2019 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Sep 5, 2016.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

It's amazing how little publicity the TGCA does for it's All Star games.

2. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Celeste with a few answers...

• Like Like x 4
  3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  4. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

I know this is on the men's side of recruiting, but wouldn't it be nice if this happened on both sides? For all the males/females on the circuit in July? I wish.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

A&M received a commitment from Manvel guard, McKinzie Green. Looks like she and Liz Scott are pretty close. I have always thought Liz was favoring A&M, so this can only help their chances.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Liz and McKinzie both play club ball for SA Finest:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Blurb from a writeup on Tennessee Lady Vols' recent commitment:

The 2019 focus now turns to shooters and guards in the Class of 2019, which has several elite recruits. Among those likely to visit the Lady Vols this fall are Zia Cooke, a 5-7 guard, from Toledo, Ohio; Aislynn Hayes, a 5-7 guard from Murfreesboro, Tennessee; Jordan Horston, a 5-11 guard from Columbus, Ohio;Rickea Jackson, a 6-2 wing from Detroit, Michigan; and Endyia Rogers, 5-6 guard, Dallas, Texas, along with others.

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tamari-Key-commits-to-Lady-Vols-119872297/

• Like Like x 1
  9. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Endyia can shoot the three!

• Like Like x 5
  10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I'm assuming this means her Top 5 schools. But, since she already took official visits to Kansas and USC and was supposed to make one to A&M (not sure if that happened), that really only leaves two unknowns. Then, again, it could be a Top5 that doesn't include schools she already visited officially.

• Like Like x 4
  11. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Looking at those numbers above---wow, both Endyia and Sarah can bomb away from behind the arc.

• Like Like x 3
  12. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

WBB Blog updated list of finalists for some 2019 players:
    https://wbbblog.com/2018/04/14/2019-class-finalists/
    Not really sure how updated Laeticia Amihere's list of finalists is since it has not been updated since Sept. 2017, but it does list Texas at that time.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BrewComLey

BrewComLey < 25 Posts

• Like Like x 3
  14. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Sorry to be lazy about this, but someone post the handful of uncommitted players we have a chance of landing and their "gut feel" percentage of landing that player?

15. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Whole lotta Longhorn in this photo from the recruiting circuit:

• Like Like x 3
  16. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Coach Aston is in Belarus watching Celeste and the USA U17 team.

• Like Like x 4
  17. LutherIsMyDog

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  18. LutherIsMyDog

• Like Like x 2
  19. LutherIsMyDog

Good article on Aijha Blackwell and the challenges she has had to overcome. In the article it states that she wants to announcement in September. Hopefully Texas is still in the mix.

• Like Like x 5
  20. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Very good article! Nice find, LutherIsMyDog!
    Per Aijha's updated June 2018 list, Texas is among the 12 schools she is looking at. Hopefully, we will welcoming her to Austin in Sept. :hookem2:

• Like Like x 2
  21. LutherIsMyDog

I saw this video clip on the Boneyard of Jordan Horston and Zia Cooke. Although I'm skeptical about package deals, Horston and Cooke say they want to attend the same school. Currently, the schools they have in common are Ohio State, Louisville, South Carolina and Tennessee.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  23. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Don't think we're still involved with London, but guess we'll find out for sure soon; believe she already took one official visit to Arizona State this summer, and maybe to one other school. So, don't get the timing of Top 10 list still to come:

• Like Like x 1
  24. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Longhorns make Endyia’s Final 5:

• Like Like x 8
  25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Glad we made it!

• Like Like x 5
  26. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

It will be very interesting because Texas, Tennessee, and Ohio State are recruiting the same players at the PG position. I personally would love to get Endyia over the other PG recruits. I just like guards that can shoot/score.

• Like Like x 2
  27. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I do like making her final five. She seems to be an outstanding player.

Zia Cooke is the only other PG in this class that I have down as having shown interest in Texas that has not committed or eliminated the Horns. Although, there may be hidden gem the staff is watching. :smile1:

28. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Yeah, I haven't seen out of state players like Zia Cooke and/or Rickea Jackson tweet anything about Texas, or seen any articles about them where Texas is mentioned; so, until I do, it's tough to get excited about them until there is information that they will visit Texas (for the first time).

In-state players area a different story. Hoping that we will be on Liz Scott's list of Top 5 which she indicated over a week ago would be released soon.

With Endyia, it's great that we are the only in-state program under consideration. Of course, it also implies that she has no problem leaving the state/region. Of the other four programs, we might be the only one who did not sign a true PG in the class of 2018; that could help our chances.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Surprised we completely missed out on Liz Scott! Believe we will have a small 2019 recruiting class.

• Like Like x 1