2019 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I noticed that one of the people who "liked" this tweet was 2020 Offensive Guard, Justin Rogers of Oak Park, MI. He is regarded as the best OG in the country by some recruiting services. He visited Texas unofficially this weekend for the USC game.

Wonder if he is an acquaintance/friend of Rickea's (who is from Detroit). Apparently, Justin flew to Austin by himself (no parents/guardians), ubered himself to/from airport, campus, hotel, etc.

• Like Like x 4
  2. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 10
  3. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

I hope that Texas gets her. She reminds me so much of Brooke McCartey.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Endyia's speed and shooting would be very welcome skills.

• Like Like x 6
  5. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Zia Cooke and Rickea Jackson have taken three of their five OVs. Cooke and Jackson have visited Tenn, S. Carolina and Texas (this past weekend). Jordan Horston joined them for their OVs at Tenn and S. Carolina.
    Endyia Rogers has only taken an OV to Ohio State but recently had home visits from Tenn and Texas. We are one of five finalists she lists.
    Laeticia Amihere has 14 finalists listed, including Texas but has taken two OVs (Kentucky & Louisville) and another scheduled on 09/28 to Norte Dame. Still has two OV spots open.
    I like our chances with Cooke, Jackson and Rogers, although I am not sure if all three would come here. It would be nice to get two of those three to join Celeste.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

It's been reported that Amihere won't be taking her last 2 official visits; not sure how accurate. Most expecting her to choose Louisville.

• Like Like x 2
  7. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Karen and George accrued some frequent flier miles - home visit with Celeste.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  9. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Glad we're getting an official visit this weekend so as Rutgers doesn't try to become one of her five at the last minute in place of us.

• Like Like x 3
  11. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

yes, very happy to have Rogers come in for an OV! No VB game which I think always is impressive in terms of fan support but there is a soccer game today and some kinda of big FB game on Sat. :smile1:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  14. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

IIRC, Texas is only looking at Rogers from that list.

15. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

He was right about Ashton Prechtel and Jaden Owens . . .

• Like Like x 9
  16. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Zia Cooke and Rickea Jackson visiting another school (Louisville) together this weekend. That's the third school they have visited together, along with Jordan Horston the first two times.

Wonder if the duo will make a trip together to one of Jackson's last three finalists: Miss. State, Ohio State or Rutgers?

17. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Could it happen this weekend?

• Like Like x 4
  18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Fourth school -- Tennessee, South Carolina, Texas and Louisville.

I believe Rickea is scheduled to visit Miss. State next weekend; not sure about Zia.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  19. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

I responded to Rikea Jackson's post of her pictures from her Louisville visit and shortly after that she like the tweet and her Mom started following me on Twitter. Am I reading too much into this? You never know?

• Like Like x 6
  20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Saw this posted on the UConn board:

Jazmin Shelley (5’9” - 2019 Aus.) is on her Official Visit to Oregon State. Reported Oregon, Texas, South Carolina, and Nebraska are a possibility of other finalists.

• Like Like x 7
  21. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  22. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Your question piqued my curiosity so I looked at every roster in the history of the program - no Aussies listed. Players from Poland, Italy, Lithuania, Canada, Nigeria and a backwater that caused a gag reflex - Oklahoma.

• Like Like x 2
  23. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Hey, Kala Bowers is one my favorite players and she was a key part of that 2003 final four team.

I knew who you were talking about being the UT player from Oklahoma. :smile1:

• Like Like x 1
  24. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Another from Oklahoma, I believe, was Earnesia Williams.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

26. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

I remember the best quote from her was when she was asked if it was awkward playing for Texas after growing up in OK, she said, "Nope, I got the hell out of there as fast as I could" (might be slightly paraphrased)

• Like Like x 4
  27. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Celeste (2nd team), Zia (2nd) and Rickea (3rd) make Street and Smith’s Preseason All American teams:

• Like Like x 4
  28. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Almost time to find out who will be going where!

• Like Like x 1
  29. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Would it be fair to say that the 2019 signing class would be:
    Celeste Taylor - 100% confirmed
    Endiya Rogers - 60% chance

• Like Like x 3
  30. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Yes I would say so. A very small but exceptional class. You may could put Rikea Jackson at 20% chance.

• Like Like x 2