2019 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, Jun 8, 2017.

1. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

I know we have discussed this before, but what is the "why"?

2. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Beats me. Seems Texas has more love in Arizona and California than North Texas. Somewhere between DKR and Herman things went haywire. Can't say it is due to winning as aggy is part of the picture.

3. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Texas is facing some fierce competition in North Texas and Tom doesn't have the connections there that he had in Houston.

Want to do better in DFW, just WIN.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I expect it's a combination of factors. OU has been consistently successful … hell since coming out the depression … and it's a helluva lot easier drive from the Metroplex to Norman than it is to Austin. For out of state folks, sometimes talented kids in the North Dallas area are half a generation removed from Ohio, Michigan or other places where they have family ties.

Some people want a college town atmosphere. Austin, like it or not, is one of America's most populous cities with an accompanying high cost of living.

The good news is we don't need everybody. So if a kid grows up Aggie or doesn't want to go where classes are hard, they have options and we do too. For college kids who want to shine in a program nationally prominent in athletics, academics, network connection and where they can get sophisticated coaching to make them pro prospect, Herman is creating opportunities.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  5. hornde68

hornde68 250+ Posts

Again.everybody is all whooped up about D-FW recruiting. This is all cyclical. Kids go where they have friends or former player aquaintances.. We recently(for My first time) drove from OKC to Dallas. I was amazed how rural, how quickly it became south of Norman. Some kids are naturally drawn to rural. See,aTm. No recruiting will get over that and a job at a car dealership.

6. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

Well stated.

7. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

After we win Saturday let’s see what happens to the north TX landscape.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. RainH2burntO

I'm not sure how many young people or their families up there pay any attention to it (coaches and administrators likely are affected at least)...but you have the constant and obsessed UT bashing by the DMN crew in the metroplex.

9. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Read; blood pressure increase; carry on. Favorites are ou and aggy which could explain some of the recruiting issues in North Texas. Everything negative about Texas and all positives about ou, aggy and the greatness that is the $EC.

10. RainH2burntO

And then of course The Purple Telegram

11. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I don't hear much about the SEC. IMO there is very little PR about aTm. There is a lot of PR about ousux. To be fair ousux, has earned it. DFW supports TCU/SMU/UNT, which makes sense.

But with the competition from B12, SEC, B10, as well as USC and Standford, in the largest metropolitan area in the state and multi-state region, it takes time and effort with the coaches. They don't roll out a carpet for Charlie/Tom when they have Meyer, Saban, Fischer, Riley, Patterson, Orgeron also making effort.

Charlie made effort, came up to Oak Cliff Bible Church and spoke. You have to make consistent effort in DFW to build relationships with the top coaches. I want Tom to. I'm hoping Orlando and Hand do also.

There are too many good players up here not to be a significant player.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

You might notice some worried chit-chat out there about Kenyatta Watson
    Here is what Holland says about that

There has been some speculation in regards to the commitment status of four-star cornerback Kenyatta Watson II. Tennessee has been actively recruiting him, and Vols head coach Jeremy Pruitt swung by Grayson (GA) yesterday. But Watson and his family remain adamant that they are completely solid to Texas. I reached out to Watson’s father, who had this to say about the situation: “Kenyatta is going to Texas. Period!” Watson and his family plan to be in Austin for another visit soon.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  14. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Who's the home team tomorrow? What guys are visiting?

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

ou has the recruits

16. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

One of the reasons I finally cancelled my subscription to the DMN.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Could it be?

• Like Like x 6
  18. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

What a stud! Dicker will be remembered for a long time folks.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  20. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

:yippee:

• Like Like x 1
  21. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Buckle up, the 5*s are noticing ...

• Like Like x 5
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

FWIW, the USC folks still think they are in control

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

• Like Like x 3
  24. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I want to flip a couple blOwU offensive linemen.

I still don't know how many we are able to take this year. Can we go over 25?

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

But here is Roach and Holland
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

From today

• Like Like x 3
  27. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I couldn't find anything on who they were hosting. I guess they don't have a Joe like we have a Joe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  28. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Add the aggy and Texas lists and you will have their list.

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. CaptBartMancuso

CaptBartMancuso < 25 Posts

• Like Like x 1
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

JUCO LB Caleb Johnson (Fullerton, CA) will visit for the Baylor game this coming weekend. He is a 6'1, 215, he is #2 ranked JUCO OLB per 247 Composite.

Also, S Jalen Catalon supposed to UOV same weekend

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018