2018 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Jun 11, 2015.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  4. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

SA Johnson (Deja Kelly's team) to play in Hays CISD Classic Dec. 30-Jan.2
    Also in the tournament: Audrey Warren's team: Boswell.

Schedule for Boswell & SA Johnson’s first games
    at Hays Classic

(Audrey Warren plays on Boswell; Audrey wears #31)
    (Deja Kelley plays on SA Johnson; Deja wears #25)
    --I am pretty sure about the jersey numbers, but not 100%.

http://www.emsisd.com/Page/19447

Hays CISD Classic First Round
    Winner Goes to Gold Bracket, Loser goes to Silver Bracket
    (Except for 1pm Games)

.......................... Home.........Visitor
    Game 1 9:00 Cedar Creek Dripping Springs
    Game 5 10:30 LBJ............ SA Johnson
    Game 9 12:00 Hays.......... Shoemaker
    Game 13 1:30 Boswell...... Bastrop

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  5. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  6. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Barbers Hill lost to Judson 65-50. Unfortunately the Barbers Hill/Duncanville match up will not occur!
    Boswell lost to Cedar Park in the Hays tournament 57-44 for there first loss of the season. I couldn’t find stats for Charlie or Audrey.

7. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Ellis, I am pretty Boswell is playing in the Marble Falls tournament this weekend. They will play in the Hays tournament Nov 30 through Dec 2.
    Frustrating not being able to find stats anywhere so far for the Marble Falls tournament.

8. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

According to one site, Boswell did lose today............"The Boswell varsity basketball team lost Saturday's neutral tournament game against Cedar Park (TX) by a score of 57-44.". They beat Plugerville Hendrickson and Flower Bluff on Friday. If you believe the site, they had a late game tonight against New Braunfels. No stats on any.

9. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Joanne with another good scoring effort.

• Like Like x 3
  10. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Looks like Joanne is gonna be a reliable 28+ points a game.

• Like Like x 4
  11. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

BlueStar’s impressions from the Texas Invitational:

Joanne Allen-Taylor – 2018 – 5-8 – Combo – Cypress FallsTexas signee…Combines speed with strength…Quality individual skills allow her to attack on the break and in the halfcourt…Reads well off the drive…Turns the corner at speed…Pull up and floater serve her well when rotations come her way…Stroke and range force close outs…Has the footspeed and strength to be an impact on ball defender

Charli Collier – 2018 – 6-5 – Post – Barbers Hill – Texas signee…Continues to add to her game even as a senior…Struggled to finish at times this time around…Playing more and more physical…Handled some “cheap” defensive efforts…Becoming more and more active without the ball…Showed off some instinctual interior passing…First step off the high post drive is deceivingly quick for a player of her size…Hitting the glass with much more consistency and authority…Not relaxing on her National Letter of Intent signature

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  12. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Charli is off to a great start to the basketball season

• Like Like x 4
  13. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Charli and Sedona names to the USA Today HS AA team:

• Like Like x 4
  14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I love Charli putting up huge rebounding numbers; I don't think she had those type of stats last season, but I could be wrong.

15. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Her rebounding average has increased every year. These stats were in the Texassports article about her and Sedona making the preseason AA Team:
    Freshman - 7.3
    Sophomore - 9.8
    Junior - 10.0

Seems she’s well on her way to blowing up her previous best.

http://texassports.com/news/2017/11/29/womens-basketball-signees-named-preseason-all-usa.aspx

• Like Like x 3
  16. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  17. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Warren had 30 in a 6 point win for Saginaw Boswell Tuesday night.

• Like Like x 4
  18. LutherIsMyDog

I'm not a talent scout but Warren and Taylor appear to be underrated in the 2018 rankings. Kudos to Aston & Co for discovering talented players that are below the radar. I really like how this class meshes with our current team.

• Like Like x 5
  19. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I think Audrey moving to Texas probably cost her as far as familiarity goes but you’d think playing for Cy Fair Elite in EYBL would have gone a long way to remedying that. Joanne’s ranking is a head scratcher for me though - I think she had offers from every team ranked in the Top 10 last year except UCONN so coaches of top tier programs really like what they see when she’s on the court.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I'm happy they both chose to come to Texas. It could be that Audrey earned a scholarship offer based on her performance at the summer camp. Both seem to have great 3-point range; I believe they are also excellent free throw shooters. Hopefully, they have some mid-range jump shooting skills, as well.

Bottom line is that Coach Aston is bringing in more shooters, and that's a great thing in my book.

• Like Like x 8
  21. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 7
  22. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Joanne Allen-Taylor with 27 points tonight:

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  23. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  24. LutherIsMyDog

My goodness! Charli with a 46 point performance.

• Like Like x 4
  25. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Highlights from Charli so far this season. Love her footwork.

• Like Like x 4
  26. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Sweet. It's obvious we'll have a couple of shot blockers next season patrolling the lane...something we're lacking this season.

• Like Like x 4
  27. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I really like her ability to finish through contact. Those "and ones" will be nice to watch.

• Like Like x 3
  28. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  29. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

No score in Boswell-Hebron (Warren) game last night. N Green had 23 in a 12 point loss to DeSoto. Gusters had 14 in a 32 point blow-out win, S Andrews had 12 in a 32 point blow-out win. Not a lot of competitive games in some districts. Better gauges in the post-Christmas tournaments in Duncanville, Mansfield and other tough venues.

• Like Like x 2
  30. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Found this...

Gonna try to make the Wylie East game.

• Like Like x 3