2018 WNBA: April 12

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Karen

Karen 25+ Posts

Debbie Black of the Miami Sol was shortest player in the league back then: 5'3". She always said her advantage was that she was closer to the floor. She was great at drawinf charges and spent as much time on the ground as Ariel. She was also an assist leader and the heart of the team. The Sol were one of the weaker teams and won a lot of the games at the line.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Ariel at the Mystics’ media day.

• Like Like x 4
  3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  4. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Always liked Kevin Garnett even though he never played on a team I liked.

"Female ballers don't get disrespected by NBA players," says (Candace) Parker. "They understand the time, effort and skill set to perfect the pull-up jump shot. You don't have to do a windmill [dunk] to perfect a midrange game or to shoot the three or to be able to handle. It's usually dudes that don't play basketball that disrespect the WNBA."

Full article:
    http://www.espn.com/espnw/culture/a...ces-women-athletes?addata=espnw:womenbb:index

• Like Like x 2
  5. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

With Poindexter going 6-18 and Ortiz 0-3.......I suggest the coach play McCarty (2-3 )!

• Like Like x 5
  6. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  7. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

from the article:
    For some reason, I think Ariel will be able to answer positively the questions put forward in the article.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Congrats to Ariel on making the Mystics! :hookem2:You need to check out the Mystics' tweeter page for this tweet. I really like the rotating individual pictures of the players.
    Screenshot (125).png

• Like Like x 1
  9. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Congrats to Imani for making the Atlanta Dream team. :hookem2:
    Screenshot (126).png

• Like Like x 1
  10. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Doesn't look like Carla Cortijo made it back to the WNBA after suffering an ACL injury to her right knee in late 2016 or early 2017. She was the first player from Puerto Rico to be in the WNBA.

11. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

If you get the NBA Channel (632/1632 on Uverse), the Dallas-Phoenix game will be broadcast at 9:00 tonight and the Chicago-Indiana tomorrow at 12:00, Ariel and the Mystics Sunday at 12:00 followed by Imani and the Dream immediately after at 2:00.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Never knew that Brooke was playing both in the Big 12 and SEC. :lmao:She did well in both leagues.
    Screenshot (127).png

• Like Like x 1
  13. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Mystics (Ariel's team) to play this Sunday (05/20/18) at 1 PM EST on NBATV vs Indiana.

• Like Like x 2
  14. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  15. LutherIsMyDog

• Like Like x 3
  16. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Based on what I saw in the Atlanta-Dallas game, unless something drastic happens, I don’t see Imani ending the season with Atlanta. She was the 3rd center off the bench after starter Elizabeth Williams and backup PF Damiris Dantas (who doesn’t necessarily set the world on fire at her natural position).

17. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

I kinda feel bad for Imani. She started out in Chicago with Pokey Chatman, who drafted her and gave her plenty of playing time in her rookie season. Then the Sky had a coaching change, and something went wrong between Amber Stocks' coaching style and Imani. She got traded to the Dream when Michael Cooper was the coach, now she has another new coach.

Just feel bad for her, and having to adjust to so many different coaches and their styles.

• Like Like x 2
  18. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

I didn't see the Atlanta game but the stat line was a little curious. Imani only played 7 mins and took just one shot, which she missed. She also had 1 rb, 1 ast and a steal. Williams played 25 mins and was 1-10 from the field, with 5 fouls, and Dantas plays 15 mins and takes one shot, a miss. So the posts are a combined 1-12 from the field. You'd think Imani would have played more mins, but then you see the 3 fouls and 2 TO's in those 7 mins and perhaps her limited play is a bit more understandable. But overall not a very impressive outing for the Dream bigs.

• Like Like x 3
  19. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Cambrage had something to do with Dream’s centers woes. She had a good all-around game and at 6’-8” effects all things inside. She was an all-star before she went back to Australia and is only 26.

• Like Like x 2
  20. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Ariel and the Mystics are getting ready to start against the Las Vegas Aces on WNBA League Pass.

• Like Like x 1
  21. LutherIsMyDog

• Like Like x 4
  22. LutherIsMyDog

Woo-hoo Ariel!

• Like Like x 4
  23. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Ariel just went OFF the last part of the 3rd and the whole 4th quarter. It was fun to watch!!!

• Like Like x 4
  24. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  25. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Other than one really ill-timed foul (hey, it’s Ariel), she was nails in the second half. Thibeaux left her on the court in a close game throughout the 4th. Mystics had to win this game - Aces are playing without Jefferson, McBride and Plum so it would have been a terrible loss.

• Like Like x 3
  26. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

They've posted a video of just Ariel's highlights on the Mystics site. Shows all of her baskets!

• Like Like x 5
  27. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Really nice words about Ariel in the game writeup:
    http://mystics.wnba.com/news/four-quarters-mystics-move-to-2-0-with-narrow-win-over-vegas/

• Like Like x 3
  28. LutherIsMyDog

• Like Like x 4
  29. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Good for Ariel. She’s going to be a very good player in the WNBA for a long time. I’m pretty sure she’s happy with the spacing that she has in the WNBA because of the longer 3pt line and also the defensive rules. It also helps that she doesn’t have to worry about school which allows her time to work on her game even more.

• Like Like x 7
  30. LutherIsMyDog

Ariel's highlights

• Like Like x 3