2018 Senate (& House)

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

MrD
    It is so frustrating that voters are so shallow, on both sides.
    If people would take a little time they could look at her history and record and see she is anything but moderate. The picture of her in a pink tutu protesting against our military alone should disturb people.

same with Beta. His ads are nothing but kum by yah fluff. " I want to represent all Texans to a better future Together we can do this"

I ran a more substantive campaign when I ran for student body President in junior high.

2. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Saw some new Beto signs on my way home yesterday...from a distance, looks like the typical Beta crap, but as you get closer, you see the "Republicans for" in smaller print above Beto...

Along with the sign stealing tactics mentioned above, I saw some guy in Vancouver (WA) got his truck torched due to a couple of Trump stickers. Anyone who truly believes we are not on the precipice of major violence by the losers, err I mean the left, is simply not paying attention.
    Vancouver man says his truck was torched because of Donald Trump stickers

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

My cross to bear

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Many of the framers thought only white male educated land owners should be voting

5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

There has been an idea floated for years that only taxpayers should have a vote. I guess that is similar to the land owners.

• Hot Hot x 1
  6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

mb I call bs on on those signs

7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Sinema has done more than just talk though. At least by some standards, she votes with Trump 63 percent of the time. Link. But that's a pretty recent trend that she has probably started building for her Senate run. Historically, she's pretty liberal - former Nader activist, Green Party nominee, and a liberal legislative record in earlier years. If she gets elected, I wouldn't expect her to keep that percentage or anything close to it.

8. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Appeared in the past few days...not sure if they are statewide or if they were Houston-area. I first saw them in April Sound. Also saw a few this morning in The Heights.

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I been pimping this idea from the outset of this midterm. Unfortunately it took the mistreatment of Kavanaugh to wake the DC Republicans up. Now they see that treatment of Kavanaugh as a great motivator -- it sort of lifted the veil on the Dems, exposed them for who they are, Dems play dirty and dont care who they hurt. I wish Rs could figure out how to motivate their own voters to vote in a better way than this, but at least they are now trying to seize the moment

"GOP now on the offensive in several Senate races, could expand majority even if House flips"
    GOP now on the offensive in several Senate races, could expand majority even if House flips

" .... Liberal activists and online media [are] touting Democratic chances and paying more attention to stretch cases like Texas and Tennessee, when the Democrats need to protect vulnerable incumbents in states like Missouri and Indiana," Michigan State University political science professor Matt Grossman told Fox News.

"That reminded me of talks about possible Democratic wins in Arizona, Georiga, and Texas in 2016, when Clinton had to protect the Midwest states," he added.

Missouri and Indiana indeed represent vulnerable seats that Republicans could swipe next month.

Fox News ranks the Senate races in Indiana and Missouri as toss-ups, as incumbent Democratic Sens. Joe Donnelly and Claire McCaskill, respectively, try to fend off challengers in states President Trump won by double-digits in 2016. Both voted against Kavanaugh, which has become a central issue in both contests....."

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

She once called her home state "the 'meth lab' of democracy”

lol

[​IMG]

11. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

mb
    I did not mean to call b.s. on what you are seeing.
    I am saying I find it hard to believe any real Republican support Beta

12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I know two Republicans who support Beta. They pretty much fit the profile you'd expect. They are professionals, well-educated, and make good money. They are mostly hostile to Trump and buy into the "unity message" that Beta pitches.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

You could say the same about Beto. This is what I think - they rapidly get 44% cause that is the dem % level in the state. The race is to convince the another 6%. At the moment I think both races go 54-46 GOP.

14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It's funny that it's happening to Beta, but if you needed more proof that Michael Avenatti is a massive clown, this is it. Link.

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It is such baloney. As soon as he gets to DC, Chuckles would own him.

Need an example? Look at how he held them in the Kavanaugh vote. Even the ones facing defeat where not allowed the chance try and save their jobs. Chuckles made them fall on their swords for him, all except for one.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

As far as the Arizona voting base goes ... I lived in Sandy Eggo for a few years and there were a certain time of the year when their license plates showed up en masse. The locals used the derisive term "Zonies." It was the Zonie Invasion. The name still fits. These are the same people who gave us John McCain and Jeff Flake.

17. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

So are there no examples of Mitch owning his party's members? Or are Democrats the only "owned" votes? Seems like this is a systemic problem, not a partisan one.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Cannot tell if serious?
    If so, I just named two of them in the subsequent post to the one you quoted. Plus plenty of not-voting-with-Mitch from -- Collins, Graham, Murkowski, Rubio, Rand Paul, Sasse and Corker. Quick, name me 9 Dem Senators you can say the same about.

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This woman has so many things coming out about what she has said or done in the past, McSally should just string them all together into one commercial and start airing them tomorrow.

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Antifa was on the attack last night
    Warns they are just getting warmed up

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

And Beta isn't being overtly deceptive. When pressed to take policy positions, I don't see much evidence of moderation. I see him basically running on a national Democratic policy platform. He's not really faking anything. What fools people is that he uses a lot of unifying rhetoric - talks about "working together," "reaching across party lines," etc. And since he's rarely pushed for specifics, he can make that image his central focus.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

The voters are so shallow. Why can’t they be deep thinkers like all of us?

• Funny Funny x 2
  23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm surprised they're attacking hipsters. Aren't they pretty left-leaning?

24. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

If you're going to text for Beta, you better think twice before texting your ex-wife.

FB_IMG_1539425053970.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Hollandtx

Hollandtx 250+ Posts

"This fish ain't biting, cowboy" is a great line.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Not the worst idea youve ever had
    Does this mean we are all antifa now?
    Bubba would be so happy
    What did y'all do with him anyway?

27. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mr D
    On your 2 Republican friends who support Beta

What about issues? Do they want open borders?
    To abolish ICE? Support sanctuary cities? I am amazed at how few people even understand what a sanctuary city is. Would not go after unequal trade deals in case we would have to get tough.

Your point about him not being asked about his actual positions is right and frustrating. I do not see how any real Republican could support him

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The new swiftboating

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  29. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Anybody who believes Beto is going to bring people together to work on problems in a bipartisan way is a "special" kind of person. I know lots of them. They get their political ideas from Jimmy Kimmel, Ellen DeGeneres, and Stephen Colbert. Otherwise how would they know that Cruz is such a bad guy?

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It is hard to tell sometimes --
    Is it that the Dem Party runs the Media/Entertainment complex?
    Or, is it that the Media/Entertainment complex runs the Dem Party?
    Seriously, what is the answer?