2018 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Jun 11, 2015.

1. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Vicki Hall - 1988

• Like Like x 4
  2. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

For the Houston folks...

• Like Like x 2
  3. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Keep your head up Charli. Looking forward to seeing you, Sedona, Joanne and Audrey on the 40 Acres.

• Like Like x 4
  4. LutherIsMyDog

• Like Like x 6
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  5. LutherIsMyDog

• Like Like x 4
  6. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  7. LutherIsMyDog

Congrats to Lolo Davenport and Plano. State Champs!

• Like Like x 4
  8. LutherIsMyDog

Congrats to Charli and Sedona!

• Like Like x 3
  9. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Congrats to Charlie (1st team F) and Sedona (2nd team P). :hookem2:These two are going to be an awesome post combo. :hookem3:

Baylor also stocked up with Aquira DeCosta (1st team W), NaLyssa Smith (2nd team F) and Honesty Scott-Grayson (3rd team PG).

Other opponents that we will face in the coming seasons, iirc,

Tenn has Amira Collins (1st team P) and Zarielle Green (3rd team G).

Uconn adds Christyn Williams (1st team G) and Olivia Nelson-Ododa (2nd team P).

• Like Like x 1
  10. lolomama

lolomama < 25 Posts

Thank you so much!!

• Like Like x 3
  11. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Okay, I am going to put this here and in the AA honors thread for Sedona & Charlie: congrats to Sedona and Charlie.

https://www.hookem.com/2018/03/08/t...ce-charli-collier-national-player-year-award/

• Like Like x 2
  12. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Texas' drought will continue as Christyn Williams won the award. 3 of the past 4 winners went to UCONN. Seems the voters just hop over to ESPN's rankings when choosing - 4 of the last 5 were ESPN #1. The one outlier: they went all the way to #11 Jackie Young (must have been a lot of drinking and they thought the two 1s were just a product of double vision) skipping over Lauren Cox, Joyner, Sabrina Ionescu and Destiny Slocum.

• Like Like x 3
  13. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

:lmao:

• Like Like x 1
  14. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Christyn Williams takes home the Morgan Wootten as well. Would not be surprised if Charli uses that as additional motivation - not necessarily for the awards but she seems like the kind of kid who wants to prove she’s the best.

• Like Like x 5
  15. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  16. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  17. LutherIsMyDog

Charli still putting in the work.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

That's certainly good. I didn't even know the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission even had an all state team. I guess they want to do everything they can to prevent underage drinking and that's a good thing.

• Like Like x 4
  19. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

That's a lot of work Charlie is putting in. Good for her.
    :lmao:

• Like Like x 3
  20. LutherIsMyDog

Joanne still putting in the work...

• Like Like x 4
  21. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I think casual Texas WBB fans are underestimating the impact the 2018 class will have as freshmen based on the 2017 class results. Defensive issues aside, Chaz (depth at PG), Rellah (issues/conditioning) nor Destiny (health) were in great position to contribute significantly as freshmen.

Charli already has the physique of an NCAA upperclassman and most of the workout film we’ve seen of Sedona has shown she’s spending considerable time and effort preparing for the biggest adjustment faced by freshman bigs - the physicality of college post play. I’d be surprised if Charli and Sedona don’t finish next season averaging 18-20 minutes a game with Charli getting more than a few starts.

• Like Like x 7
  22. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  23. LutherIsMyDog

Much deserved recognition for Charli Collier

• Like Like x 7
  24. LutherIsMyDog

Charli is one of three finalists for the Gatorade National Player of the Year Award.

• Like Like x 2
  25. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

My guess -- Christyn Williams, of course. (Isn't it usually a UConn player?) Can't see them giving it to Brunelle, not even a senior. But a great honor for Charli. Even as this year winds down, I'm getting excited about next year.

• Like Like x 3
  26. LutherIsMyDog

I'm going to predict Charli Collier wins the Gatorade POY award. I want to believe the voters will take a deep dig into each nominee's skills and high school career and will determine that Charli most deserves the honor.

• Like Like x 3
  27. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Can anyone else remember the last time we brought in two players as heralded as Charli & Sedona? I am a bit worried that they play the same position, especially having Joyner at the 4. Those are three superior talents that would be really really hard to keep off the floor and only 2 spots. A good problem to have, but a problem for the staff none the less.

28. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

By rankings? Chasity and Rellah. :confused:

Charli is coming in to play PF, Sedona at C. In a dream scenario, Joyner develops a somewhat reliable midrange shot and plays the 3 - Texas then puts a frontcourt on the floor that would scare the bejesus out of any team in the country for the 2019-2020 season (Joyner's senior season, Sedona and Charli's soph). I'm sure Charli can/will spin down to the 5 from time to time but she's a 4.

• Like Like x 3
  29. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Front court options to dream of --- not only Joyner, Charli, and Sedona, but of course Jatarie and possibly Rellah. The most likely to shoot threes, from what I've read (and seen) are Charli and Rellah, if she is here. Does Sedona take three's? Joyner likes to, but shouldn't unless she gets better. I've don't remember Jatarie playing that far out.

• Like Like x 1
  30. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

I'm not going to allow myself to get carried away. Last Spring we were all anticipating that Rellah, Destiny and Joyner would be starters and Patterson would be ready to play point. We all know how that has turned out. Rellah may never play for UT again, Destiny has lost a season if she is not red-shirted, Joyner lost half the season and Patterson has played very sparingly. Coach is quite reluctant to play freshmen. Anyone ready to predict who the starters will be come conference games next season?