2019 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, Jun 8, 2017.

1. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

Texas-committed Wiley went 8-of-16 for 242 yards with four TDs and the 6-6, 230-pound Wiley displayed his mobility when he made a Raiders defender miss on a well-blocked 42-yard scoring scamper

Temple beat Cedar Ridge 45-25.

I thought we were recruiting Wiley as a tight end but he is Temple's QB.

2. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

The problem with all these out of state recruits is when the losses start to pile up they are going to start looking around. Be prepared.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

4. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

The Dotted Line: Texas target Jalen Catalon injured, not focused on recruiting | Hookem.com

5. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I doubt anyone wants to actually click and read it so i will just leave it as the error it is. The visible title conveys the idea

7. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Comments from Leal. That's what happens when nothing but hot air is coming out of our program.

“Honestly, after what they said they were building, and all the hype everybody was giving them, they didn’t live up to all that hype,” he said. “Their first game, and it’s Maryland, and I understand they’ve lost to them like two or three years in a row, still, you can’t lose that game.”

He added, “Honestly, the only team that I haven’t fully closed on is Alabama. Texas is completely out of the picture.”

8. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

It disgusts me to read what he said... HEY TH, he ain't the only recruit thinking that.

9. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

... wait til Aggie October hits, starting nex5 Saturday !

• Like Like x 1
  10. Vol Horn 4 Life

How farked will we be if aggy figures out a way to beat Clemson?

• Like Like x 1
  11. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Looks like Clemson might be a tad overrated (like Miami and FSU), but aggy's remaining schedule has at least two losses built in (Alabama and LSU) and probably another in the Mississippi schools and Auburn games. They are fitting right in with the 3rd/4th place in the SEC West mold that they have always been in.

12. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Wow, look at us, now talking Aggy and two losses. Oh how the once mighty have fallen, and what's worse how are we ever going to be mighty again? Gonna be hard pill to swallow if your scenario comes true. That 3rd/4th position looks pretty good compared to what gloom and doom some soothsayers are predicting for us. :hookem:

13. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Maybe Herman has too much talent and can do more with less?

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

WR Elijah Higgins (Austin Bowie) will UOV to Texas for USC (Sept 15)

15. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

WARNING - Don't watch tonight's Trinity Christian v. Florida A&M High game tonight unless you enjoy an ESPN/aggy lick fest. In ESPN's eyes aggy has the number 1 recruiting class with no chance of losing that ranking because that is the way Jimbo rolls.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

TFB on Sanders

Trey Sanders High on Texas – Super K

Let me preface this by saying that I received this information while I was out in Georgia to see Texas running back target, Derrian Brown (I’ll have a write up on him, shortly). So, it was before the Maryland game.

But while I was there, I happened to speak with a source close to five-star running back, Trey Sanders (IMG Academy). As you know, Sanders visited Texas this past summer.

The source said, “Trey doesn’t like to talk about recruiting but I can tell you that Texas quietly leads for him. That’s very quiet. I’m not saying things can’t change but at this moment, Texas is, quietly, his leader”.

Why?

“He loved that visit”

Open Post | Weekend, September 7th - 9th - The Football Brainiacs - UT Edition

• Like Like x 1
  17. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Not possible if we don't win 10 games.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

That did not take long

2020 5-star WR

19. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Get used to in, this is 1984 all over again.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Vol Horn 4 Life

How long until sssshhhhhhh turns into keeping it quiet that we lost yet another recruit?

21. Vol Horn 4 Life

Watching ESPN for about two hours so far this morning Tom should be sending the Samford and Kentucky coaches hand written thank you notes. Basically ESPN is showing over and over the state of Florida is a fan led dumpster fire and not much of a mention of our game at all. With us only on LHN and not much coverage on ESPN maybe our recruits didn't see much other than a 7 point win.

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We are supposed to be taking 2 RBs this cycles. Brown looks good as of this moment, but even if he does commit, they say will will try and sign one more.

4-star Derrian Brown (Buford, GA) will OV for USC on Sept. 15.

5-star Trey Sanders says he still plans to OV to Texas at some point this fall (maybe Nov). He will be an EE. He is supposed to be in regular contact with Stan Drayton, but Bama and Gator as the favs.

4-star Noah Cain is also supposed to OV in Nov. He is also looking at ou, Auburn and PSU. He says he will sign early (Dec 21).

Winning games and not looking putrid while doing so will clearly help with all of them.

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

4-star WR from St. Louis

• Like Like x 1
  27. Vol Horn 4 Life

Heard this weekend is turning out to be a monster recruiting weekend. Crowd better show up large and in charge. Whoever will be there better take one for the team if we lose and come away hoarse regardless. Make it raucous!

• Like Like x 1
  28. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I'd settle for a weak crowd and a team that shows up.

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

LB De'Gabriel Floyd will be at Texas-USC for an UOV

+ alot of other guys. Seems like everyone we are recruiting from the West will be in. Stating the obvious, a good showing would not hurt. Are we capable?

• Like Like x 1
  30. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vegas thinks we are. Listening to local radio it seems USC has lots of issues so we'll see.