2019 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

More Shepherd -- Super K of TFB says he still feels good about Shepherd/Texas.
    He also thinks he may announce on his birthday in a couple of weeks.

• Like Like x 2
  2. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

the CBs sure are falling away

3. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

We survived losing Walker Little to the Trees, we can survive losing a guy like Bragg. Best of luck t him, would love to have him, but life goes on.

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Not very well

• Like Like x 2
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

On radio yesterday, Jeff Howe said our next commitment will make Orlando happy.

• Like Like x 3
  7. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Keep seeing the same names pop up....Ohio State, Alabama, Georgia, Texas, ...
    Not just in recruiting rankings, but just in general...these are some of the "hot" names in college football right now....along with the many teams with new, high-profile coaches.
    Texas stands out as a name that comes up constantly, but doesn't have the recent winning pedigree.
    I sure hope this continual grouping with those that do is telegraphing what comes next....

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  8. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

I
    Think he's "on to" aggie already.
    We'll see if they can recover...

9. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Survive? We don't die from losing a top recruit, but we had oline issues last year. I don't want to survive. I want to thrive.

• Like Like x 1
  10. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

On the O-line, I think we will have the numbers and the talent. The question, aside from injuries, is to what extent we can coach them up.

For whatever personality flaws he had, it seemed like Wickline was pretty effective. His successors, not so much. If Hand is as good as advertised, we should be fine this fall.

11. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Can we speculate on who that might be?:clap:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I can say who it is not. CB Marques Caldwell (Oregon commit) did not make it in for his scheduled OV to Austin.
    Holland says "This one is starting to take a weird turn."
    Usually not a good sign.
    When I first read that from Howe, Caldwell seemed one of the more likely possibles.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Speaking of the OL -- this is 2017 but OT related -- folks are now suggesting Angilou, one of our top OT prospects in the last class who decided not to take his mission now, is looking more OG than OT. I was thinking/hoping he was legit future LT material.

Hopefully, Anderson stays healthy all of 2018, which will allow for an easy transition to Cosmi from there forward. Looks OK on paper but we remain handicapped by puny depth. One injury and we are right back in the muck.

I was reading some national guys over the weekend and there was something of a consensus that one position has held us down these last several seasons -- the QB. There is some truth to that no doubt, but it's a superficial look by outsiders. LT has to be an extremely close second, if not the actual number one problem. And it has been rippling through to the rest of the OL for too many seasons.

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Always drama with aggy

• Like Like x 3
  16. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Its absolutely amazing the single minded narrow view of aggy. If they dont land a recruit its because they werent good enough anyway or we paid them......every single time.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

We had Oline issues last year because every bit of oline talent we had either quit, got injured or both. Little might have done a pretty good job in replace of Williams last year, but I highly doubt we get Calvin Anderson, for next season it's a wash.

I would have loved to get Walker Little, he is a impact player that will have 2 more years of college football and then he is off to the NFL. This in a perfect world, but last year even with him we struggle.

This coming year we got a guy for one year that should have just as much impact as Little would have had. We lose out on having a Walker Little for next season but we have other guys available that should be able to pick up right where Anderson leaves off. They won't be a Walker Little but they should be really good as a unit.

At Texas small successes lead to big scores on the recruiting front. Once Herman starts winning 10+ games a year getting guys like Walker Little will happen on a regular basis.

18. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

With this type of thinking, it's no wonder why so many aggys I know have drinking problems.

I figured out that the only reason the Aggies want to have a medical school is to finally figure out how to genetically engineer a left hand into a beer stein. they don't want to touch the right hand or there goes the love life.

• Like Like x 3
  19. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

Austin Bill, please clarify your comments that you highly doubt we get Calvin Anderson for next year!

20. horn_fan_cpa

horn_fan_cpa 100+ Posts

I believe he's saying if we had signed Walker Little, Calvin Anderson wouldn't have come here as we would have already had our LT.

21. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Or both of the above.

22. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

My point of view for why someone wouldn't play for them is this (to be fair; it's a fine university as far as academics go):

1) Aggy is not for everybody. They pride themselves on being different but are then puzzled when someone else is different. In fact, I'd argue it's more likely that THEY would have to pay someone to play for them because they are so different.
    2) They haven't won anything. Their last national championship in football was the year Germany attacked Poland.

• Like Like x 1
  23. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

Thank you regarding response on Anderson....! Sure need to keep Bragg!

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

poor aggy

[​IMG]

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Whoop(s)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Maybe Aggy is natural home for Brewster.

• Like Like x 1
  29. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

You know, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Maybe Brewster is just talking to 18 year old immature testosterone-laden boys who happen to be good at a violent sport. But at the same time, I really think he's a world class douche-bag. Am I wrong?

30. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

He will keep doing it until aggy is penalized.