2018 Senate (& House)

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is the question again since you seemed to have misplaced it

2. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Dang...mchammer and I find commonality twice in a 24hr period. Is it snowing where you are?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

BREAKING: Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore admits that all the stories about Louis CK are true.

4. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

It is hard to imagine a more thorough, empathetic apology than Louis CK's. Link. I'll be interested to see how it plays.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

FWIW, Moore just issued a statement saying that he did not provide alcohol to minors or engaged in sexual misconduct. He did not comment on whether he knew these girls socially or kissed them (so one can reasonably assume that part of the story is true). To be fair to OU bubba, I could have been more precise in my original comment regarding “relevant”. I meant relevant in multiple ways. For example, as in weighing an unsubstantiated claim of a single person of something that happened 40 years ago. Also, as in whether the relevancy of general creepiness of 40 years ago (not denied by Moore) is an important distinction today.

6. Seattle Husker

What is really creepy is Moore's defenders and their biblical references to explain away any potential for creepy behavior towards minors.

I'm typically ready to give the benefit of the doubt in a he said/she said situation. If it's only 1 accuser then there is always the chance that the accuser could by lying. In this case we have 4 women describing similar inappropriate behavior and another 26 people vouching for these women.

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

In addition, since this news broke, he has avoided calling Trump a sexist-reprobate-Hitler-bigot on Twitter. But the night's not over.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Seattle Husker

The difference is, Louis CK asked for permission from his victims first. There is no evidence that Trump did. :p

9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Well, they are dumb. Have they not heard of the “half your age plus 7 rule”? It’s in the Bible, and it applies to the minimum age. Moore was WAY below that line.

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

In it's reporting on Moore, it has been discovered that the WAPO failed to disclose that at least one of his accusers is a Democrat activist. She openly, proudly hates Rs in her Facebook stuff.

The Post claimed it carefully reviewed all allegations. If so, then why leave that out? At a minimum, it is a disturbing oversight.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I think FX already dumped him ("will not receive compensation for any current FX shows—Better Things, Baskets, One Mississippi, and The Cops—on which he is a producer")
    His film release was also canceled. It was called "I Love You, Daddy" and, believe it or not, it is some type of tribute to Woody Allen and also reportedly takes aim at the previously rumored allegations that CK pressured women to either watch or listen to him masturbate. The distributor already paid $5M for it
    He was dropped from a special by HBO
    Netflix dropped out of producing another special

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  12. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

The sophistication of Gerrymandering has improved. The success of crack and pack has been pretty incredible, giving a voting minority control of all three branches of government at the federal level and many state governments as well.

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  14. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

The Post has had serious credibility problems of late and then puts this story out at the right time to ensure that Moore can't be replaced. I would love to know how long these ******** sat on this story.

15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

First, the GOP did not get a minority of the votes for Congress in 2016. Second, gerrymandering has nothing to do with the Senate, the presidency, or the judiciary. Finally, when given the chance, Democrats were the bigger gerrymanderers.

I'm not defending gerrymandering. I think it's ridiculous, but this new righteous condemnation of it and attempt to associate it with the GOP is getting absurd. Yes, the software makes it easier now, but it was never difficult. It's not new. It's old, and it has always been very common.

• Like Like x 1
  16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  17. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Well, I have a 14 year old and if a 32 year old ADA pulls that we got problems. Likewise if they’re 17 and theyre I8. The biblical references are laughable.

According to your definition if there’s grass on the infield play ball? 32-14 will get you prison, even in Alabama - unless Moore is your judge.

18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It is a bit of an awkward request.

19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

What if it was Brian Bosworth?

• Like Like x 4
  20. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I’m guessing you being a sooner that the exceptions being unless they are brother and sister or cousins. :yikes:

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

My definition to avoid the creepiness factor, which is actually written as a rule or adage in the Bible thus stronger than just being a biblical-based story, is half your age plus 7. Not sure what the Moore defenders are saying. Already said they were dumb. So, the ages according to my rule:
    16-15
    18-16
    20-17
    22-18
    24-19
    26-20
    28-21
    30-22

That is no where close to the smear you just wrote. Are you sure you are not Barry?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  23. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

What smear did I type? I’m not the one minimizing 32 v. 14 misconduct.

24. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Of course you would.

25. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Are you really saying this rule is in the Bible?

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The polling on this is inconsistent but ....

"Two new polls demonstrate that GOP nominee for the U.S. Senate Judge Roy Moore remains unaffected entirely by smears in the Washington Post against him, and his lead before the Post piece on Thursday afternoon remains intact."

but see

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Apparently not. Memory goes with old age.

28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

“According to your definition if there’s grass on the infield play ball?”

Not my definition. Again, your replies are filled with more inaccuracies than accuracies. I did ask in my OP if the behavior from 40 years is relevant today. But you used this opening to hijack the thread with a bunch a virtue signaling that doesn’t advance the conversation.

29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Another smear without attribution.

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

SNL paints Dems as old and out of touch
    They dont do this sort of thing very often
    Maybe we will look back at the Brazile stuff as a watershed moment