2018 Senate (& House)

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Florida is the only state with both early and late voting
    Very late voting

• Like Like x 5
  2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Because these days all too often college educated = leftist indoctrinated?

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

A federal judge ruled that Brenda Snipes, supervisor of the election in Broward County, Florida, illegally destroyed ballots in the 2016 election. She also left a Constitutional Amendment off ballots, and yet, she's still supervisor of the election. Tells you a lot about politics in that part of the country. Scott is only leading by 0.18 percentage points, which means there will be a manual recount. That could take as long as it did back in 2000.

Rick Scott Claims Fraud, Seeks Florida Law Enforcement Probe Of Election Officials | HuffPost

4. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

the problem with this goal is trying to relate reason with feelings.

The bottom line, so to speak, should be the national debt and the deficit ... but younger voters don't appreciate the degree of the problem. I didn't.

I voted for Dukakis in my first POTUS election to aggravate my uber conservative buddy. Really. If he wasn't wearing a softball uniform, he was wearing a suit. We called him "Alex" ... as in Alex P Keaton. Ironically, he's a about as far from that character now (save for the suits, he still wears suits a lot) as one can be and avoid being a complete circus act ... but he's a college administrator ... in California. He's lost his salt, yes ....

This isn't about Kevin, though. I thought of myself, and was told by most adults ... I was a mature 18 year old ... and still I voted the way I did. This is why I support changing voter eligibility to having 2 years honorable military service and being 25 years old ... or being 25 years old and having real estate deed (mortgage) in your name.

The Founders were wiser than we thought ... but in the feeler section of "we're all equal" we've created this monstrosity whereby there are more folks with the incentive to continue the welfare train than to provide for themselves.

It's the old adage "if you're 20 and not a liberal, you don't have a heart. If you're 30 and not a conservative, you don't have a brain."

The concrete has yet to set in young people today ... and really forever, but we forced many to "grow up" early. So the system favors the leftist big govt because human nature is selfish and lazy. "The govt oughta ..." is the first thought of FAR too many people. (and '...butt out' is not the completion of that idea in FAR to many cases)

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

There is some science behind the adage. Most human brains are not fully formed until age 27-29. For men, the last to set are logic and reason. Explains many things.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That's the easy answer. Why did we allow this to happen? Why have we allowed universities to push left wing ******** unchallenged? Perhaps even more important, why didn't we teach our kids to have a better ******** sniffers so that they'd know indoctrination when they heard it?

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I attended Trinity University from 1976 - 1980. I recall the old saying even back then; "If you're 19 and not a Democrat you don't have a heart; if you're 30 and not a Republican you don't have a brain."

EDIT: @ShAArk92 - sorry, I didn't see your post. You beat me to it.

Now, regardless of the truth of that saying it does remind me that it was normal to think of college kids as Democrats/Liberals. That was a long time ago (much to my chagrin).

• Like Like x 1
  8. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

'Cause half of them are stoned? When you are listening to Eat a Peach or The Doors or Hendrix or Dylan fan then it's hard to not want to support peace and pick flowers.

Lyrics from "Ain't Wastin' Time No More"

"Well, by and by, way after many years have gone
    And all the war freaks die off, leavin' us alone
    We'll raise our children, in the peaceful way we can
    It's up to you and me brother
    To try and try again"

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Both Florida and Arizona now have more votes cast than registered voters

[​IMG]

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The real tu

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

They are willing to do anything

12. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

That's right!

And I'm your resident T-Shirt fan! I don't care what Aggy thinks of me!

13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

This is a different phenomenon than the normal liberalism that we associate with young people. Guess who won the youth vote in 1988 - Shark's first election. Bush. There is something different about current youngsters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm skeptical. Do we have a source for this?

15. Sangre Naranjada

Harder indoctrination. More intensely PC atmosphere, particularly on social media, that severely punishes people who fail to spout the left wing line (in other words, those who think for themselves), and reinforces the educational indoctrination.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Broward County, for one, either does not know or is refusing to say how many votes it has left to count.

This reminds me of the old joke where you ask a math teacher, an engineer and an accountant "what is 2 + 2?"
    The first two answer "4"
    The last asks, "What do you want it to be?"

[​IMG]

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Nobody cares what aggy thinks

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I'm telling you right now. NO MATTER WHAT IS UNCOVERED the Left won't care. When you see the cold, uncaring, methodical and dispassionate face that Diane Feinstein maintained while Kavanaugh's family was listening to the most horrible allegations then you know nothing matters but victory. It is pathological.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Conclusion, they must be defeated at the ballot box
    Not voting or voting for 3rd party no-names just will not cut it.

20. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

There’s nothing worse that cheating or being fraudulent in elections. We have to make these actions so severe that no one would even contemplate doing it. Maybe public hanging? JK. But seriously make it a pretty healthy sentencing. Like many many years in prison.

And WTF is going on in Florida again? Why does this state have this problem over and over. Florida is going toward the hanging chads again. Just ignorances that our country didn’t learn anything from the 2000 presidential election.

Oh and one more thing, why does every single recount always add thousands of votes to the Democratic Party? They always have lost ballots that are almost 100% for the Dems to make up those votes. There’s a history of this. Al Franken would have never been elected had they not found those mysterious ballots that just appeared from no where.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This makes no sense to me.
    They escape California for Texas where they continue to vote for tax & spend Dems who over regulate everything and believe in Open Borders.
    This is exactly what destroyed California
    So now they are just gonna leave the wasteland they created there and bring this same baloney here?
    Why?
    Are they really just out to destroy everything?
    What are we supposed to do with these people?

*full disclosure, I am a former resident of SF

22. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Emotions first. "I'm a good person" first. But when it comes to their own finances they are capitalists. Call it what you will. My old boss (an entrepreneur/RE Developer) was a big time Liberal but his best friend used to always ride him as being a Liberal when it came to voting and cocktail parties but a Republican when it came to running his business and tit was 100% accurate.

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Probably true for about 110% of Silicon Valley types

24. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm not even sure they're that deep. I think most of them are simply voting on social issues and think the economic issues will take care of themselves.

25. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

that's true, but the axiom still stands and makes the goal of messaging conservatism to those who feel more than they think ... problematic.

26. Sangre Naranjada

Liberals always have loved spending other people's money for "the common good".

27. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Wednesday morning, Nov. 7, Hugh Hewitt said that with 96% of the votes counted in the Senate race in little Montana, the Republican had what amounted to a 4% lead. He estimated that there were only 16,000 uncounted ballots based on the total number of votes counted up to that point. He thought it would be impossible for the Dem to overcome that lead with so few votes remaining, yet somehow the Dem won.

Funny how these really close races with controversial circumstances usually fall to the Dems with a last minute barrage of Dem votes. No wonder Dems like Stacy Abrams refuse to concede.

• Like Like x 1
  28. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Yeah... it's like a Liberal friend once told me; "Rich folks don't need our help."

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

As I recall at that time, Trinity had the highest priced tuition per hour in the entire state? But lots of cute tennis-players

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Usually or always?
    They would have done it to W if they only had more a little more time