2018 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

That would be a huge get. Do you have a link to the tweet? I couldn't find anything out on twitter.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HornsLewis

HornsLewis 25+ Posts

It's on her snapchat story. The thing about her from what I've heard is it will be tough to get her eligible. Only played 8 games this season because of grades

3. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

I wonder if that's why she transferred to IMG Academy before this past season? She has this summer, and next school year to work on her grades. Maybe other coaches/schools have cooled on her because of that. Hopefully, our coaches have a plan. :smile1:

• Like Like x 1
  4. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

The most recent stories all list her at 6' 2" but height is often overstated. She was averaging 26 pts, 10 rebounds and 4 steals in the middle of her sophomore season playing SF - the position she is most often projected to play in college. Having seen a few pictures of her, she seems to have a more 'solid' frame than Hosey - more like Underwood. After seeing Green in a live setting, I think she's a guard all the way.

5. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

It would be awesome to get Tatum and Sedona in our 2018 class.

• Like Like x 3
  6. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I would love to see them in Burnt Orange.
    Thanks for the pics, LutherIsMyDog.

7. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

As we are all aware of, OU fans really want Tatum. Found this youtube gem on Tatum's 2015-16 highlights posted by SoonerNorm on the OU board:

She is really impressive. Of course, these are highlights but they do show her ability to pass, her court awareness, shooting form, ability to create off the dribble, to use the glass on short jumpers, to finish through contact and really great shooting form. I really hope we land her in 2018. Heather looks really animated as a coach. :smile1: The interview after this past season's highlights is from just before her freshman season, if I heard correctly. Kinda of old but she handled herself pretty well in the interview at that age.

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

9. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

Hopefully Coach Aston and the staff can get back in on Green because Texas is going to need a couple of quality perimeter players for 2018. There is still plenty of time for them to do that. Also Queen Egbo and Sedona Prince need to be the top priority for Texas in the post.

10. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Why does no one ever mention Charlie Collier as a priority? Has she completely eliminated Texas?

11. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Collier did not camp at Texas last summer, but did attend Baylor's, Kansas', Tennessee's, and maybe Louisville's. As far as we know, she did not attend any of our games at the Erwin Center this past season, nor did she attend our game in Houston against Rice.

Sadly, her Dad passed away in April after battling cancer. Not sure if that has any impact on her decision about staying close to home for college or not. Reports were she was interested in visiting UConn unofficially; UConn coaches may have visited her earlier this year.

12. HornsLewis

HornsLewis 25+ Posts

The rumor is that she wants to stay in Texas near mom but dad wanted her at Baylor. Sounds like she is headed to Baylor. She was at multiple games down there. I went to the game when Texas was in Waco and saw collier, cox, Chou, green, and Richards all sitting together.

13. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Nice to see parents joining in the recruiting effort (Deja's mom):

• Like Like x 3
  14. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

I like that.

15. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

thought Deja looked kinda small there til I realized she was with Sedona. Lots of people look small next to her. Sure hope the "future teammate" phrase was talking about their time at Texas.

16. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

17. HornsLewis

HornsLewis 25+ Posts

18. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

4 of 18 finalists for Team USA U17 world championship squad from Texas:
    Charli Collier
    Alexis Morris
    Sedona Prince
    Madison Williams

Out of state Texas targets among the finalists:
    Rellah Boothe
    Christyn Williams

I haven't heard much talk at all about Madison Williams (Ft Worth, Trinity Valley). Anyone know much about the 6' 1" wing and Texas standing with her?

19. HornsLewis

HornsLewis 25+ Posts

I've seen her play before. Not really a huge skill set there. Hell of a athlete though.

20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

21. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

With Jatarie and Chasity set to see the court in 2017-18, that also affects our needs/numbers for the 2018 class. 6'1 W/SF Shae Routt of Austin Reagan has been committed to Texas for a long time. That probably leaves 2-3 ships available depending on how many sign for the 2017 class; I'm leaning towards just two more.

Obviously, getting 6'7 Sedona Prince to re-commit is probably at the top of our coaches' priorities; don't have any one else on the roster with her size/height and natural fit at the Center position.

I had been thinking that 5'7 PG Tatum Veitenheimer would be a great get, but have to wonder now how high a priority another PG will be; luckily, she is also a very good shooter, so she could still be needed as we lose three senior guards in 2018.

Hoping 6'3 rebounding machine Queen Egbo fits in somehow. Not sure we have another interior player who has a knack for grabbing rebounds.

The upcoming summer camp's attendees might help us get a better idea of any other targets.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  22. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

23. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I'm with Mooooo on this one... While watching video of other big names last summer I picked Queen Egbo out of the bunch as well. I was very impressed with her rebounding and savvy play around the basket. This would be a nice get for us.

• Like Like x 1
  24. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  25. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

I am not sure how you say we have 2 more scholarships remaining available in the 2017 class?? The way I see it is we lose Sara Hattis, Bre Taylor, and Kelsey Lang.
    Jatarie White has taken Sara's and Patterson has committed to one of the other spots. That leaves one spot available, unless we have some attrition! Maybe I have missed something and I wish we did have more spots available because there are some excellent talent remaining in that class!!

26. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I'm pretty sure @Moooooo is projecting some transfer activity and I think 1, maybe 2, could be likely. Based on the influx of talent and possible playing time, there are some candidates that spring to mind - Foman, Akigbogun, Aborowa.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Ok then I am in agreement with you DFW. In fact I am not sure why 2 of the names on your list ever got an offer from UT! Aston does not need to offer projects or mediocre players just to get to the scholarship limit!!

28. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

(Announced) transfers can happen at any time, and for so many different reasons. Sometimes they are expected, and sometimes they are shocking. We have had an outgoing transfer just about every offseason under Coach A. I can see that continuing if lack of playing time is the issue for some players.

While I wasn't surprised to read about Hattis' transfer, I thought by now that there might have been an announcement of an additional one (based purely on my speculation). But, perhaps some players are waiting to see where they stand come end of summer or even come December.

• Like Like x 1
  29. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

I don't think any of those players will transfer. If they were going to they would've already done it, especially Tasia and Diani with only two more years of eligibility. And if Alecia isn't recovered from her injury Tasia will get plenty of playing time as the backup point guard. I don't have a problem with offering projects, look at all the top programs in the country. They don't have 15 high school all americans on the roster.

30. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Tasia Foman will be utilized for her strengths--especially if she keeps improving as she has. I'm not sure about Diani... and one would think that Mide would have another year to develop until the jury returns a verdict regarding her role on the team.