2018 Senate (& House)

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, Mar 22, 2017.

1. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

This may be one of the funniest things I have ever seen involving a Congressman. LMAO

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

:lmao:He couldn't help himself even in his apology.
    Wonder how many midgets he thinks it would take to tip Guam over ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

The giant population is going to have a field day with this one...

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

What is the answer to this question?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Hollandtx

Hollandtx 250+ Posts

What about the G-words? Who speaks for them? Who, sir, speaks for them.

6. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

So is the Blue Wave coming or not?

7. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Did you ever go into the ocean with a boogie board looking for that perfect wave? You see a big swell off in the distance and you get excited. As it gets closer and closer the swell gets smaller only to be a disappointing slight splash against the beach. Yep, thats the blue wave.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

That's what I'm thinking. It is hard for me to even put one bit of confidence in polls also. The Trump election should have taught us all that polls have been just as biased as the left wing media who creates them.

Maybe the House will go Democrat, but I have a hard time believing that, especially with minorities approving of Trump at higher levels than other Republicans historically. For all the talk of him being a racist and white supremacy and such, his policies help too minorities more than any of his opponents. I wouldn't be surprised to see that recognized and reflected in the mid-terms.

• Like Like x 2
  9. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

If Kavanaugh is confirmed then the RNC needs to blitz Republican voters on the importance of keeping the Senate. If the Senate is lost then that means no more SCOTUS appointments for at least 2 years.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

New Senate poll in MO post-Kavanaugh shows --
    Hawley (R) 48%
    McCaskill 46%

49% say they are less likely to vote for her because she is opposing Kavanaugh.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

GOP needs to parade out victims of Democrat politicians. Like Clinton, like Ellison, like Weiner. Remind everybody of the truth. They won't do that though.

12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Probably longer than 2 years. The 2020 map is far less favorable than the 2018 map. If they can't pick up seats with the 2018 map, they're not going to pick up many (if any) in 2020. They'll likely flip Doug Jones, but that's really their only big opportunity. And Democrats have real pickup opportunities in Colorado and Arizona.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

There is one poll out there suggesting Cruz' lead increased post-Kavanaugh.

However, there was another poll by Cook (sic?) showing this race much closer. However, two things about Cook (1) it was taken pre-Kavanugh, and (2) Cook is one of those pollsters who missed Trump v. Clinton by a huge margin.

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I thought Trump was smart to immediately go to WVirg for a rally post-Kavanaugh hearings (re: Manchin).

He should probably just stay on the plane and go to Alaska (re: Murkowski), then Montana (re: Tester), North Dakota (re: Heitkamp), Florida (re: Nelson), PA (re: Casey), Wisconsin (re: Baldwin), Missouri (re: McCaskill), Michigan (re: Stabenow), back to Indiana (re: Donnelly) and then back to Nevada (re: Heller)

Republican voters did not like the way Kavanugh was treated on their TVs Friday and then again on Saturday.

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Twitter's #1 ranked autofill on "#Kill"?
    It's "#KillKavanaugh" because of course, why wouldnt it be?

[​IMG]

16. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Orrin Hatch continues to win Twitter on his way out the door.

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

"Errr, no thanks"

[​IMG]

18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

If there was a significant ideological difference between Beto and Obama, this would make some sense. But there isn't. It's all about optics and not wanting Obama to steal his thunder.

19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Democratic enthusiasm edge much weaker than it was before Kavanaugh **** show. Link. If that edge doesn't hold, the Blue Wave may not happen. If it doesn't (meaning losses in the Senate and no House majority), there will be a full blown leftist panic. They will get even nuttier. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if some violence breaks out in the next couple of years.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Hollandtx

Hollandtx 250+ Posts

New video from a Dem site on the web. A different approach, for sure. I have to admit it's kind of funny, but I don't want it to energize the young liberal base.

I hope they are right instead, and I hope @Mr. Deez is too. I think this whole Kavanaugh debacle may be just what Rs needed to get angry and fired up. If the judge isn't confirmed, the Rs will get out and vote even more. I would hate for him to be a sacrificial lamb, but, the Blue Wave can't happen.
    It has been an absolute low for our country in my lifetime.
    My Facebook friend who is the know it all lawyer in DC (although she works for Chase in the mortgage department, she knows EVERYTHING about the political scene, ha ha) She goes to all the marches, protests, etc.
    For the one today, she said, "well time to go to my protest march closet". She has an actual closet in her home devoted to signs and things to protest with. Blows. My. Mind.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

But it probably makes her feel so virtuous.

Chase Bank must give pretty generous leave for her to have the time to regularly attend political rallies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It is more than a little ironic they are hanging their hats on a non-gay (as far as I know)(not that there would be anything wrong with it) white guy as the next Savior. I think it would be extremely amusing if it turned out 'the white Obama' were actually born in Juárez (and, if so, i would concede his nickname to him).

It didnt work out so well for their last Saviors from San Antonio. Maybe El Paso will do it for them this time?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  23. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

So now its OK for liberals to be generalize about people because of their age? There has never been a more shameless group of hypocrites than the modern day liberal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Latest Marist Poll on Generic Ballot --Suburban Women

Dems have lost 21 pts of their lead on Rs during what they are calling "the Kavanaugh confirmation process."

So they were right, there is some 'female rage' but it went the opposite direction from what they expected, once again showing just how far apart from normal Americans the Dems have traveled

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Deez, this is where I am at too. Wait till RBG keels over in next 6 months after the election. My question is whether GOP can govern when 15-20% of left wing lunacy doesn’t want any part of it.

26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

If she got replaced by Amy Barrett, that would be huge. You'd have a 6-3 conservative majority, which would mean a little insurance in the cases in which Kavanaugh or Roberts gets soft. It would truly be the end of a 90-year era of liberal judicial activism or at least tolerance for it.

27. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

Oh man, the liberal temper tantrum would make the Kavanaugh protests appear like a gentle hiccup. I would love to watch it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

O'Rourke doesn't want an Obama endorsement because he is running for Texas Senator. It would be like demasking the villian at the end of Scooby Doo for many here.

If he were running for President, you have to bet he and Obama would show up together all over the place. It would be the bromance that Steven Colbert has wet dreams about.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Grassley going after Dem Senator’s emails/communication with Ford’s attorney. This could get interesting.

30. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

Are you saying that Ford's attorney is working with Grassley to find out who made the leak?