforlife

Great news!!!

22. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Big night for Joanne. 35 points!

• Like Like x 6
  23. utfannforlife

I found the box score for Liberty Hills game against Ellison yesterday and Sedona sat out again. Not sure if it is precautionary or if there is an injury that has just been undocumented to this point.

Anyone heard an update?

24. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

No idea - like @cactus47 , saw her go up and down stairs Sunday without a noticeable limp/hitch. Considering LH has high expectations for the season, I’d assume they’re playing it safe with her.

25. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

This would be great to see...

• Like Like x 5
  26. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Audrey Warren with 25 points in Tuesday's win for Boswell:

• Like Like x 5
  27. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

The last uncommitted Top 10 prospect, Olivia Nelson-Ododa (PN-7/ESPN-5), chose UCONN.

28. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

A lot of people thought Nelson-Odada wanted to stay in the South. I think UConn was the only school on her list that wasn't in the south. UConn still is the magnet. For many recruits, if you are offered by them, you just go, period. Not a criticism, just an observation.

• Like Like x 1
  29. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Looks like the Deja vs Charli show was everything it was cracked up to be...

• Like Like x 2
  30. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Charli and Sedona named to Naismith HS Watch List.

• Like Like x 2