2019 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Another view of the Roschon play

2. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Unless we are over signing again, we need big uglies in the worst way. Tom needs to be more selective with his scholarships, now that Texas is playing well a lot of kids will want to play here.

I have a good feeling about Bru McCoy and Tre Sanders, you hold spots for them. You hold one DT spot for one of those big boys. If we keep Shepherd we still need 3 more. That is 6 right there, so I'm not sure why we are still recruiting for other positions.

3. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Bru McCoy’s dad taking about Bryan Carrington

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Powell, who just visited

• Like Like x 2
  6. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

:like: spoiler button

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Holland followed with a CB for Powell to Texas

• Like Like x 1
  9. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Yeah I liked clicking it to see that

10. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Like Like x 1
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The latest on RB Trey Sanders is that we are his preference but his folks want him closer to home. He is from Port Saint Joe, FL originally but I think they are near Jacksonville now. He plays at IMG currently, which is near Tampa. Drayton is going to watch him this weekend. Also, he has become buds with Jordan Whittington.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Gotta get mama comfortable with the Texas family environment - maybe Carrington can do some sales work

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

Trey feels like the Chris Simms of this class. Once he commits, I feel we get a few more we didn’t count on.

14. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Well, there aren't a lot more scholarships to dole out. Bru McCoy (I hope as a rover linebacker) Trey Sanders at RB and we're pretty much full up at the offensive skill positions and linebacker. DL maybe one more body and OL, maybe two more and cover corner and maybe one more outside receiver.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

Sounds as though, several players that Texas wants may be left out......several stars at several positions of need.....

getting pretty tight......any one care to venture who we get and who gets left behind

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

4-star CB Marcus Banks (Houston Spring Dekaney) de-committed from LSU
    But sounds like Bama

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

One player to maybe keep an eye on is 5-star LB Owen Pappoe
    He committed to Auburn, but that program is starting to wobble
    His original top 5 were us, Auburn, LSU, PSU and Bama.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Kennedy Lewis did officially de-committ from TCU

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  21. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

Winning does solve all our problems ... :coolnana:

Come on in Mr. Lewis and Pappoe, the water's fine

• Like Like x 1
  22. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Granted I have not seen the young man play or know anything about him outside of the recruiting services, but why are you so high on Mr Lewis? I would think with only one Wr slot left you would be more interested in Higgins or Washington.

23. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

My ideal finish would be no more Wrs, and maybe 3 more olinemen. one DT, McCoy and Sanders and one other.

24. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I don’t know if this belongs in 2019 or 2020 but it’s a BC shhh so

• Like Like x 1
  25. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Some obvious attributes for Lewis: He's 6'3". He runs a 4.5 40. He's been incredibly productive in high school.
    Add to that, he will no longer be playing for a conference rival who in recent years has beaten us more often than not.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  26. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

My question, does he project to be better than Higgins or Washington? If yes, than he is a take, if no then we should probably wait til we know what others are going to do.

27. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

I am not "sold" on Lewis being better than Higgins or Washington but I think he is a take. Great speed, high motor, and good height.

I am not sure about 1 WR slot left. We only have three commits for 2019 and only took 3 last year. I think we have a good chance of losing Collin Johnson, LJ, Burt, and Heard. We need some more tall dudes at WR.

28. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I know we might lose a few guys, but we just don't have the remaining scholarships, especially when we are losing four on the oline and their numbers were already thin. We need to replenish those numbers. We honestly need at lease 3 more linemen or we could be in trouble if we have injuries again. I'm hoping for a juco olinemen and 2 more high school guys.

We are losing 2 and possibly 2 more at WR and we have 3 committed. I'm good with those numbers, especially with the success this year is going to help us a lot next year. Another thing, if we get Bru McCoy, he is another Wr, plus he is a DE/LB as well.

29. CaptBartMancuso

CaptBartMancuso < 25 Posts

Guaranteed to lose Heard. I think Texas has a lot more spots than people think. They can take up to 28, IMO. We can guess who might leave due to playing time or due to being unexpectedly red shirted (Carter, Buechele, Christmas, Urquidez, etc), and then there are guys who will leave that no one expected — like Hemphill-Mapps last year.

If current commits stick and Texas takes 10 more, something like:

1 RB: Sanders, Cain or someone new
    3 WR: Washington, Lewis, Higgins?
    2 OL: Coker, Henderson, Juco, etc
    2 DL: Warren, Leal/Fatuitele
    1 LB: Johnson, Pappoe
    1 DB: Catalon

Powell and McCoy are more athletes that could plug in in place of others listed above

• Like Like x 1
  30. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Well, the two OL Herman poached from other Big 12 schools late in the process in 2016 both have been solid starters this year (Kerstetter and Cosmi). He had more time and more evaluation for the 2017 Class and three of the four were more highly rated that our current right side starters. Of the four OL redshirting this year … maybe every one of them will play for us as soon as next year. We still need to take more than 2 OL this year, but the cavalry is already mounted to take care of the graduation losses.

• Like Like x 1