2018 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Jun 11, 2015.

1. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

The rare Sedona footage...starts off with a bang.

• Like Like x 5
  2. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

That video of Sedona is impressive. With Sedona and Charlie arriving next year (as well as Audrey and Joanne), I hope Coach Aston takes a page out of Nick Saban's playbook and plays the most talented players regardless of seniority.

• Like Like x 2
  3. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  4. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  5. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Saginaw Boswell won by about 30 tonight over Aledo. Two good teams but SB obvious a different level. Hard, physical game where SB pressed the entire game. SB coach had a technical and player had an intentional foul technical. Warren struggled in the first 1-1/2 quarter as Aledo doubled her anytime she touched the ball. Shooting was off and had several turnovers. Played really well in last 2-1/2 quarters. Just guessing but finished between 20-25 points. Not much to add from earlier report in this thread. My overall impression is that she is Texas good. A leader and good kid. Probably won’t play much as a freshman but can contribute as a sophomore and be a good player in last 2 years.

• Like Like x 2
  6. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Warren had 22 points. Myra Gordon had 26 in a 1 point OT win. J Owens had 27 in a 7 point win. Gusters had 4 in a 6 point win against a good DeSoto team(Duncanville doesn’t seem unbeatable anymore).S Andrews had 12 in a 53 point blowout win. T Jones still out for Dallas Christian.

7. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

My summary last night needs some corrections. It was the Aledo coach and player that got the technicals. The SB coach’s demeanor is excellent so want to correct that. And it was a 32 point victory.

8. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Interview with Audrey Warren. I think I'm going to like this young Lady..... alot!!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  11. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Congrats Charli and Sedona! :hookem2: Can't wait to see you two plus Joanne and Audrey in Austin!

• Like Like x 2
  12. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

13. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Stumbled across this today:
    “...against Aledo, Audrey scored 21 points, with 6 assists and 12 steals.”

• Like Like x 3
  14. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 7
  15. LutherIsMyDog

I predict Joanne will be a team leader in the next few years. Very impressed with her maturity, confidence and enthusiasm.

• Like Like x 5
  16. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

It would appear most are underrating her. She seems ok with her shooting guard title. Appears she can handle the ball good as well. Next year the Horns will need all the ball-handling they can muster. Really looking forward to seeing her in the play-offs

• Like Like x 4
  17. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Audrey continues her well-rounded stat lines...

• Like Like x 3
  18. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  19. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Congrats to Audrey.

• Like Like x 5
  20. LutherIsMyDog

Audrey with a 33 point game.

• Like Like x 3
  21. LutherIsMyDog

Charli a nominee for the Texas High School Athlete of the Year award.

• Like Like x 3
  22. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

3 K for Joanne!

• Like Like x 3
  23. LutherIsMyDog

Congrats Joanne! That's quite an accomplishment.

• Like Like x 1
  24. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Who's seen her in person? I have not, but I am curious as to who has similarities in their game

25. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  26. LutherIsMyDog

What classification is Boswell? 3A, 4A or 5A? Audrey is so consistent with scoring. Impressive Sr year.

• Like Like x 1
  27. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

5A. Almost impossible to get much detail. As anemic as Dallas coverage of Girls HS Basketball is, it's still light years ahead of the nonexistent Ft Worth coverage.

• Like Like x 2
  28. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Boswell beat Aledo handily at Home. Aledo is 27-3 and a pretty good team. Going to see them play AT Aledo and see if it makes a huge difference. Warren had 25 in first game. These district HS games can be misleading in that there are a lot of mismatches.

• Like Like x 3
  29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  30. LutherIsMyDog

A quick video of Sedona's final home game. Liberty Hill trounces Llano 103-29.

• Like Like x 4