2019 Big 12 Tournament

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

For the record, it was one personal message. Can't believe you have problems counting. And, I have no regrets in sending you that personal message last night, because all you do is "poop" on my "opinions". So, I own it; and, I meant it.

Glad that finally pushed you to post on this board and actually make some effort in contributing other than just taking the easy way out and hitting the "poop" emoji.

• poop poop x 3
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  2. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

You do realize this is a fan forum/message board, correct? Perhaps you've lost sight of the fact it's a place where people come to share opinions and perspectives? This isn't a news site. Most people don't come here for objective reporting. At times it seems you think you're the Forum Police and only your opinion counts - you're not.

I'm not a fan of the personal attacks, but I'm also not a fan of a few people trying to control what others think, believe, and see on the court. Blind loyalty is fine. That's one way to be a fan. You can also be a fan and criticize what you see and believe things can and should be better. By the way, you can also support a coach but also recognize their deficiencies.

As for having time to post, you seem to have plenty of time to analyze how many times a person posts, the tone of their posts, and of course, whether their posts are worthy of being published.

As for your question - do I believe my "complaints on here and demands for excellence are gonna change anything?" Not any more than I believe your opinions (or anyone's opinions on this board) are going to change things. Is that the point of this forum? I don't come here expecting to have a direct line to the athletic director or any coach. I'm betting they're too busy to give darn what is posted here. That's my hope, anyhow.

I am, however, entertained and sometimes enlightened by the opinions shared here. And I'm interested in reading posts by people who believe only their opinion matters, only positive posts are relevant, and they're the self-anointed Forum Police. The human psychology fascinates me - so thanks for the entertainment.

Oh, and Hook 'em. Yes, even entitled fans are still fans.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

If you must know, I was actually approached about becoming a board Moderator for the women's forum. Perhaps it's time I accepted that appointment.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  4. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Unbelievable @Bobcat that folks are so petty about the use of icons, that they would verbally attack someone via private message. I thought that's what the icons were for, to agree or disagree without all this exchange of unpleasantries.

However some people are so convinced theirs are the only opinions that matter, they feel the need to attack others' in defense of their own. This forum SHOULD absolutely be where people can express their opinions about the games, the team, and the program without being retaliated against.

Some act as though they have a deep, personal, emotional investment... and their behavior is ridiculous. If you have expectations for the program and don't agree with the coaching, you're attacking the coaches and the players???? Really? If they don't agree with your observations/opinions then you're lying? SERIOUSLY??? If you choose to use the tools of this forum to express agreement or disagreement then you're a coward? HA!!!

Like you, I also would much rather sit down with them and talk face-to-face... so we could perhaps get a better understanding about one another. Keep doing you @Bobcat, as your opinions are welcome and appreciated... just as theirs are. Oh, and realize that arguing with them is like arguing with a group of (never mind)...

• Winner Winner x 2
    • poop poop x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  5. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

No wonder your opinions carry so much more weight than the rest of ours.
    Please keep us posted on your appointment and good luck! Keeping our fingers crossed :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • poop poop x 1
  6. leanderhorn

leanderhorn 25+ Posts

I invite anyone to look at my posts. As you might see, I have been unhappy with the excessive turnovers all year. I understand that sometimes the other team just makes a good play or sometimes a turnover can't be helped or sometimes it's a bad call. However, our margin for error in games is too small to successfully withstand 20-25 turnovers a game. It seems like there are 8-10 turnovers every game that are unforced

I am unhappy my posts upset you. That is not my intent. I thought the point of this board was to discuss the Lady Horns.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  7. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Not in the last 4 years that I have run the site you weren’t.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. UTSUgrad

UTSUgrad 250+ Posts

Hey - Please cool it with the back-and-forth sniping. I enjoy the comments and insights about strategy, coaching, recruiting ... Fan is derived from the word fanatic. so I assume we all are pretty intense with our support and enjoyment of women's basketball. I appreciate strong opinions, but maybe a couple of you should meet at the Jody statue and arm wrestle to settle things. I am disappointed that some of our star recruits have not turned into star players, that we lost a few we should have won this year, and by that total embarrassment at Baylor. But this weekend, the team played well, seemed to set up plays and was energized. I want a couple of wins in the NCAAs and a more coherent team next year. No love for the fighting Mulkeys, but that is a talented team that plays at a high level - would like to see them win it all - and would certainly like to beat them next year.:bevo:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I noticed a more engaged and passionate coach, and more intensity from the players. Those two things typically go hand-in-hand IMO. I hope it carries over into the NCAA's because, depending on parings, there are some projected #2 and #3 seeds that we have the talent to knock off.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • poop poop x 1
  10. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

So there’s this...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  11. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Tweet from Ray Caldwell, who runs SA Finest AAU teams in San Antonio:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  12. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Would have hit Agree but “would like to see them win it all” pushed it down to a Like. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I agree, no doubt that injury hurt us BIG TIME! I also have to agree with @Hornzupp though... in saying that we had the talent to recover and should have. Maybe we wouldn't have been quite the same, but the talent was there to bounce back and be better than we have been for most of the season. I'm sure hoping we play well in the big dance.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Back before this forum even existed, and many of us had to post in the men's forum (or the general forum) to discuss women's hoops, Jerry Scarbrough of True Orange Newsletter asked me in like 2002 or so to help get this board off the ground, and possibly be a moderator; he was very close to our coaching staff and they thought it would be good for the program to have a place solely to discuss women's hoops; believe they contacted Katie to create the new forum. Unfortunately, I was traveling so much for work and couldn't to commit that responsibility; plus, I had no experience in that area. So, I didn't feel I was qualified.

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

:lmao:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • poop poop x 2
  16. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

No doubt. By far the best defender on the team and one of the most athletic players in WBB that can create and get her own shot and also get into the lane at will. She would have been in contention to be a first team All American.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Like DFW Horn, I really loved UTSUfan's post, but can't go along with wanting Baylor to win it all. I don't know anything about the private messaging, but want to say that I have appreciated and agreed with most of Moooooo's posts for many years, both the great recruiting information and the basketball opinions.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

I wonder what the funny emoji responses are for? Y'all don't agree about LaShann's abilities?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Just the same two peas in a pod being themselves.

• poop poop x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

No, that wasn't it at all. I liked your post and even agreed with you. I appreciate your insight and opinions, and you always seem to be very polite.

21. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Awwwwww....:tap:

• poop poop x 1
  22. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Oh, okay. I have several on Ignore, so sometimes I don't know who the emoji's are from or who y'all reply to. I just go with the flow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  23. UTSUgrad

UTSUgrad 250+ Posts

So who should to cheer for? (Every poster here probably has a different fave!) Have to admire the skills and teamwork of BU, but if not the B12, I'd like to see someone new - Oregon? Iowa? Tired of the usual programs - SEC (sorry, Vic and Dawn), UConn, Stanford and ND. I hope TCU gets in rather than Tenn with its loss to Vanderbilt. Mulkey said in post-game interview that she didn't think people knew what Baylor had done, referencing 10+ years of B12 titles. (Well, BU was expected to win multiple national titles with Britney Griner, but only got one?) Guess that's her competitive streak. Maybe she'll win one more and retire to spend time with her grandkid/s. :hookem: :yes:

• Like Like x 3
  24. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

Glad to see a positive post!! (You still may want to read your posts for spelling errors, sorry I noticed) Thanks!!

• Like Like x 1
  25. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

ALL GOOD!! She’ll be back next year and will get that award!! :trophy:

• Like Like x 1
  26. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

When I see something that (in my opinion) is a positive change, it would be lacking personal integrity for me not to say so. Thanks for the heads up... typos happen often with me. Sometimes I catch them and other times I don't. :facepalm:
    #pairings!
    :hookem2:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  27. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Well that's for sure....

While all of that technically true, it doesn't seem particularly applicable to this situation to only call loyalty blind, nor to distinguish it from believing in the possibility of improvement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

You had me until the win it all part.

• Like Like x 1
  29. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I do believe Jamie is doing that job or something like that. From her bio:
    While I still haven't given up on Texas winning and won't until/if they lose, having a team from the Big 12 win the national title is the next best thing. Baylor may be the favorite but ISU also has potential. I will root for Texas foremost, the Big 12 next and keep rooting for any Big 12 team that keeps advancing (unless they run into Texas).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  30. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

And some good news! Congrats, Sug! :hookem3:

• Like Like x 6