2019 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Sep 5, 2016.

1. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Welcome MaleeDee--so glad you stopped by the board and provided us with additional facts about Jordan. A couple of weeks ago, I watched her Dreamchasing Mix Tape and I was very impressed with her speed and athleticism. Her height, speed and quickness make her difficult to defend. Jordan's defense is also impressive as she can make steals and block shots. From listening to her interviews, she comes across as a leader and a team player.

Texas plays fast and Jordan and Celeste would be a great fit with Coach Aston and our team. Please continue to stop by HornFans and keep us informed. Hopefully Jordan will enjoy the recruiting process and will choose the school that is best fit for her talents and personality.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  2. MaleeDee

MaleeDee < 25 Posts

Thank you very much for the welcome! I appreciate it. Fast is her style and defense is her specialty!

• Like Like x 1
  3. MaleeDee

MaleeDee < 25 Posts

That video was a combination of playing from 8th grade through freshman year. The hudl i posted was more current

http://www.hudl.com/profile/10351175/jordan-horston

4. LutherIsMyDog

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oakman

Oakman Guest

To Maleedee:
    I’ve had the pleasure of watching Jordan play at USA trials as well as in Chicago and I’m convinced she will be great on the next level regardless of where she goes. There are a few schools I feel are a good fit with Texas being one of them. I’ll tell you this it would pretty scary having Jordan and Celeste on the wings

• Like Like x 6
  6. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

With her size and athletic ability she’s going to be a Swiss Army knife at the college level.

• Like Like x 5
  7. MaleeDee

MaleeDee < 25 Posts

8. Oakman

Oakman Guest

• Like Like x 6
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2017
  9. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

That video is sweet. The ending was special. Taylor could bring some of her friends(Horston, etc) to Austin.

• Like Like x 5
  10. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  11. LutherIsMyDog

Unfortunate news concerning the Canadian super recruit, Laeticia Amihere, as she tore her ACL in October. The article states that she has narrowed her list to 14 schools but it only mentions UConn and Michigan State.

Hopefully she will have a full recovery.

12. Oakman

Oakman Guest

Happy Holidays everyone I will be headed down to the TitleIX tournament this weekend. There is a lot of great talent that will be there.
    If there is a player or a team that you would like some feedback on please feel free to comment and I will do my best to watch. I know Brianna Beal will be there but I don’t think there is any interest from either side. She is a good D1 prospect but watching her a few times I don’t think she is a good fit into what Texas does. Celeste Taylor will be there as well but you might be tired of me posting about her however she does play St. Mary’s with DeCosta who are the runner ups from the TOC and should be ranked top 5 in the nation. Any feedback will be great

• Like Like x 5
  13. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

I am sure I am not alone in saying I am always pleased to hear news about a Texas commitment. I also enjoy hearing about other prospects including those who may play for Texas rivals.

• Like Like x 5
  14. LutherIsMyDog

Happy Holidays Oakman--please continue to update us on Celeste Taylor's games/stats. It's much more interesting to get the perspective from someone who is in attendance at games rather than a box score found on-line or in a newspaper.

Since I don't know many of the players or the teams participating in the Title IX tourney, I would like to know which players stood out from the field. I would also like to know what Div I coaches were in attendance (especially if any Texas coaches attended).

Thanks for checking in with us. Safe travels.

• Like Like x 7
  15. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Really excited to see how this recruiting class rounds out; sure seems like we are targeting more out-of-state prospects than in-state prospects. I get the feeling the majority of our targets won't be making their decisions until next Fall, but I'd love to be wrong and get some more early verbal commitments.

• Like Like x 4
  16. MaleeDee

MaleeDee < 25 Posts

Check out this highlight!
    Jordan Horston most recent hudl highlights

• Like Like x 4
  17. LutherIsMyDog

Looking forward to Oakman's report of the LuHi vs St Mary's game as Celeste Taylor's team takes on Aquira DeCosta's team.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Oakman

Oakman Guest

First post from tournament;
    Not to many colleges early I saw Temple, Stony Brook, James Madison and South Carolina. But the marquee teams play later in the day so we will see.
    I watched Brianna Beal she’s closer to 5’11” than 6’0” I mention this because it’s important because if her style of play. She is a power 5 kid for sure, she can take it to the rim which he did often, she is very active on the boards and can shoot the open jumper.She is very strong and plays physical . If I were to be critical would be her speed on defense she would have a hard time guarding some of the elite guards on the perimeter at least that’s my opinion. I can see her playing in the ACC or Big10. She is fun to watch I look forward to watching her some more.
    Games are running behind but will be here for the Long Island Lutheran vs St Mary’s game which there is a buzz in the gym already with many talking about that one. Game should be of high interest to anybody in the Big12 being that the Taylor DeCosta matchup will play out when they each play for their colleges. DeCosta who many say is the best player in the country will play for Baylor next season

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2017
  19. Oakman

Oakman Guest

End of first Long Island Lutheran up 24-14 Celeste Taylor 12pts DeCosta 2pts

• Like Like x 4
  20. LutherIsMyDog

Wow! Very impressed! Keep us posted. It would be awesome if LuHi beats St Mary's.

Wish this game was televised.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Oakman

Oakman Guest

End of the half Long Island Lutheran up 31-28
    Taylor- 16
    DeCosta- 6

• Like Like x 2
  22. Oakman

Oakman Guest

49-41 Long Island Lutheran up
    Taylor- 20
    DeCosta- 8
    St Mary’s has a box and 1 on Celeste since second quarter

• Like Like x 5
  23. Oakman

Oakman Guest

I’ll recap later battery is low
    Long Island Lutheran wins
    Celeste Taylor- 25
    DeCosta- 8

• Like Like x 7
  24. LutherIsMyDog

:yippee::bevo::hookem:

That's huge! Congrats to LuHi and Celeste! Rick Slater must be a great coach. What great defense to hold DeCosta to 8 points. Looking forward to your recap of the game.

• Like Like x 4
  25. LutherIsMyDog

Hook 'em Celeste!

• Like Like x 6
  26. Oakman

Oakman Guest

it was a great game from the start there are four courts with games playing at the same time but looked like everyone in the gym was watching this one.
    Coach from Long Island Lutheran coached a hell of a game he ran a 1 2 2 zone and when most coaches would’ve took off the zone because st Mary’s was hitting 3s he kept it on which kept pressure on DeCosta. She was frustrated tonight every time she took a shot it was contested Celeste played some real good D on her when she was matched up against her but where I was surprised was on the boards Celeste was physical with her and out rebounded her. Celeste was something else tonight she was boxed and 1nd tonight but still finished with a game high of 25. She scored from all three levels. Her 3 Point, and midrange was on, she attacked the rim but also her pull-up off the dribble was college ready. Her defense has been college ready. I had a talk with other evualaters including ESPNW and all were in agreement Celeste was best player in the gym today but also one of the best high school players in the country. Someone pointed out to me that she has played 6 teams that are nationally ranked with elite players on all 6 and is averaging 25 points but also playing defense. I read an earlier post on this thread about her not being top 10 I can tell you if she continues this play when rankings are updated she will in fact be top 10. Texas fans be excited about her everyone else is. What a get for the LongHorns. Next game is tomorrow at 330 I will be there

• Like Like x 8
  27. LutherIsMyDog

I love it that Celeste brings it on defense as well as offense. I watched the LuHi vs Christ the King game and noticed that Celeste is intense and has great leadership skills. Although she excels in all phases of the game, she's a team player rather than a "me first" player.

Oakman-Thanks again for the post game write up. We would not have any visibility to this tournament if not for your reporting.

• Like Like x 6
  28. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Again, the thing that I like about the way that coach Aston is recruiting is that she’s recruiting players and especially perimeter players with really good offensive skill sets. Joanne Allen and Celeste Taylor will be quality players for Texas. Celeste Taylor also gives Texas a big wing player that they need especially on the defensive end.

• Like Like x 3
  29. Oakman

Oakman Guest

Quick highlight of Celeste from yesterday’s game

• Like Like x 4
  30. LutherIsMyDog

Speaking of defense, check out these highlights of Jordan Horston stealing the ball in a game vs Eastmore. There isn't an answer to her height, quickness and athleticism. She's fun to watch. I hope we can get her in for a visit.

• Like Like x 4