2018 WNBA: April 12

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Apr 3, 2018.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

RunPincher, kinda curious who CW is?

2. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

Craig Way

• Like Like x 1
  3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Thanks, TXSNOS.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  5. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

looks like we will miss the first half of game four between Washington and Atlanta as the FB game is just starting the fourth quarter.

Unless you have the app, great way to promote the app, ignore all those extra free channels. :brickwall:

6. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

EDD starting. Ariel leading the way with 4 pts midway through the first.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

I'm a college football fan but I can't believe the WNBA playoffs get bumped to show the Prairie View vs NC Central football game. I suppose it's just a reality check of the popularity of college football vs WNBA. Still.....:mad:

• Like Like x 1
  8. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

The FB game is running late for whatever reason, probably weather delay. Still, ESPN has multiple channels they could use to show the WNBA game as they have done before. Not push their for pay app.

• Like Like x 2
  9. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Mystics up 20-12 at the end of one. Ariel and Tolliver with six pts each.

• Like Like x 2
  10. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

30-21 Washington with six minutes left in quarter two. Tolliver having a nice scoring day so far, leading the Mystics with 8 pts.

Only 2 and a half minutes of game time left in the FB game. Maybe 10-15 minutes actual time before we switch to the Mystics-Dream game, probably after 3-5 minutes of ads.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

al, they cut away early from the FB game!

• Like Like x 1
  12. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

okay, going to watch the game!

13. cactus47

cactus47 25+ Posts

The ESPN app that this game started on is the free app that is on the Roku/Chromecast/Apple TV platform, not the ESPN+ app. I was able to use my Roku and see from the start.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

They didn't exactly make that distinction, not that it would have done me any good, since I don't have any of those that I am aware of.

Great game by Washington. I really think the Mystics would have swept Atlanta if EDD had not gotten hurt. We will see what she is able to do in game five but she had a awesome game today: 15 pts, 10 rebs, 3 assists.

Ariel had a very good game as well, other than getting into foul trouble early in quarter three: 19 pts, 4 rebs, two assists and one steal with only one TO.

All the Washington starters played exceptionally well. What a difference having EDD on the court, even though not at full strength, does for the Mystics.
    Atlanta vs. Washington - Box Score - September 2, 2018 - ESPN

• Like Like x 1
  15. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

16. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Phoenix comes back from 16 down to force Game 5 in that series as well. Sue Bird broke her nose (not the first time) when she ran into Brianna Stewart’s elbow in the 2nd quarter. This was Taurasi’s take on her good friend’s injury:

I hope DT goes into broadcasting after she hangs it up.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Ariel on her performance in Game 4:

• Like Like x 3
  18. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Not sure they would let her talk like that but she sounds like she would be hoot to listen to and she certainly knows the game.

19. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Love the tee shirt Ariel is wearing in that interview!

• Like Like x 2
  20. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

That would probably be her biggest hurdle - she is notorious for her language.

21. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Fan-sided article on Ariel and the comparison to Tamika Catchings.

Ariel Atkins is hungry

Catchings’ response:

• Like Like x 6
  22. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Great find, DFW_Horn!

Ariel was amazing at Texas and underappreciated by voters of AA teams while here. Glad she is doing so well in the WBNA.

And still helping out Texas by being a great representative. :hookem2:

• Like Like x 5
  23. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Absolutely. And it really annoys me when I go over to other team sites like the boneyard and some of the posters try to criticize Coach Aston as if Ariel came from out of nowhere and didn’t have a great career at Texas. I don’t care how great a player is, they’re not going to shoot 53% from the field and 42% from three as a perimeter player their senior year with an incompetent Coach.

She was also first on the team in steals, second in assists and blocked shots, and third in rebounding. Her success isn’t a surprise to me or many other Texas WBB fans when you go back and look at our post in the WNBA thread. And it also isn’t a surprise to her coaches and teammates at Texas that saw her everyday in practice and in games.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  24. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

pretty exciting BB!

• Like Like x 2
  25. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  26. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

Ariel was sooooooooo great tonight!!!

• Like Like x 6
  27. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Mystics win! 86-81! Ariel's handprints were all over this win for Washington! I feel sorry of Imani but very excited for Ariel.

She got plenty of kudos from the announcers all game long.

Ariel led all players with 20 pts on 6-14 shooting (0-3 from BTA), 8-8 from the FT line, seven rebs and three assists! Awesome line!
    Washington vs. Atlanta - Box Score - September 4, 2018 - ESPN

• Like Like x 4
  28. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I like Ariel but not this much! :smile1:

• Like Like x 4
  29. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Pulling for Seattle in this one.

30. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Is anyone as brave as me to say that the Mystics don't make it to the finals without Ariel??? I'm not just talking about tonight, but the whole series with Atlanta. She was on fire!

• Like Like x 8