2018 Senate (& House)

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Based on the media reaction, it seems that Dems think these DNA results will somehow put an end to the derision directed at Warren's fake Native American claims (“Pocahontas”) --
    (a) It wont
    (b) You would have to be pretty dumb to think it would

[​IMG]

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Not bad ....

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here are the Warren remarks about why her parents had to elope

I dont know if this woman had any realistic shot at becoming a Democrat nominee for President, but whatever chance there was got snuffed out today. She just doesnt know it yet

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

BOSTON GLOBE: math is hard

[​IMG]
    LOL

What's 1 divided by 1,024?

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  5. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Beto gets what he wanted regardless of election results. $38 million you say? And who here honestly thinks a yuuuge portion of that does NOT go into an acoustic to which he has unlimited access. It's 2018 American politics boys and girls.

6. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Acoustic? I meant 'account' of course. Sorry

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Sounds a lot like Bernie
    He got a free beach house

8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I've read some articles on it, and what I see is that some articles don't include the math at all or bury the math after several paragraphs saying "see, she really is Native American." This is the Boston Globe article, which waited until the 7th paragraph to mention the math.

I thought this paragraph was interesting.

Smith is the alleged Native American in her lineage. They dismiss the fact that she identified as white by pointing to likely discrimination. However, if she was fully or even mostly Native American, what are the odds that she could have called herself "white" and actually fooled anybody? Let's keep in mind that back then, an Irishman was considered too dark and thuggish to be white. But we're supposed to assume that a full-blooded Native American was fooling people or at least thought she was? It's possible, but is that really the most likely scenario? I have a hard time buying that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

It didn't work for Pasquinel's daughers in Centennial. Granted that was fiction and a miniseries and they were all hot. But still!

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Is this one too far?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Hell no that's funny. I was just telling a co-worker at lunch that Beto is the 2nd coming of Obama. No policies, just a blank slate for folks to project their hopes of what he stands for on.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Sorry just saw this, and now I'm the one who can't tell if you're serious.

Here's the middle of the "vote tracker." It shows the percentage that Senators vote with the Republican party line. Rand Paul is the "least likely to vote R" on the scale, yet he votes R 75 percent of the time. Manchin votes with Republicans 60 percent of the time. Check out the inverse. In order to find a D who votes with the Democrat party line and Schumer, you'd have to pass 28 Democratic Senators along the way to get there. You're kidding yourself if you think Republicans are "less likely to vote along Mitch's line" than Dems are with their minority leader. It's always been this way going back to the party flip-flop.

btw, Rubio is up there at 96 percent R votes.

[​IMG]

13. ProdigalHorn

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

• Funny Funny x 5
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

You did not show your source but that looks like 538, yes?
    If so, this list is how often these Senators voted with President Trump's position, according to Nate Silver at least.
    It is not a list of how often Senators vote the way their majority leader wants them to vote.
    Tracking Congress In The Age Of Trump

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

More proof political insiders come to the West Mall on Hornfans for their ideas? Although, after watching this one, I think we could do much better ourselves

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

And that will probably sink her. It reminds me of Bruce Braley's comment about a farmer chairing the Judiciary Committee. It probably gave Joni Ernst a Senate seat.

Sometimes Democrats are just too honest about what they actually think of their constituents.

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Along those same lines, there was something floating around last night from the Claire McCaskill camp, audio or video of them saying "Whatever we do, we cant let them know what we really think on gun rights and something else" Let me see if I can find that

edit -- here it is -- "People just can't know that"
    Basically what we have always said and thought about them, but this time with video and audio proof

• Like Like x 2
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

What a complete backfire! Too funny.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  21. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

sounded good though ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  22. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

there are enough dumb people to nominate both Hillary Clinton and that idiot in the White House, so I guess all things are possible.

23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

But it's being treated by many as a vindication because she literally does have some Native American in her. That was never the issue though. Virtually everybody has some. The point is that she had claimed to be a "minority" based on it. That's what was fraudulent.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. ProdigalHorn

Well she created an entire narrative about her dad's family resisting his marriage because they didn't want him marrying an indian. And then she talked about that legendary indian crab bisque recipe that apparently the Cherokee handed down from generation to generation...

• Like Like x 1
  25. ProdigalHorn

I'm starting to wonder if Dems can do anything right at the moment...

26. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Good thing is that Native American groups are stating that Warren doesn't have enough DNA to be considered Native American and beyond that DNA evidence isn't enough. There must be a certain amount of NA genetics to qualify, historical documentation, and cultural participation and all that has to link to a specific tribe. DNA data doesn't really help her much at all.

• Like Like x 2
  27. ProdigalHorn

Kinda reminds me of Paul's quote from Romans: "They are not all Israel who descended from Israel."

• Like Like x 1
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Everyone hates political ads on TV. There are so many of them. Plus, they are usually awful. And it seems like they repeat the most awful ones the most. Even Ted Cruz' ads are pretty bad.

But here is one that I think is simple and effective. It's the best one Ive seen this cycle. You guys agree or not?

• Like Like x 1
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Ive noticed you guys have trouble deciding whether Trump is an evil genius or an idiot. He can't be both. Which is it? How could "an idiot" get so much done? It makes no sense.

You are the same people who told us during the election he would start a nuclear war, trample the Constitution, destroy the economy , re-enslave black people, do whatever Putin wants and arrest all Muslims. What happened to all that stuff anyway?

30. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

maybe if you quit putting everybody you disagree with in the "you guys" category and assuming that all people who dislike that charlatan you worship think alike then you might improve your reading comprehension. My guess is it would not help any.

During the election campaign (not the election itself) I said I thought both candidates were disgraces. I mentioned that Trump is a malignant narcissist, and he is.

Does it not bother you that he not only applies tags to whoever he doesn't like at the moment, such as Lying Ted, but brags about his intelligence, how many smart people he knows, how he has a plan that is going to be terrific for just about anything, invites mentally ill people into his office and acts like they are just fine, etc.

I don't think he has much of a grasp of how governments work and in that he is like both of his two immediate predecessors but to a far greater degree.

I will give him this: He is running the government like he ran his companies; spending money that is not his far in excess of what he is taking in. Not that that matters to his sycophantic lemmings