2018 Senate (& House)

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  2. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

As if on cue, someone has accused sitting Senator Al Franken of groping and stuff.

This might put the rest of the Senate in an very awkward position if Moore were to win election and then they tried to oust him in some way

"Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It"
    ".... On the day of the show Franken and I were alone backstage going over our lines one last time. He said to me, “We need to rehearse the kiss.” I laughed and ignored him. Then he said it again. I said something like, ‘Relax Al, this isn’t SNL…we don’t need to rehearse the kiss.’

He continued to insist, and I was beginning to get uncomfortable.

He repeated that actors really need to rehearse everything and that we must practice the kiss. I said ‘OK’ so he would stop badgering me. We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth.

I immediately pushed him away with both of my hands against his chest and told him if he ever did that to me again I wouldn’t be so nice about it the next time.

I walked away. All I could think about was getting to a bathroom as fast as possible to rinse the taste of him out of my mouth....."

lots more at the link http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leeann-tweeden-on-senator-al-franken/
    click once to enlarge the pic - tape of helmet reads "Tweeden"
    [​IMG]

Here is Tweeden with her husband
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  4. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Seems like her husband should have a man to man talk with the Senator.

5. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

This gonna be good.

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Thats always one of the questions, isnt it? I ask it with all these Hollywood cases -- where was the brother, father, boyfriend, husband?
    My guess is that in the majority of cases, the victim tells them "No, dont do it" Probably because they feared for the potential effect on their careers. If you are the guy in that situation, you have no choice but to honor her request.

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

At this rate, the future will have no white male Democrats in elected office

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

For those of you who have articulated some type of a standard to be applied to Moore, what happens if that same standard is applied to this pic of current Sen Al Franken? Using that same standard, should he be removed or forced to resign?

Just yesterday, all sorts of national liberals were saying/writing Bill Clinton should have resigned back in the day. Now, in less then 24 hours, we get to see if they meant it. If they believe women now, as they claim, what are they going to say about Tweeden's claims?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I just looked up the Minnesota Governor
    He is a Democrat
    Translation = Easy for them to cut Franken loose without losing the seat
    Keith Ellison?
    Replace one pompous *** with another

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We will see

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Franken has responded with a sort of Kevin Spacy excuse ("groping women is comedy")--

"I certainly don’t remember the rehearsal for the skit in the same way, but I send my sincerest apologies to Leeann. As to the photo, it was clearly intended to be funny but wasn't. I shouldn't have done it."

---------------------
    But ....

12. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

There was more to look up, but it turns out you are right.

Each state has its own law on how replacement senators are appointed or elected. Link. In Minnesota, as in most states, it is the governor's choice.

I'm intrigued by how they do it in Hawaii. There departing senator's political party nominates 3 candidates, and the governor chooses one of them. That way, if the people elect a senator to a 6-year term, that party controls the seat for the full 6 years.

13. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Hmm...I got this link pushed to me as "Breaking News" ~30 minutes ago.

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Ellison is something of a nitwit, but we can at least hope he is not as big of a sanctimonious *** as Franken
    Just yesterday, Franken was acting all morally superior over Don Willett's dad jokes - such a waste of valuable time

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Will this affect voter turnout in Alabama?

McConnell has called for some sort of ethics investigation
    This weaksauce response alone may be enough to inspire Bama voters

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Always the case with leftists. They start something first (like gerrymandering, killing or delaying qualified Supreme Court nominations, etc.) and it always bites them in the butt at a later time (and then cry unfair!). What a bunch of losers.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

lol -- Chuckles Schumer does not want any questions

-------
    Update -- Dem Senators all over now having to cancel their pressers to bash Moore

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Gropers of the world unite

[​IMG]

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Senate has not expelled a member since 1862.

And not for a lack of allegations, evidence, indictments or convictions.

They even refused to investigate, let alone expel, a senator who killed a woman.

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Same Dem Senator makes joke about anal rape of a boy

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is the story about this, if interested
    Just yesterday, Franken and Leahy (D-VT) nearly had panic attacks on the floor of the Senate when Willett revealed he'd joked on Twitter about "marrying bacon."

http://www.dailywire.com/news/23664...tm_content=051717-news&utm_campaign=dwtwitter

26. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Maybe it was just me but I didn't realize that Franken was such a large trigger for the Alt-Right.

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

28. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Are there any among us who has never made an incomplete pass (in a romantic or sexual way)? Let person host a judgmental podcast.

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Maybe the guy on the left?
    [​IMG]

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

No doubt the Washington Post and CNN have sent reporters to swarm all over Hollywood and Minnesota looking decades into Franken’s past

Right?