2019 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

JUCO LB Caleb Johnson will OV to Oregon this weekend
    Not only are they his childhood fav team, but they just had a 4-star LB de-commit yesterday.
    Bad timing

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

OL Tyler Johnson (Conroe Oak Ridge) says he is trying to get things done to allow him to be an EE.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Senior film on RB DJ Williams from Fla
    In the 3rd run, they do a capture of his shoe flying off, he goes 70y

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

aggy lost their top rated LB recruit (4* Christian Harris) to Alabama. He might not be the last to flip either

• Like Like x 3
  6. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Been a rough 48 hours for them. No matter what they say, they are upset at losing Brewer, especially because it's so close to the early signing period. Now they lose Harris. He was possibly their top linebacker prospect.

7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I read a CB was visiting Bama too- another possible flip

8. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Zach Evans and his 12-0 North Shore Mustangs take on 11-1 Katy this Friday at NRG Stadium in a third-round playoff game.

North Shore beat Katy 20-17 in the third round in 2016. Katy returned the favor last season with a 30-3 win in the regional finals. The Mustangs beat the Tigers 35-21 in the first game this season, Katy’s only loss of the year.

Should be another good rematch this weekend.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Carrter, who is very talented but may have other things going on

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Whelp ..... USC site claiming they did hire Coach Bro as their new OC

Sidenote -- dude is going to absolutely slay the LA scene

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Burkhardt saying it ain't done.

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We have managed to inch our way up to #5 in the 247 team rankings
    Our avg player number back up over aggy's

2019 Football Team Rankings

One reason is that Marcus Washington got a bump in his composite number

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

NFL types hitting the phones

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Hot Hot x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

From TFB --

"Super K has been out of the country but I was able to talk with him briefly regarding the Bru McCoy situation. Here is what he had to say:

*** Prior to the Hire, K’s sources told him that with Helton staying, it was going to make it that much more difficult for Texas to pull Bru McCoy

*** One of his sources added that as long as Helton didn’t screw up the Offensive Coordinator hire, USC was going to be very tough to beat.

***It has been widely reported that USC is finalizing a deal with form Texas Tech Head Coach Kliff Kingsbury and K exchanged a few messages with McCoy’s father.

*** As you would probably expect to hear, they were very pleased with the hire.

*** This was always going to be a tough one with McCoy being close with JT Daniels and Amon Ra who are very happy at USC and with Clay Helton

** Along with the players, McCoy’s family really does think highly of Helton.

This one continues to trend toward USC. Texas is still in it to a degree, but if you haven’t already, you need to start preparing yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SouthBayHorn

SouthBayHorn 25+ Posts

Mater Dei is an SC feeder school. Not impossible to pry a top recruit away but difficult.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I guess the tweets above were all about hyping his tv appearance

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Herman expects to sign 19 or 20 of our 21 current commitments in Dec

(its 22 if you include the JUCO)

• Like Like x 3
  20. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

If USC can hold onto McCoy after all of the turmoil this year, one has to believe that the kid was never serious about going anywhere else. After all, what are the odds of Helton keeping the HC position at USC for more than another year or two?

On Kingsbury, unless his family wants to
    move to SoCal and unless he has no viable NFL offers (which would be surprising), I can’t understand the rational behind taking an OC position at USC. From a career enhancement standpoint, an NFL job would be much more valuable.

21. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

My thought too. I feel Kliff wants another HC gig quickly.
    A place like Oregon St?
    West coast best opportunity for his style i.e. the pirate in the Palouse.
    A one year stint at SC to get relationships, and feel?

22. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

Excellent point South Bay. Oregon getting their share too. That school is a pipeline.
    Bru looks like a beast, but.
    The Mater Dei guy that impressed me the most is Sean Dollars the RB commit to the Ducks.
    De’ AnthonyThomas?

23. CaptBartMancuso

CaptBartMancuso < 25 Posts

I don’t think KK has a family. It’s just him and football.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Sounds like me and Lonestar...

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Two of his best high school buds already go there, including maybe the starting QB next season. Plus he has other friends there. Plus, childhood fav school from down the road. Plus, easier for the family to see him. Plus, even I am willing to admit KK as OC would get my attention if I were a college-bound WR.

He was worth the effort. Still is. IMO, our staff did a good job of identifying the right target at the right time and place. McCoy is a special player. We made the right effort. But I agree with you, if he is still interested in them under the circumstances of this season, with such an unstable future, then it seems like it was never going to happen for us.

But it's not over yet. Based on his latest tweeting, he was waiting until the end of his season to decide. So we will see.

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Speaking of WRs, the latest from the "insiders" says "CJ is very likely to return."

But LJH is a coin flip that depends on his draft grade.

------------
    Also something on one of our 2019 WR commits, Jordan Whittington who looks to be a slot receiver for us, but is also a fine DB --

Eric Nahlin of IT says Whittington--

"simply prefers WR and is good enough to stay there.
    He is a 5-star safety if wants to be.... he’s a better Brandon Jones as a safety."

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  27. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Yes, going to be very difficult to get McCoy. But if LJH stays and we can get Big Jordan Humphrey that would more than make up for the loss of McCoy.

28. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

KK was born in San Antonio, played high school ball under his father head coaching at New Braunfels. He played college ball in West Texas at Tceh.

His NFL/pro career of 5 years had 5 1-year stops, New England, New Orleans, New York, Cologne (NFL Europe), Winnipeg Jets.

The next year he was back in Texas at UH for 3 years OCing, 1 year at aggy OC, then back out to West Texas to HC Tceh.

I don't see living in Oregon as a psychological happy place for him. Big city limelight for professional career in playing or coaching maybe fun, but other than that, he looks like he's happier in a Texas (state of, that is) like environment.

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

His years as OC, using S&P+ Offense --
    2011: #4 (UH)
    2012: #1 (aggy)
    2013: #23 (Tech)
    2014: #19
    2015: #1
    2016: #4
    2017: #25
    2018: #26

• Like Like x 1
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Carrington did retweet the McCoy/Sanders exchange above

However, TFB says the McCoy family is pleased with the "recent coaching developments at USC"
    They think he is USC bound

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018