2019 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Apparently the FootworkKing attended the aggy in-home with Shepherd last night.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I like the idea of a QB who doesn’t need a play-caller, just a play-suggester.

OC: Hey Roschon, may I suggest a zone read here, or possibly play action and hit the WR on a deep post route

RJ: Noted

3. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Big shock.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Now we're hearing that Thompson has not made the decision to say... or leave. It could still happen.

5. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Sam Saxton, 3-star 2019 PWO QB

6’ 5’’ from Westlake — that's a tall kid

Jimmy Saxton’s grandson, per Reddit

• Like Like x 5
  6. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Oops, I blew it. Announcement is Friday. Craig Naivar just visited Catalon's school and then did an in home visit last night. He's supposedly torn between UT and piggies.

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The FWK also seems to be in charge of 2020 five-star WR Demond Demas who is also pointed directly at aggy. I wonder if there will be any repercussions for him?

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We need another QB, so this is good. Alot of people who have watched him play saying good things about him.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. horn_fan_cpa

horn_fan_cpa 100+ Posts

Had offers from pretty much all the Ivy League and a lot of Group of 5 programs.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Some move-in fotos for the EEs

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

A snippet from Orangebloods on Caleb Johnson about negative recruiting--

" .... Once Johnson committed to Texas, he said he never had a shred of doubt. The Longhorns were always the team to beat, and Johnson said some other coaches used negative tactics to try to knock Texas down his list.

“Pretty much every other coach tried to talk me out of it, tried to pretty much talk bad on coach Herman and stuff,” Tucker said. “I felt like most of the real coaches, like coach (Mel) Tucker at Colorado, he said I’m not going to say anything negative about a school like Texas. Pretty much anyone who would do that, I just stayed away from them and shut them out.”

For the record, Johnson took official visits to Arkansas, Colorado and Oregon late in the process. Did I mention he visited Arkansas?..."

• Like Like x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Texas to tOSU (Card to Wilson)

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

kind of has a Reggie Bush look, on the eye test--is that okay to say?

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Jalen Catalon to Piglet

• poop poop x 3
  16. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

DB is the one area I am not worried about. There and WR are so stacked we will be fine going into next season.

Oline is my biggest worry. I'm hoping we take a big oline class next year 5 or 6 guys to really fill the tank moving forward. To round out this class I'd like one more high school guy and one or two transfers.

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I think we have as good of a safety depth chart as any school in the country. But I think we could use a few more man-cover, border CBs. Hopefully we have two great ones in Green and Cook, but we wont really know for sure until the bullets start to fly next season.

As I mentioned in the 2020 thread, I think we are finally going to see OL depth-and-talent turn in our favor in the 2020 class. It's not done yet obviously but, as of this moment, the Hand-Herman combo is looking like a good one for the OL going forward. But I agree with you, it seems like its been forever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

Awesome Joe!
    Is the first one De’Gabriel “you talkin to me?”
    That old saying, he’s all out of bubble gum...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Looks like he is bringing the tp there.
    Another thing I noticed is the good size of Wiley. Huge hands too which you would think would be of help to a TE.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This will tighten a few sphincters

• Like Like x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  21. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Probably not as they are very confident that Shepard will sign with them which will push them far enough ahead so Texas cannot catch them no matter who Texas pulls out of their hat. Question for aggy is where will Shepard finish his college career?

The bad news is ou is still proving their "safe" North Texas recruiting is stronger than Texas' out-of-state efforts. Completely understand Herman's need to go out of state, but whatever is the issue with North Texas is he has to address it. Splitting with ou and losing to the Maryland's, OSU's and WVa's of the world isn't going to cut it over the long run.

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

His composite number is 0.8958 so maybe not by this method (avg player rating)

23. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Agree totally. I'm sick and tired of seeing HS players from the Metroplex head across the Red River to Zero U. There are plenty of very talented HS players in the DFW area and the smaller cities in North Texas, and THE University of Texas should be getting first choice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

Are we in on any other players? The lack of news on my end is startling....

25. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

There hasn't really been any shushes either to make us wonder.

26. LonghornDave

Is that bad or good. Surely there are others that will sign....

27. LonghornDave

It seems that way w other teams too. just wondering what the new landscape might be...

28. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I kept trying to post their team rankings formula on here but it would never work...

1 in a large class, the last committed matter least {because of the total
    2 it's a top heavy formula so the top few rated players matter more.

29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Same thing happened last year and then the staff filled up on HS and juco players to fill needs.

30. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

That is called an entitlement, and there is no room for entitlement at any level including the fans.

It's up to our coaches to win over the top level recruits and their coaches in the metroplex. Texas isn't entitled to the first choice because they are The University of Texas, they have to work hard to prove to the top choice athletes that The University is the best place for them.