2018 Senate (& House)

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Just another example of how Dems roll
    My advice is to just stay away from these people in your private lives. In fact, run away, dont walk.

[​IMG]

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Trump is in Kentucky tonight with a rally for a congressman there
    They've had requests for 93,000 tickets to the rally
    Kentucky has a population of only ~4.4M

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Somebody is also saying he's seen Beto signs in Connecticut
    Maybe they had excess, like those aggy championship T-shirts showing up in Africa?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

What do we have to do to get Taylor to start endorsing other Dem candidates?

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

They're corporate, globalist types. Like Beta, they would never say they favor "open borders." In fact, I know of no Democratic politician who admits that he supports open borders. (Some Democratic pundits do admit to favoring open borders.) They would say we need to expand legal immigration, grant amnesty, and the obligatory "increase border security."

On trade, they are staunch free traders, and they basically accept as true the media narrative that we're "picking trade wars." To be honest, I can't blame them. There's almost no analysis or context in the trade issue in mainstream political discourse at all and from either side. Basically, everybody is just talking out of their asses. So my friends don't know if we're getting ripped off or not ripped off and don't care. They just hear the narrative.

7. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I always find this funny, because they always deflect from this, but it's pretty much impossible to pin them down on what sort of security they actually want to have at the border. Generally anything more than asking for verbal affirmation that they're citizens seems to be too much. I've read people complaining about being asked to show ID coming back into the U.S.

And if you want to better patrol areas of the border that don't have any security, the answer is always that we're just wasting money based on some misplaced hatred or fear of "brown people."

8. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Okay. Beto has turned into a circus act. A lame one at that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

They don't have to deflect too much because they're very seldom pressed for specifics. "More border security" is usually enough to satisfy mainstream commentators and journalists, because they favor open borders. They're only asking the question as an obligation. A serious journalist would ask questions about what this means. If they call for more border patrol, then follow up. How many more? What powers would those officers have? What process would have to be followed if border patrol catches somebody? How much money will that process cost?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Speaking of Beto, some Guardian writer actually wrote a profile of Beto focusing on Beto's reaction to reading a profile of Beto.

You cannot make this stuff up.

It exactly like something Barack Obama would do. Which may have been the point?

12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The sack-licking he has been getting from the media is laughable. It's bad enough that even Politco is saying to lay off. Link.

13. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

I think that may be the reason he has held off on the negative ads a bit. I think 1) he's trying to save some money on a race that is likely to not yield a win 2) He wants to try and be the high minded candidate for 2020.

High minded rhetoric seems to sway the big tent kumbaya groups. right up until they actually have to find a way to "please ALL the people, ALL of the time"

14. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

I didn’t like Chris Christie as governor and wasn’t wild about him as a presidential candidate, but he would’ve made a fantastic AG. As New Jersey’s DA, he proved himself to be very talented at sniffing out corruption. And he was very evenhanded, landing countless high-profile convictions on both sides of the aisle.

Unfortunately, prosecuting Charles Kushner led to a feud with Charles’ equally corrupt son, Jarred. This was probably what blocked Christie from securing an AG nomination from Jarred’s father in law.

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Do you think he went into this race in Texas thinking he was going to lose? I dont know. To me, it feels like they thought they could really win it this time. I can say for certain, they put a lot of time, money and people into this. They were at my front door probably 4-5 times.

At same time, it does seem like his handlers were seeing it that way. But handlers can't always be trusted. The way it was explained to me back in the early 1980s in Austin, when I had a business dealing with an aspiring politician (who was extremely uninspiring), was that these types will attach themselves to anyone who has the money to pay them.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I was for Christie in that role too. And hindsight suggests he would have been much better than Sessions, who would have been better as DHS Secretary. But, besides the Jared part, i think Christie had already made himself too much of a liability to be seriously considered.

17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Ding ding ding. Beto is along for the ride and will switch to a bigger ride in the future. The real action are those making money off him. Remember there are a lot of out of work Dems out there.

18. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, but there are a lot fewer of them than before Trump took office.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

While it has not gotten much attention, Trump's approval numbers in the "battleground states" have been on the rise. It seems like the media covers them if in decline but ignore them when they go the other way. Anyway, we will see if it matters.

20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm sure he assumed it would be a tough race, but I think Beta believed he could win with high Democratic turnout and possibly blunted support for Cruz. People usually don't throw away a House seat to be a sacrificial lamb.

Having saids that, he undoubtedly has a contingency plan in the event that he loses. I doubt that he'll have to move back to El Paso and try to relaunch his rock band. He's probably got a gig set up to keep him in the public eye for the next few years - could be working for a liberal advocacy group or as a MSNBC host.

21. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

An MSNBC host is seen by a handful of thousand viewers across the country. I'm sure he'd want to be more "in the public eye" than that.

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

If he does run, the funniest part of the primary debates will have to be watching he and Liz Warren argue about who has the most authentic heritage
    :popcorn:

• Funny Funny x 2
  23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The point is to connect him with Democratic primary voters (not normal people), and they watch MSNBC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

.... he might be an exciting Uber driver

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The spokesman for the Dem's support of Phil Bredesen for Senate in Tenn, Mark Brown, has been caught on social media all in with the loony left. Bredesen has put a lot of his effort into convincing voters he was a moderate who could work with Reps. Some pre-Kavanugh polling showed him up. But that's all gone now. I think this race is over

This was him on Facebook (2015 I think)
    [​IMG]

The Free Beacon did a piece with more of his commentary, such as "f*ck 'reaching out' to Trump voters. The idiots aren't listening."
    Tennessee Dem Spokesman: 'F—k Reaching Out to Trump Voters...The Idiots Aren't Listening'

26. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I don't think traditional Democratic donors (unions, trial lawyers, tech companies, and limousine liberals like Soros) are pitching in much of that. I think it's mostly a bunch of liberals who have heard about him in the news and seeing videos on social media deciding to send him $50. He hired these guys to help him do it. Same guys Bernie Sanders hired.

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I was thinking of ways to make the Dem 2020 debates even better. How about if Shaun King and Rachel Dolezal also announced? That would be 4 white people pretending to be something else in an effort to overcome the anti-white racism of the Dem electorate.

sidenote -- unlike Beto, whiter-than-white Mitt Romney actually had ancestors born in Mexico, but never tried to monetize it.
    Likewise, recent DNA-testing now show Warren is 99.8% white. If you recall, Warren didn’t claim to be 1% Native American, she claimed her mom and dad had to elope because of how darn Native American she was.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1