2019 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  2. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

4-star OL Branson Bragg of Crandall will be on campus the weekend of the Texas Relays, with his family. He is the #2 C prospect nationally in the 247 Comp.

Nahlin thinks Stanford leads.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

4-star, #16 in state overall

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Maybe you remember Cayleb Jones and his brother Zay Jones? From Austin High. Cayleb was part of Mack Brown's #3 ranked 2012 class and later transferred out after getting into a fight over a basketball girl. Except for one or two guys, that 2012 class was a disaster for us.

6. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Red Rum.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  8. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I hate seeing this. Normally the first break of schizophrenia or significant manic episode for the classic bi-polar disorder.

19-25 tear olds who end up out of control and publicly naked are often at the beginning of a very hard road... When you hope someone is out of their minds on drugs for real.

9. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

Thanks for the information. I always wondered how these people end up in these naked episodes. Now it makes sense. I hope the young man gets help.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Horns R Back

Horns R Back 250+ Posts

Crystal balls don’t look good for us but my guts says it’s close. You hearing anything that might have Shepherd leaning our way?

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Yeah. We were in his top 5. But nothing good since his visit to Austin about 3 weeks ago.

12. Horns R Back

Horns R Back 250+ Posts

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This from the aggy side --

Ryan Brauninger 9:48p Staff
    Hate to add to a rough night, but Looch and I have both received word that North Forest OL Javonne Shepherd is now a dead heat between (aggy) and Texas with the momentum trending toward Austin.

The Longhorns have made a furious push, and it sounds like Shepherd hasn't been as responsive as he typically had to (aggy). He also tweeted earlier today that a decision was coming soon.

(aggy) is still working to get him back on campus and to the spring game

My edits are signalled by the parentheticals

• Like Like x 2
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Possibly a red flag on this one
    We will see what happens

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

St John Bosco LB Spencer Lytle (Calif) will be back at Texas Friday for day 2 of his two day trip before heading to aggy

• Like Like x 3
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This would be a great haul of OLs

• Like Like x 5
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

EJ Holland echoes/copies aggy on OL Javonne Shepherd

".... this is a much closer race than people are making it out to be. Texas made a huge impression on Shepherd on his recent visit, and his relationship with Hand is growing stronger by the day. I think this is 50-50 between (aggy) and Texas. And I do think the Longhorns can win out hence my CB change to foggy. I'm also hearing he will release his finalists very soon."

• Like Like x 3
  19. Horns R Back

Horns R Back 250+ Posts

That would be a spectacular haul of big guys right there.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Omniscient.one

Omniscient.one 500+ Posts

That’s the building block of a contender

• Like Like x 2
  21. Horns R Back

Horns R Back 250+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  22. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Crystal clear. Nice :hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  23. Horns R Back

Horns R Back 250+ Posts

Andrew Ellis says we gettting errrbody!

• Like Like x 4
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

heh

• Like Like x 2
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

26. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

BB took notice with that response! #fUTure19

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

28. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

For some reason when people say that lately I always feel as though UT is the "heart". <Jordan Whittington and a couple others had made similar comments in '18 and '19 cycles>
    When we start winning more consistently (and sending more players to the NFL), both their brains and hearts will say the same thing.
    -edit- And I do believe we are already seeing an uptick on getting players recognized and placing players in the proz.

• Like Like x 2
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Some snippets from Holland on the OL recruiting --

Kenyon Green ....."Texas blew Green away on his recent visit, and Herb Hand is doing a ton of work here — Bryan Carrington is also heavily involved. (aggy) is still the perceived leader, but Texas can definitely turn the tide in its favor with another strong spring visit."

Javonne Shepherd .... "Longhorns gaining momentum.... Like with Green, Hand and Carrington are doing a terrific job in this recruitment. We expect Shepherd to release his finalists soon."

Branson Bragg .... "Texas and Stanford are making a huge impression. While Texas is pegged as the favorite, his interest in Stanford is very real — he loves the academics and the West Coast vibe..."

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts