2018 Transfer Season

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by DFW_Horn, Mar 7, 2018.

1. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

She originally committed to UCLA. Wonder if that's where she wants to go?

2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Big time loss for Baylor.

3. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Wow, absolutely huge loss for Baylor. She was going to be their starting PG for 3 more years. And she was also their best perimeter shooter. The transfer from LSU will probably be the stater. Brown, Cox, and that loaded front court will be even more of the focal point.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  4. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

UCLA just got commitments from PG Jaden Owens and the other PG from California so it will be very interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

A shocker. I guess Honesty Scott-Grayson is up next.

6. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Now, the other shoe drops.
    "You're fired! No I'm not, I quit!"

• Like Like x 5
  7. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Unfortunately I think we will continue to see more of this from schools. Perception ends up being reality. And I continue to think about last year when Mulkey took shots at our freshmen.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  8. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

On the other hand...... Maybe Morris did indeed do something "bad" and was booted because Mulkey is an above-board coach (cough, cough, cough).

Remember we had Joiner do "something bad" and we didn't boot her, we just made her sit out one semester. Oh well, 18-19 year olds away by themselves for the first time from home.

9. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Individually, the timing sucks for her. I know there are new transfer rules, but she still won't be eligible until the end of the 2019 Fall semester.
    Had she transferred before the semester started, she'd be able to play at the beginning of the 2019 season next November.

• Like Like x 1
  11. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

What if......she transfers to a school on the quarter system? i.e. Stanford or some other Pac-12 school?

12. Austin Bear

Austin Bear < 25 Posts

There's a lot more to the story, starting with domestic violence, jail time, family issues, etc. Baylor really can't leave any room these days for any kind of assault issues, don't you think?
    I hope she can grow through all of it and salvage a potentially brilliant career.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Wonder where Lexi will transfer to?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Not surprised at all the Lexi Gordon is transferring. Not that she isn't talented, but she was part of class with similar position players like Megan Walker, and then Christyn Williams the following recruiting class.

Didn't her Mom post on here that she was very happy at UConn and would not be transferring?

My best guess is she returns to a school in Texas. We were one of the four she narrowed her list to with Baylor, TCU, and UConn. Whoever gets her could also get younger sister Myra for 2020. We have room for both . . .

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  15. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  16. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Not a huge thing, but adding Lexi Gordon would also help balance out the 2017 class where only Destiny remains; she'd be eligible next December after finals.

• Like Like x 4
  17. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Yep, kinda of surprising she did not transfer after her first year.

She played in just four games, averaging 2.5 mpg. After averaging 3.9 mpg in her first season, guess she decided it was time to go and by going after playing in just four games, she can count this as a RS year, iirc. Same as Chasity did by leaving earlier.

18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

No. This doesn't work like football. If you play in one game, you can no longer count that season as a redshirt; some say she has a hamstring issue, so perhaps that could qualify her for a medical redshirt.

Regardless, she'd be eligible to play late December 2019. That's pretty good for those who transfer after the Fall semester.

• Like Like x 1
  19. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

Do y’all think the three remaining schools from her top-4, out of high school, have a shot at signing her? How do Texas’ needs for a player like her compare to the needs for the other two schools: TCU and Baylor?

Losing a player in mid-season is tons more fun when it’s not the home team!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Lexi’s a good player but she needs to go to a program with a coach that can help get her open for shots. I just don’t think Karen is that kind of Coach TCU would be the obvious choice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Lovethegame

Lovethegame < 25 Posts

I will not speculate where she should or could go but it was apparent Lexi left because she could not earn pt. She could not earn it ahead of Irwin or batouly or Coombs. What schools need a player like her. Need not want to store her on bench. Texas i don’t imagine she could ever earn the time she would want. If it’s about pt which it seems to be there’s a lot of teams outside the top 25 that won’t Have the threat of a top player transferring in. I hope she chooses wisely.

Has anyone heard more about Patterson? What direction she looking. Kentucky?

• poop poop x 1
  22. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Isn’t Batouly a PF and Croombs a guard? Lexi’s a SF so she most likely was behind Megan Walker. Although I do agree that she would get more playing time at a lower D1 school.

23. Lovethegame

Lovethegame < 25 Posts

My point exactly those
    Kids backed up much better players Samuelson Collier Dangerfield amd they entered games before she would. Walker is prob weakest starter. Seemed Geno was sending a message giving her 3-4 min in blow outs. Wish her the Best Buy with the rate of transfer and all the moving pieces it’s really hard to say what’s a great fit.

24. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Do the kids who left their schools in the fall season (Patterson, Gordon) have to commit to another school before the January semester starts?

25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

If they want to be on scholarship, then they need to sign their ASA agreement and be enrolled in classes by the January 2019 semester deadline.

• Like Like x 3
  26. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Do you even read what you post and how crude that is? Lots of players who didn't play a lot at their original school end up transferring to a different school and turn things around. Are you familiar with Jatarie White's situation at South Carolina before she transferred to Texas, and has been hugely successful?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  27. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Yeah... We've witnessed THAT act ourselves with a highly regarded recruit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  28. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

I'm all for student athletes, who are not getting paid, to be able to change schools if it's not good for them. With this latest transfer from UConn, this is an interesting perspective:

• Agree Agree x 3
  29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Was hoping we'd be in the mix for Lexi Gordon for several reasons:

30. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

Just wondering if there's any update on Lexi? I doubt she comes to TX. I thought she was a lock for TCU since her parents attended there but it appears she's weighing her options. Good for her.

• Agree Agree x 1