2018 Senate (& House)

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, Mar 22, 2017.

1. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Did not say that. Grassley is going after Senate communications with them.

2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Sounds to me like Grassley is looking to show how the Dem senators tried to conspire together to cook up this scandalous story.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here are the Florida Absentee Voting numbers around the Kavanaugh vote --

Oct 5 -- 6,134 ballots returned (48-32% Rs)
    Oct 6 (morning count only) -- 11,227 ballots returned (50-30% Rs)

Thus, so far at least, the Rep margin going up

4. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I've even heard that many women are more motivated to vote R now. That really feels good to know that women are listening critically to the reports and thinking logically through them instead of having a class consciousness. I am so tired of class consciousness and the Marxism that has crept into our culture.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

The politics of grievance and resentment

6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I just cast my absentee ballot. I didn't vote straight ticket, but it was the most Republican-dominant ballot I've cast in 20 years. I even voted for The Wheelchair (albeit reluctantly) and "Handjob John" Carter, for whom I had never voted.

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

So the local Republican Office finally opened again. One of my neighbors told me he went by there 3 times and they were always closed. I dont know if it was an issue of money, whether they were just conceding the urban areas or maybe this was their plan all along.

But they got a batch of Cruz signs in and they are popping up all over. There are still more Beto signs by my eyeball count (I bike 5-6 days/wk), but now at least there is something resembling balance. It might simply be the timing or it might be the pushback the Rs managed to get Kavanaugh through. Either way, R-homeowners in the city are more bold today than they were a month ago when I first wrote about it. It's risky -- as many of you already know, Dems will dump friends over this stuff, even old friends. And they might also damage your property. So bravo to the brave ones.

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Wonder what she got for sticking with Chuckles Schumer?

[​IMG]

9. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Cruz did a short interview on Louder with Crowder last week. He resembles a high school student council president, but a very likable, personable one. Looked like a fun chat.

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Alaska Governor:

Dunleavy (R) 47% (+20)
    Walker (I-inc) 27%
    Begich (D) 23%

13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

********. No actual man likes Taylor Swift. Gay men and metrosexual males are the only non-females who like her, and they aren't conservatives.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I think this whole Taylor Swift thing was another hoax created by some 4Chan people that MSM/liberals fell for. I have no doubt they are laughing their asses off about this now. It's too easy

15. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

The Taylor Swift headline reads like a Babylon Bee tweet. There are probably some country dudes that still listen to her from her country days.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Some more polling numbers, this the latest from Upshot NYT/Siena Research. I think these are phone calls, with the numbers updated close to real time --

Tenn Senate
    Blackburn (R) 54 (+14)
    Bredesen (D) 40

Texas Senate
    Cruz (R) 54 (+12)
    O’Rourke (D) 42

Nevada Senate
    Heller (R) 48 (+3)
    Rosen (D) 45

Polling the 2018 Midterm Elections in Real Time

• Like Like x 1
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I had some young Asian guys in a skype room who loved her. They kept asking me to introduce them (I may have told them she mowed my grass (in jorts)). None of them were US citizens so hopefully none are voting, but I guess we can never be certain of this.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I thought this was kinda funny (bottom tweet)
    In reality, Ted Cruz is 47, while "Beto" O'Rourke is 46.
    And Ted Cruz is half-Cuban, while "Beto" O'Rourke is two-halves-white.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

JF
    So you are in a skype room ( is that a thing?) and you tell gullible Asian guys that Taylor Swift mows your yard in jorts?

Mr D had it right.
    "Mr. Deez to Joe Fan --"You have a remarkably deep and creative sphincter...."

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is another Nevada/Heller recent poll. The risk here is that for 3 cycles now, the pollsters have underestimated the Dem vote there. So it may be closer than it seems from this

NBC/Marist poll of NV-SEN (likely voters)

Heller (R) 46%
    Rosen (D) 44%
    Hagan (L) 8%
    None of these 2%

9/30-10/3, MOE +/- 5.5%

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It's been on the wane for several years

It's true. Here is foto proof

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

JF
    You probably set back American/ Asian relations 10 years.
    Now Pompeo will have to apologize. Where is obama when you need him?

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Dude can still pack a house
    The last election, this did mean something yet it was either immeasurable or just ignored by pollsters (to their peril)
    Will it still translate for the 2018 midterms? Enough to keep the House?

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

How is this not blowing the dog whistle for more lefty violence?

[​IMG]

---------------------

Here was Kellyanne Conway's response --

"Usually when she opens her mouth, respectfully, she offends at least one half of the country, and she did it again, but I think her discourse now is a little bit dangerous.

I don’t like the implications there. It’s one thing to call us deplorable, irredeemable, laugh at people who don’t have all the privileges that she has had with her Ivy League law degree and her marriage to a much more popular man who was actually was a two-term president that she’ll never be ..... I don’t like that kind of talk. I avoid it.

I don’t see all these Democratic candidates banging down Hillary Clinton’s door, asking her to lock arms.

I think it’s not just unfortunate and graceless, but a little bit dangerous, and I would ask her to check that."

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I thought this was kinda funny - NBC Today Show went to the OC looking for young voters

27. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Democrats are so racist.

28. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

I cannot think of a more evil person in modern day politics than Hillary. A true sociopath.

• Agree Agree x 4
  29. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

In all fairness, they might not care about her music. But they might like the idea of an attractive, famous, rich woman who they don't have to worry is going to turn around and lecture them about every little microaggression.

BTW let it be said that the Google spellchecker is clearly misogynistic, as it does not recognize "microaggression" as a word and puts that mansplaining red dotted line under it in my text field.

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts