2019 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Rickea Jackson would be a huge get at a need position. Hope she visits soon, or decides to attend one of our summer camps.

• Like Like x 7
  2. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

A question for those of us not experienced with the yearly ebb and flow of WBB recruiting, are these next few weeks? Months? the typical timeframes when commitments are announced? I see that Miss State has recently gotten 3 commits in a row. But we and Evil Witch have only 1 and they were long-ago commits.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Oakman

Oakman Guest

I learned a long time ago to not pay attention to prospect nation they seem to give good rankings to kids that attend their camps and give bad ones to kids who don’t attend or play for a program not friendly with them. Bluestar has relationship to the Philadelphia Belles so I am comfortable with espn rankings.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Oakman

Oakman Guest

Usually in past classes girls take their time and have committed after summer at least that’s the premise. This 19 class is loaded so you have seen some kids commit a little early, kids will take some visits now but mostly do camps which doesn’t count as a visit so gives coaches some valuable time with recruits. I expect some of the top names will do so after the summer is over

• Like Like x 4
  5. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Watching the highlights of Cooke and I hope that Coach Aston can get her. Really like her size and athleticism at the Point Guard position.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I guess Coach A was watching our targets in person this weekend:

• Like Like x 3
  7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Some highlights of Zia Cooke in the state championship game:

• Like Like x 3
  8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

more on Zia Cooke:

http://www.toledoblade.com/High-Sch...ork-keys-to-success-for-Rogers-Zia-Cooke.html

By seventh grade, much of the focus became basketball, and that’s when she received her first D-I college scholarship offer from Eastern Michigan University. Since then, offers have come from top college programs such as South Carolina, Mississippi State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Tennessee, Louisville, and Texas.

• Like Like x 5
  9. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Zia Cook --- looks fantastic. If we could land her and Rickea ---wow.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  11. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Celeste held steady at #14 but they dropped Zia from 7 to 10. Haley Jones and Ashley Owusu bumped Laeticia Amihere from 2 to 4. Jaden Owens hopped up a spot two. Biggest change I noticed is Jordyn Oliver going from high 20s to #6 overall.

• Like Like x 2
  12. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Weren't we mentioned at some point in connection with Caitlin Clark? Maybe that's just wishful thinking. She's always sounded fantastic to me. There are so many good point guards. Hopefully we can snare one (or more) of them to go go with Patterson, and then later, Deja.

13. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Our coaches follow her on Twitter but I'm not sure of any other connections we have at this time with Caitlin. From reading articles and watching her videos, Caitlin is the real deal. Although this is only my opinion, I believe Notre Dame is currently her #1 school.

Hopefully, she'll visit Texas or attend our summer camp.

• Like Like x 1
  14. LutherIsMyDog

Was Nyah Green previously ranked #1 in this publication (or was it another set of rankings)? If so, she's now at #11.

15. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

That is ProspectsNation - I don’t think ESPN has ever wavered from Brunelle.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 7
  17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Can't believe her club team misspelled her first name! Or, whoever created that graphic. ;)

18. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

I know. They replied that photoshop doesn't have spell check. ??

19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Endyia blew up this weekend.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

So, a couple of months ago we didn't know if we were pursuing a point guard for the class of 2019, and now it appears as if we have offered 3 of them: Jaden Owens, Zia Cooke, and Endyia Rogers.

Rogers got a lot of pub this weekend; just in the last few days, I've seen her listed as anywhere between 5'3 and 5'6.

• Like Like x 5
  21. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

DFW Elite says Endyia picked up an offer from USC. I wonder which USC. I wish those two schools would get together on what to be called.

• Like Like x 1
  22. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

I’m pretty sure it’s Southern California. Most South Carolina fans won’t like it, but when someone says USC I automatically think Southern California.

• Like Like x 3
  23. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

It might be that we shut it down at guard if one of Cooke, Owens, or Rogers commits. I wouldn't expect Cooke to make a decision any time soon; so, if one of the two from the metroplex decides she wants to be a Longhorn, our backcourt slots for 2019 are full, IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Endyia looks closer to 5'6 than 5'3 to me:

• Like Like x 2
  25. LutherIsMyDog

I agree that Endyia is not 5'3". (Endyia is the first player on the left)

• Like Like x 2
  26. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  27. LutherIsMyDog

West Virginia got another commitment. She's ranked #94 on ESPN. 5'10" Guard from Rutgers Prep.

• Like Like x 1
  28. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Watching highlights of Endyia Rogers and the thing that stands out is the fact that she’s so smooth. It’s like she’s barely even breaking a sweat. There’s so many quality Point Guards in the 2019 class. You really can’t go wrong with any of them.

• Like Like x 4
  29. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

Hmmm . . . Endyia plays for DFW ELITE.
    Hmmm . . . Tiffany coached for DFW ELITE!

Possibilities abound

• Like Like x 3
  30. LutherIsMyDog

Indeed. Endyia retweeted the Texas WBB Tweet announcing the hire of Tiff Jackson.

• Like Like x 3