2018 Senate (& House)

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

You can be tougher than those guys without being an *******.

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I disagree. In takes a very tough, self-confident person to stand up to these bullies. Just look at how its is all stacked against my side. They have everything - newspapers, magazines, Google, Twitter, cable tv, late night talk shows, daytime talk shows, the universities, 11 out of 12 cable news entities, film, music, public tv/radio, National Security, the top of the FBI, the top of DOJ, and even the FISA court itself apparently. Fox News and country music is about all they dont have (and country music is afraid to speak up). And they even have some sleeper cells inside FNS (see Shep Smith).

Any other potential Republican President would have bowed to them. Trump is the only one who has the inner confidence to fight back. Which is what the people want. What they have been waiting for. As the voting showed.

So maybe you are right he can be a (short for Richard). So what? Do you not think Obama was a (short for Richard)? He was just a different type of (short for Richard). In any event, I just dont care about that stuff and am happy to let you and the rest of the pearl clutchers worry about his language. What I do care about the make-up of the Supreme Court and all the rest of the federal judges. On that front, Trump literally saved the Republic.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  3. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

We wanted a dog that would go out in the front yard and bite burglars. If he accidentally bites the mailman, or scares the nice neighbors walking their dogs on the streets 'cause he barks at them and growls at them, that is acceptable in order to get the bite-the-bad-guys thing.

• Hot Hot x 1
  4. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Just don't gripe and moan when all your neighbors hate you for your awful dog.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  5. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

That is a valid point. most of the recent GOP leaders have run away scared at the first hint of the media pile on. They've allowed the left and the media to dictate the conversation and allowed themselves and their supporters to be labeled XXXX-phobic (insert favored left cause). Trump pushes back against that and that's a great thing...BUT he also fights with everyone else...all the dang time. He will never accomplish crap if he doesn't have allies. He has shown over and over again that he has zero loyalty to anyone around him that doesn't bow down at the altar of Trump. He has pissed off and pissed on just about every other GOP'er that could have helped him pass legislation.

what is it they like to say on the football board....focusness. He has none.

The man that has 100 priorities actually has zero priorities. That is this guy. He needs to pick 3-4 things and drive it home.

6. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I hope the mailman "accidentally" sues you for damages.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Apparently, it's a thing too
    Urban Dictionary: x-phobia

8. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Really? Being an ******* is often confused with being tough. There's evidence on this board of that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yep. That's the hole in their argument. They think you have to act like a jerk to have a spine. It's not true, but to some, they have to go together.

10. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Some of you clearly dont value keeping bad guys away from your houses as much as I do.

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Word is Jon Kyl may resign soon
    Maybe McSally, not sure who else they got

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The McCain family is out there talking smack about McSally.
    I am not sure why, she has always been closer to John McCain than Trump.

13. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

If she is against war, I can see why the McCain family wouldn't like her.

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Maybe this is why she conceded so gracefully.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Is there anything that unites Dem voters more than their hate of white men?

And what will Amy Rainbow Flag do about Beato?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Since she should be sworn in first, McSally will be the first senator senior to the woman she just lost to

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  19. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I'm bored with critiquing progressives on their politics, so I just want to take a moment to point out how breathtakingly bad this woman's writing is. (I only point it out because she seems to be TRYING to write in coherent sentences.)

"Unless you slept thru midterms, women were our most successful candidate."

But if you DID sleep through midterms, then they weren't? And how did they manage to get all the women to run collectively? I guess that's the end result of intersectionality - all the women ran collectively as one.

"White male is not where our party is at, and is our LEAST safe option in 2020."

So they're a little safe? That's just a weird way to say it. Not to mention the brutality of the rest of that sentence... Ugh. No one can write anymore. It's depressing. Oh, and the other whiny stuff, too.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Writing has gone down the toilet in the last 20 years. People are very sloppy at grammar, word choice and usage, and of course, their punctuation is terrible, especially when it comes to commas. People don't know what a comma is anymore. I've noticed that even from professional writers whose work has supposedly been proofread and edited. I also notice that more professional writers use foul language and slang more often than they used to. We're getting dumber.

And yes, the whiny stuff is also stupid. It's incredible. Some on the Left are becoming exactly what they accuse everybody of being - racists and sexists. This idiot would vote against Beta because of his race and his sex. That's pretty much textbook racism and sexism.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Speaking of new taxes, Calif attempted to impose a 7% tax on texting.
    FCC stopped them

If you drive a car, car, I'll tax the street
    If you try to sit, sit, I'll tax your seat
    If you get too cold, cold, I'll tax the heat
    If you take a walk, walk, I'll tax your feet
    -- Beatles "Taxman"

California won't tax your text messages after all

23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It's a stupid idea to try to tax text messages, but unless the text messages are interstate, I don't see why the feds have authority to stop the tax. States have a right to do stupid things.

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I imagine some parent of a teenager opening that first bill with the text-tax ....

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

Can we tax bad grammar in texts?

• Like Like x 1
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I think you may have just qualified yourself for Party Chair

Was that the goal?
    If so, congrats!

27. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

...and California certainly leads the nation in that category.

28. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Deez, I see three comma mistakes in your critique of comma mistakes. So there.

• Funny Funny x 2
  29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Lol. I'm sure I've made some. I'm not perfect with grammar by any means, but I think I and most people here are better than a lot of supposedly professional writers. I think our errors are less frequent and less obvious. Furthermore, it's one thing to make a grammatical error when you're using a mobile phone waiting for a stoplight with a very talkative 4-year-old boy jabbering in the car as I do or on the toilet (as Garmel obviously does). It's another thing to make one when you're whole profession is writing and when an editor is reviewing it.

Also, supposed professionals are actually advocating dumbing down the language on purpose with idiotic ideas like eliminating the Oxford comma. All that does is create ambiguity in writing, which undermines the whole purpose of writing, which is to communicate facts and narratives with as little ambiguity as possible.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I remember my teachers accepting (and teaching) the Oxford comma as optional even back in my school days during the 70s. I have always preferred to use it.

• Agree Agree x 1