2019 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Oakman

Oakman Guest

Luhi lost by 6 68-62 but had it tied up late. I was able to watch it live on Luhi’s instagram page. Not sure who was able to see the game but I felt Riverdale had to many weapons, they were the deeper team. As far as Honesty and Celeste it was fun to watch two great players hold their own both were the best players on their teams both showed why they were so highly recruited but still like Celeste more I feel her defense, rebounding and motor separates her

• Like Like x 5
  2. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Agreed about Celeste - she was the engine that brought LuHi back from down 10 in the second half. She definitely wanted the ball and delivered and not just by scoring - had a very nice assist off a drive-and-dish that brought LuHi within 2 in the 4th. She showed good instincts on defense, anticipated a few passes and got the steals. Her vertical is nice but she also showed something that can be just as important on the glass - knew when to time her jump and came up with a couple of rebounds against larger posts. She got her pocket picked on a beautiful steal by a Riverdale guard when dribbling a bit too much but, all in all, I really like her game.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

New name: Angel Jackson

• Like Like x 1
  4. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Big news. Looks like Haley Jones was on an unofficial visit with us last weekend.

• Like Like x 9
  5. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  6. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

7. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  8. LutherIsMyDog

• Like Like x 5
  9. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Gosh, she sounds great. A 6'1" wing also with a great inside game would be such an asset. Glad she came for a visit.

• Like Like x 5
  10. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  11. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Endyia Rogers out of Dallas Bishop Lych is a new name to me:

• Like Like x 4
  12. LutherIsMyDog

Love this photo of Celeste. It exemplifies her competitiveness.

• Like Like x 5
  13. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Regarding Rogers from Bishop Lynch, imbedded in one of my past summaries from game results was some stuff. Essentially, from the box scores it appeared that Rogers might be the best player on that team. Of significance is that Nyah Green on BLunch has been committed to Louisville for a couple years and is ranked in top 5 in country in some polls. Never having seen either play so box scores were the only thing to go on. Rogers routinely outscored Green and guessing she averaged about 25 a game. Guess some coaches noticed. In Saturday’s DMNews Rogers was highlighted. Mentioned she scored 40 .....”and is being recruited by Mississippi State, Notre Dame, Texas, Tennessee, and Texas A&M.” Don’t know her background but she had not been highlighted in the preseason focus in the DMNews. Guess I had better go see her but no one has mentioned visits.

• Like Like x 4
  14. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

From DMNews from Friday night play......Myra Gordon for 36 in OT win. J Owens had 12. J Oliver(Baylor) with 18. Jewel Spear with 16. H Gusters with 13 in a OT win for Duncanville. They are 34-1 but several close games this year. N Green with 15 and E Rogers with 40 for BLynch. S Andrews with 3 in a 62 point win. Next Tuesday is final district game for most.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Very anxious to see how the rest of our 2019 class fills out.

IIRC, coaches can start making in-home visits with 2019 recruits on March 1, 2018 (or a day or two after).

• Like Like x 3
  16. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Per DMNews the tuesday result reveals......Duncanville won in OT for the second consecutive game.....South Grand Prairie and DeSoto. Gusters had 17 and Z Green(TENN.) had 15. The two White girls(SMU) had 16 each. They are 35-1 but vulnerable. Bryn Gerlich (OkieState) is really good and led Colleyville Heritage) to the district championship with 16. Don’t look forward to seeing her the next 4 years. M Gordon had 26. Plano with no Merritt got beat by Plano East. Will be interesting to see if she can play in the playoffs. J Owens had 22 in a 1 point loss. E Rogers with 22 and N Green with 21 in 9 point win for B Lynch. Last week the News mentioned that Rogers is 5’-3” so would continue with small point guards if she came to Texas. No mention of playoffs so guess they start next Tuesday.

• Like Like x 2
  17. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

From an article about Jordan Horston, Texas not mentioned:

Jordan Horston is planning official visits to North Carolina, Duke and South Carolina and an unofficial visit to Louisville. She also is being pursued by most major programs, including Connecticut and Ohio State.

18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

More on Horston:

19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Have to imagine that Duke, UNC, and South Carolina are the frontrunners for Horston if she is already set on visiting them officially. Even though she's from Ohio, that's a very regional set of schools; perhaps she has family in the Carolinas.

• Like Like x 1
  20. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Think I read somewhere that North Carolina has an assistant coach that is a relative to Jordan's mother.

• Like Like x 1
  21. LutherIsMyDog

As Mooooo mentioned in a prior post, it will be interesting to see what 2019 recruits we are targeting once the recruiting season kicks off in March. Coach Aston typically has a few surprises up her sleeve.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

We have not seen Coach A go the international route or the graduate transfer route. So, there's always a first time.

• Like Like x 1
  23. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I thought about international players this morning and remembered Gigi Mazionyte from Lithuania but I wasn’t sure if she would be considered a juco or international player. Her first year was also Karen’s so I’m also not sure if she was a Gostenkoers player.

24. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I'm assuming this is Horston's Mom and Coach A was in Columbus, OH watching Jordan play:

• Like Like x 4
  25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Assuming she was talking about Coach A:

• Like Like x 4
  26. LutherIsMyDog

It will be interesting to see if we can get on Horston's visit list. Jordan showing off her defensive skills may have resonated more with Aston than if she would have scored 35 points.

• Like Like x 4
  27. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I believe juniors can start taking official visits in early April. Perhaps Horston plans to do that since she already decided on three of them. And, perhaps that means she is planning on making a decision before the summer.

Would be great if we can get on official visit. But, since we weren't on that recent list of official visits, nor have we received on unofficial visit like Tennessee and some other programs, I can only assume we are behind. We only offered her like a month ago, so perhaps we were late to the party.

• Like Like x 3
  28. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Jaden Owens Playoffs - Plano West HS. Plano West finished outside of the top 4 in there district and did not qualify for the UIL playoffs. I'm sure we will hear more about Jaden as the Club season starts up in April.

29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Seems like we are casting a wide net in recruiting for 2019.

If we end up with Celeste Taylor, Taylor Jones, and Haley Jones, player first and last names will be required when posting on this message board. :p

• Like Like x 5
  30. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Best wishes to Taylor Jones:

• Like Like x 5