2019 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, Jun 8, 2017.

1. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

I'll keep my snide comment to myself. Shirley he's not eligible this year?

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  4. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I was thinking more along the lines of asking who on this board took him to Boystown on his visit.

Doctors saying, "it's under control"; "long recovery period"

6. Hideo Gump Jr.

Hideo Gump Jr. Summer Soldier and Sunshine Patriot

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Are you Effing' with me?

Just posted him up as an example of Ruhle's bird-dogging of Herman.

Check his commitment video. Apparently he is in the Baylor washroom surrounded by all this dark green tile. Just so pathetic a setting.

Update: He is listed in the 247 Transfer Portal. Does Herman go after him? I say no because the QB room is full. He is not that different from the more highly rated JaQuinden, but Jackson is a little further along in his development.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  9. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

He wants out? Holgerson or Sonny Dykes are his best options

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

I thought we weren't recruiting him as a QB and that's why he chose BU.

11. BurntOrangeLH

No, we were the first school to let him try it at QB. I wonder where he will land. He is not without talent and could develop into a good QB if time and environment permits.

12. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

No way we bring in another QB, unless his name is Trevor Lawrence. We have all we need committed and playing for us. Besides, I'm sure he is already in Norman looking for an apartment. Isn't that where all QB transfers end up?

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. BurntOrangeLH

I think the competition is a little too stiff there for a QB.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Interesting tidbit/follow up from a poster on another board -- all water under the bridge - I guess

Noah Cain was a composite high 4-star (#6 RB overall). We were after both he and his IMG roommate Trey Sanders, putting all our eggs into that basket and thereby conspicuously choosing not to pursue several other high profile RBs we might have had a shot at. But then we didnt close the deal. We ended up with only one true RB that class -- Derrian Brown. And then subsequently we had to convert slot-WR/ATH Jordan Whittington and QB Roshon Johnson into RBs

"On (RB Noah) Cain, I’ve never passed this on because of all the noise about his recruitment, but f*ck it. He calls the morning of signing day and he thinks he’s ready to sign with Texas. Herman gets into a semantics argument with him about the word “thinks” and what it implies about commitment. Cain goes to school and signs with Penn State. Texas is shocked and cues up the podium story."

Somebody else has also claimed that the way the Herman-Cain phone call went was that Herman told him if he couldnt decide between Texas and Penn St then he should just go to Penn St

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  15. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Damn

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

That sounds like some Herman :e-poo:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Why? One of the few things I agree with Herman about. The kid abandoned his team to go to that "wanna be" team. He played games with schools all during his recruitment - not as bad as Ron Morris, but similar.

"Do you or don't you? I need an answer in thirty seconds." Fish or cut bait. Not a kid I'd want in my foxhole.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

The truth is probably somewhere close. If you feel you are getting played, or have to beg on signing day
    Agree 1,000%
    This is the culture talk right here. What about the other 84 kids on scholarship?
    Commit or move on.
    If you hope to win temporarily, and hope you get good talent, you pander on signing day.
    It would be different if Cain said coach I love everything, but I’m hesitant about xyz. Sounds like Cain gave the verbal and Penn St kept after him. I’ve heard it before TH says don’t commit if you don’t mean it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

At least he's not to Mack Brown ultimatums yet

• Like Like x 2
  20. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Like Herman abandoning Houston during bowl prep to come to Texas? Welcome to the world of recruiting and coaching. How did that work out for us by the way, we had to move a qb to rb that’s how. Giving guys with 15-20 different options an ultimatum on something that’s their life choice to make is a big no no. Now look at him coaching for his job and having to revamp his entire staff heading into year 4.

21. BurntOrangeLH

Good for Herman. Best avoid wishy-washy committments. Either the recruit buys in or does not.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. BurntOrangeLH

Yeah after three winning seasons! How the hell did that happen?

23. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I would agree with your post except if Herman's starts bowing & scraping to spoiled brats, the program is done. I would agree with your comment about the ultimatum, if he hadn't played us off other schools. Even the report as posted was, Cain "thinks" not he wants or is sure.

You must have loved the Mack Brown ultimatums with QBs when we were QB poor and he's telling kids a year ahead that "commit now or never" and "take any more visits and scratch Texas from your list".

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. BurntOrangeLH

Well coach Herman certainly doesn't have the quarterback commitment problem now, except for excess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Let’s not get to excited about that. We said the same thing not long ago and then we lost rising and Shane and almost Casey.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

BIG difference between saying don’t commit if you don’t mean it and saying pick right now us or them. If you feel uneasy about a guy move on don’t sink to his level. Seems like he has done so with Evans and cut ties.

27. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

On the eve of signing day, it's fish or cut bait

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  28. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

I think either a kid wants to tough it out at Texas or not. If they're waffling on their commitment, even if they commit they'll probably jump ship first time something isn't "perfect"....Rising?

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

This is just my opinion, but if a guy looks at a team struggling and decides he wants to decommit, then it's a blessing because when things get tough again, that person will always find a reason to quit. The fighter will always find a reason to keep fighting.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. BurntOrangeLH

You definitely want the tough and hungry junkyard dogs even when things are going well.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1