2019 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  5. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Our last PF from Pflugerville worked out nicely (Nneka) - have no problem going back to that well.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

I had previously posted that I saw London play at the State Tournament this year and was impressed with her size and athleticism as a Sophomore! Glad to see Texas has her on their radar!

• Like Like x 1
  7. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

George Washington stopped by Haley Jones' high school when Texas kicked off the season against Stanford:

W – Haley Jones (Archbishop Mitty, San Jose) 6-1, Soph.
    The State Sophomore of the Year who barely edged out Charisma Osborne of Windward in that choice is one of the nation’s top recruits for the sophomore class with ESPN ranking her as the No. 2 wing and No. 6 overall. On a team very similar to Clovis West that has 5-6 girls that can lead the team in scoring and rebounding it was Jones that led in both categories with per game averages of 15.3 points and 8.2 rebounds. She is also a lockdown defender and was almost always given the assignment by head coach Sue Phillips of guarding the opposing team’s best player against a schedule of nationally-ranked opponents. Because she had to do the bulk of the ball-handling in the CIF Open Division title-game 44-40 loss to Clovis West she had more turnovers than Phillips would have liked to see, but she was also the only player in the game to register a double-double after finishing with 11 points and 10 rebounds. In the NorCal Open title game victory over Cardinal Newman, Jones had 15 points, seven rebounds and eight assists. She also had several other solid double-double outings, including 20 points and 10 rebounds against Oakland Bishop O’Dowd. Jones has several offers, including being asked to pre-qualify for Stanford.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

9. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

I noticed Liz Scott from Klein Oak made the US-U16 cut of 37. Her recruitment has been pretty quite. From her film, she has some nice moves. Hopefully there is mutual interest between Scott and Texas.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LutherIsMyDog

A little more Liz....

11. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Jordyn Oliver, a Baylor commit, only girl from Texas to make USA the 16U BB Finalists Team of 18 girls. Not sure if this is the final travel squad?? IMG_0233.PNG

12. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Only 12:

"The finalists will remain in Colorado Springs for training camp, and the 12-member roster for the 2017 USA Basketball Women’s U16 National Team will be announced prior to the team’s departure for the competition on June 4."

• Like Like x 1
  13. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Looks like Ohio, California, and Virginia did well. Is our state hitting a dry spell? (I doubt it. Hope not.)

14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

She visited us last Fall:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

16. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Can't help but notice that Coach Aston has 'liked' several tweets from this kid from Canada. She is also on the U19 Canadian team.

• Like Like x 4
  17. LutherIsMyDog

Definitely a recruitment to keep an eye on. She also follows Sedona Prince on Twitter.

18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Some have asked about Liz Scott; well, looks like A&M is under consideration:

19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

20. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I have high hopes that we get Taylor Jones.

• Like Like x 1
  21. LutherIsMyDog

I agree. As of today, I think Texas may lead for her recruitment.

22. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

23. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I'm pretty sure she held an offer from UT but PG Ashley Owusu (Virginia) has committed to Maryland. The #10 player in 2019 was a teammate of Honesty Scott-Grayson last season (Grayson has since transferred schools).

24. LutherIsMyDog

There's a long way to go in Samantha Brunelle's recruitment but we made her top 11.

• Like Like x 3
  25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

26. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  27. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Can you post a summary for us non-subscribers?

28. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Hmmm. I'm not a subscriber either but the link comes up when I click on it. Anyway, she's a 6'3" center and at the time of the article she was averaging 20.3 pts and 12.3 rebounds per game. She was first team all conference, and up for player of the year, but lost that to Mikayla Vaughn who will be a freshman for Notre Dame this fall.

29. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Akunna Konkwo attended the adidas Uprising All American Camp 2017 June 26 through July 02 along with several other Texas recruiting targets from 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 & 2022.

http://www.adidasgirlsbasketball.com/news_article/show/795228?referrer_id=2913043

Lady Hoops Guru has Konkwo listed as #5 for 2019. I believe that is just for the East Coast. Sam Brunelle is ranked # 1. She is not listed in Prospects Nation’s Top 100 for 2019; nor in Hoopgurlz Terrific Twenty-five for 2019.

http://ladyhoopsguru.com/rankings/class-of-2019-rankings/

• Like Like x 1
  30. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 3