2019 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Considering the talent available I would not be surprised if Texas does not sign a single in state player in the 2019 recruiting cycle! The state is really loaded with top talent in the 2020 class. Coach Aston and her staff have reached that level of national recruiting prowess!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

we should have up to five spots open for 2019. We have one verbal, Celeste, 5-11 G. That I am aware of, we have out offers to three players: Haley Jones, 6-1 W; Angle Jackson, 6-3 P and Shemera Williams, 5-9 PG. In addition to those targeted, we will need at least one more P or PF. Taylor Jones would fit perfectly as she can, I think, play either spot. Of course, we probably will end up with different players, but at least we can look at the possible positions the staff is looking at with the offers.

Right now, players I have down as at least expressing interest in Texas is slanted slightly in favor of out of staters. As Ellis stated, this could easily be a year where all the signees are from out of state just as 2018 was all Texans.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Was there something in that video about Texas (which I may have missed)? Or, are you just stating that she is on Texas' radar based on the other tweet about her having been offered recently?

Raoul is pretty reliable, especially when it comes to recruits in B1G territory. But, didn't see the offer confirmed or re-tweeted by anyone else. But, her tweeting with Charli is good enough for me!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Jordan Horston also holds an offer according to twitter.

I would assume Rickea Jackson also holds an offer.

And, I don't think Ashten Prechtel paid her own way from Colorado for an unofficial visit if she didn't have an offer; could be wrong.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

No Moo nothing in the video about Texas or have no idea if she has an offer but I saw the communication with Charlie like maybe they know each other and Coach Aston follows her on twitter. The video highlighted her accomplishments which were pretty amazing in themselves. I think those points alone would put her on our watch list for 2019.

• Like Like x 1
  6. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Here's a short interview with Rickea Jackson whose team won in OT last night.

• Like Like x 5
  7. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Jackson is well-spoken. Somebody tell her she would do great on the LHN!

• Like Like x 2
  8. LutherIsMyDog

Haley Jones received a big honor today.

• Like Like x 4
  9. LutherIsMyDog

Celeste with another strong performance.

• Like Like x 7
  10. LutherIsMyDog

Haley Jones with a double double as Archbishop advances. Jones has a well rounded game and is an excellent defender. One common denominator between Taylor, Jones and Horston is that all three love playing defense.

• Like Like x 6
  11. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Shemera Williams apparently received an offer from Georgia today, and this tweet includes her list of offers. Texas isn't on the list. I wonder if Texas has offered her, and where Rauol gets his information.

• Like Like x 2
  12. LutherIsMyDog

It's odd. Shemera sent this Tweet after receiving her Georgia offer. I would think that if Texas had offered she would have tweeted something similar. Looking back at the Rauol Tweet, Shamira did not "like" the Tweet. On the plus side, Shemera and Charli C have traded Tweets. Time will tell....

• Like Like x 1
  13. LutherIsMyDog

Although it's only lasts 12 seconds, this video shows how Jordan Horston can block a shot and turn it into 2pts on the other end. It's worth noting how close she is to dunking the ball on her layup. It all looks effortless to her.

• Like Like x 4
  14. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  15. LutherIsMyDog

Jordon Horston's team won district. The newspaper article says Jordon had 16pts and is the two time district player of the year.

• Like Like x 6
  16. LutherIsMyDog

Louisville paid a visit to Haley Jones

• Like Like x 2
  17. LutherIsMyDog

Home visits! The 2019 recruiting season has officially started.

• Like Like x 2
  18. LutherIsMyDog

FYI...Jaden Owens had an in-home with Mulkey tonight. There's a photo of them on Twitter but I didn't post it because I don't want KM's face on our message board (childish but true).

• Like Like x 8
  19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Read where the entire Baylor staff was out in Washington on Thursday night watching PG Hailey Van Lith; she's 2020 just like Sarah Andrews. With Mulkey visiting 2019 PG, Jaden Owens, wonder how much they are prioritizing Sara Andrews.

• Like Like x 2
  21. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I have no problem whatsoever if they have decided to leave Sara Andrews on the vine. Would leave to see her in burnt orange.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

PG recruiting will be very interesting for both Texas and Baylor over the next two recruiting classes. Both took at PG in 2017; not sure if Honesty Scott-Grayson will play PG for Baylor or another position.

Come 2019, we have Sutton as a senior, and Patterson as a junior. Still don't know if we are targeting a PG for the 2019 class, but it doesn't seem like it, unless Shemera from Wisconsin is the target.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  23. LutherIsMyDog

Haley Jones getting lots of love from the coaches

• Like Like x 1
  24. LutherIsMyDog

Although I'm not certain if Texas is recruiting Liz Scott, she made the Texas Girls Assc. All Star Team.

• Like Like x 3
  25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I've seen no connection between Liz Scott and Texas at any point over the last months/years:

• Like Like x 1
  26. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  27. LutherIsMyDog

Muffet McGraw and ND pay a visit to Haley Jones.

• Like Like x 1
  28. LutherIsMyDog

UCLA visits Jaden Owens

• Like Like x 1
  29. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Stanford visits Haley Jones. Gosh, can only hope our coaches are waiting for the very last visit with Haley. Surely they are going to visit her since she came to Texas for an unofficial visit!

• Like Like x 2
  30. LutherIsMyDog

I've been wondering the same thing myself. Aston & Co. have been very quiet in the Twitterverse.

• Like Like x 1