2019 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

You could be right, but it could also mean that Rutgers is trying to get an official visit.
    And, she took an official visit to Ohio State this past weekend.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  2. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Yes, I’d forgotten that she took a Official visit to Ohio State.

3. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Well she could give us a clue could't she? LOL!!
    :coolnana::coolnana::coolnana:

• Like Like x 3
  4. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Absolutely!

• Like Like x 1
  5. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Looks like Celeste will be here.

• Like Like x 9
  6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I am still getting the error when trying to post tweets. Using IE and FireFox.

Raoul indicating that Rickea is visiting Texas now.

• Like Like x 3
  7. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

I'm using Chrome, and copying the tweet instead of imbed. I don't know if that makes a difference or not, but...

• Like Like x 2
  8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 9
  9. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Was hoping to catch a glimpse of Rickea but still cool to see the team out supporting VB.

• Like Like x 7
  10. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Looks like Rickea is having fun!

• Like Like x 11
  11. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Zia!

• Like Like x 9
  12. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Saw that Kelby Jones "liked" Raoul's tweet, so I take that as true confirmation that Zia is also visiting officially with Rickea.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 9
  14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Based on that clip of Rickea, looks like our new uniforms will have contrasting trim around the neck and armholes. I like.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 7
  16. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  18. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Interesting, didn’t know they had a game today. That obviously explains why Endyia isn’t visiting. And why we didn’t see Deja either since she would most likely be there as well.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Seems like it was Bishop Lynch vs Duncanville scrimmage, not club ball?

• Like Like x 2
  20. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

I'm surprised we haven't seen any photos of the team/recruits at the game. Regardless, the USC game experience is getting rave reviews from the folks who attended the game. We set an attendance record and the staudium was loud, electric and rocking all night. Glad the girls and their parents got to watch a great game.

• Like Like x 5
  21. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

If this is the only recruit we get in 2019 I would be Happy!

• Like Like x 8
  22. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I am for sure happy to have Celeste join the program in 2019, but it's not enough as we try to become a consistent Elite 8 program and move forward after losing senior starters, Jatarie White, Danni Williams (potential starter), and Lashann Higgs. And, we still need to replace Rellah as far as depth.

• Like Like x 4
  23. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I was having similar thoughts as I recall Rickea and Zia's family posting group photos while on campus during their official visits to Tennessee and South Carolina.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Oh I really don't think Celeste will be the only player we will sign in the 2019 class but the only other recruit I feel good about coming to Texas is Endyia Rogers. Who else is there that we are pursuing? I believe Coach Aston is hanging her star on the 2020 class which as everyone knows has some Big Time local talent. We will be fine in having a small 2019 class as long as we make it up, as I expect in the 2020 class.

• Like Like x 4
  25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

We also lose Olamide after this coming season. So, when you graduate four players, and lost one from the 2017 class, and only bring in one or two freshmen for 2019, the roster is a lot smaller than it has been in several years. And, we know all too well how injuries/suspensions can be complete game-changers.
    2019:
    Seniors - Joyner, Jada, Alecia
    Juniors: Chasity, Destiny
    Sophs: Charli, Shae, Joanne, Audrey
    Frosh: Sedona (RS), Celeste

If we don't sign anyone else except Celeste for 2019, that means we would have up tp 7 'ships for 2020; but, that's not a realistic number as far as balance.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  26. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

With a small 2019 class I would't be surprised to see Texas pursue a grad transfer, or 2, to bolster the number on the team. I am just saying that with what we are seeing the numbers look to be small for this recruiting cycle.

• Like Like x 4
  27. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Agree. I think that the class is likely to be small and if that is the case they’ll be fine. Texas is in a position where it’s harder to attract top players with the depth that’s currently on the roster.

• Like Like x 3
  28. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 8
  29. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I did see the team at the VB game on Friday on tv. Couple of people in the small group I didn't recognize.

• Like Like x 1
  30. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I don't even know how many official visits a recruit can have. Someone fill me in? If it's 5, I figure we have about a 20% chance with Rickea and Zia. It would seem they plan to go to the same program. It would be quite a coup to get them. We can hope the "stay near home" heartstrings are a factor with Endyia.

• Like Like x 1