2019 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  2. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Celeste receives a commemorative basketball for scoring 1000 points. She gives the "hook 'em" at the end of the video.

• Like Like x 6
  3. LutherIsMyDog

Updated info on Jordan Horston's recruitment.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

You know, when that recent article came out about Jordan Horston having decided to visit Duke, South Carolina, and North Carolina officially, I found it odd that neither she nor her Mom had retweeted it. But, I blew it off to them perhaps not retweeting everything that was written about Jordan.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I have no idea which other recruits will join Celeste Taylor as part of our 2019 recruiting class, but based on nothing substantial other than gut feeling and maybe what we've read about (coaches'/player's) interest and unofficial visits, the three I'm feeling good about (maybe some wishful thinking) are:

6'5 Ashten Prechtel - Colorado
    6'1 Haley Jones - California
    6'0 Jordan Horston - Ohio

Just not feeling any from in-state.

What are your very early predictions?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

The only in-state 2019 people of interest are:
    Liz Scott - Klein Oak - I haven't heard any buzz from Texas about her.
    Taylor Jones - Dallas Christian - Texas has a big interest in her but I don't think the feeling is mutual. She was in attendance at the UConn game with her parents.
    Jaden Owens - Plano West - A point guard that has been talked about a lot on this board but not sure if she has an offer.
    London Clarkson - Pflugerville - She was in attendance at the UConn game and she was decked out in Texas gear. I don't believe she has a firm offer? They may be watching her this summer before they make a final decision??

In my opinion there are a lot more in-state 2020 girls Texas has an interest in. They clearly are pursuing several out of state players for the 2019 ships available.
    The recruiting landscape and opportunities have improved dramatically since Karen took the job 5 years ago! And it's only getting better!

• Like Like x 3
  7. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

I wonder about Taylor Jones' recruitment after her hip surgeries. I guess her recruitment might depend on which coaches stay involved with her during her rehab.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I had forgotten about Taylor Jones.
    Wonder if Texas is still interested in Kennedy Brown, 6-5 P; Derby HS; KS?

9. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Has anybody seen Taylor Jones play? She put up really good numbers last year but I can’t remember any scouting comments from real eyeballs. Based on Shae Routte’s comments about her being injured and falling behind, I hope this is not true for Jones .....wherever she goes. I “think” she is a 6-5” post but not sure. Anybody know about her game?

10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I have no idea where we stand with Taylor Jones at the moment, but she and her family attended a couple of our home football games back in 2016, including the Notre Dame game. Her Dad, an A&M grad, even posted about it on twitter as he apologized to the Aggies about it.

Pretty sure she attended one of our summer camps, but forget if it was 2016 or 2017.

Still surprised A&M did not make her list of finalists. But, with Stanford and Duke on there, she appears to be top notch academically, as well.

I had previously thought we would land her, but that was before 2018 Charli Collier re-committed to us. I think they are both PFs in college, but Charli has the size to also play Center.

11. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I don't follow recruiting much. Was wondering, Moooooo, or anybody else, is Rickea Jackson a possibility for us?

• Like Like x 1
  12. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

A poster on Orangebloods was adamant that Texas is seriously in the running for Rickea and he doesn’t talk out of his nether regions. He doesn’t post often but when he does, he is usually on the money.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Yes, he passes along what his inside source communicates to him. Of course, he was adamant about our chances with Christyn Williams, too, despite most folks knowing she was always headed for UConn. :p

He did state we were involved with Horston and Rickea Jackson, and that is definitely accurate. How serious a player we are remains to be seen.

• Like Like x 3
  14. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I was typing that I didn’t remember him being so bullish on Christyn Williams and then remembered he was pretty confident about her. Thanks for reminding me - a bit of confirmation bias on my part.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

16. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

17. Oakman

Oakman Guest

Sorry been a while since I’ve been on here.
    I knew Texas had no chance at Williams because she was going to UCONN the whole time at least that’s what my source was telling me. My sources have been right about most of the commitments we’ve seen so far. I say all this because same people told me that Rikea Jackson is very interested in the Longhorns as is Horston remember I told you guys back in December about Horston when nobody had her name attached to Texas so what I’m hearing is Rikea has a high interest but a long way from making a decision so hopefully for you Longhorn fans K.A. Can close the deal but I will caution because she is good friends with Zia Cooke she will play with her this summer , I haven’t heard anything with Cooke attached to Texas. And yes it was K.A. Watching Horston play other week

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2018
  18. Oakman

Oakman Guest

Saw this early this morning thought you guys might like it

• Like Like x 4
  19. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Both teams in the Colorado link to Prechtel look weak. Prechtel does have good fundamentals. Need more film against better competition to get a good read.

20. LutherIsMyDog

Celeste with a strong game tonight. She scored 30 of LuHi's 56 points.

• Like Like x 6
  21. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

New offer to player in Wisconsin:

• Like Like x 5
  22. LutherIsMyDog

• Like Like x 3
  23. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Leading the nation in scoring as a junior at 41+ points per game and leads the state of Wisconsin in assists. Between Jordan, Rickea and now Shemera, some Texas coach is racking up a lot of time in the Midwest.

• Like Like x 7
  24. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Seems like she has the size and shooting skills to play both guard spots in college.

Relatively speaking, seems like we are late in offering. But, perhaps our coaches have been recruiting her long enough to have formed a good relationship.

Other than Horston, who I'm not sure if she is projected as a PG in college, this could be the first PG we've offered for the 2019 class.

• Like Like x 2
  25. LutherIsMyDog

From the articles I've read, Shemera has offers from Wisconsin, Marquette, KSU, Minnesota, DePaul, Valparaiso and Tennessee State. Although I'm biased, if that offer list is correct, an offer from Texas is a very meaningful offer.

• Like Like x 7
  26. LutherIsMyDog

Celeste with another 30 point game as LuHi gets another W.

• Like Like x 6
  27. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Shemera is keeping an eye on potential future teammates...

• Like Like x 6
  28. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Shemera is definitely on Texas’s radar.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  29. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Charlie responded back to Shemera’s tweet! Sounds like things are moving along nicely.

• Like Like x 3
  30. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I like that we are looking at players that can score and distribute the ball.

• Like Like x 2