2019 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Sep 5, 2016.

1. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Wow! Amihere has the attention of big time schools. Wish Texas was in closer proximity to Canada although her list makes it seem as though she is wide open to possibilities.

• Like Like x 2
  2. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I love that we made Amihere's list. (Don't much like UConn being in all-caps.)

3. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Time to call on the Canadian UT basketball players to let her know what's up:
    Caron-Goudreau twins
    Tristan Thompson
    Cory Joseph

• Like Like x 3
  4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

As it appears we are signing a pretty large class of recruits for 2018, I was assuming we'd sign a smaller class for 2019. Coach A definitely makes the rounds when it comes to getting recruits from all over the country and beyond interested in Texas.

5. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Yes, I'm so glad Aston believes in going national (& international). Did I get that right? Akunna Konkwo already has decided on her final 10 as a sophomore? I love that. Believes in taking care of business, I guess. She sounds really impressive and has a great athletic build.

6. LutherIsMyDog

Here's a Toronto Metro article on Amihere from June. It says that ESPN ranks her as the #2 prospect in North America. It will be interesting to follow her recruitment as she has the attention of so many coaches.

I certainly wouldn't bet against Coach Aston getting her to visit Texas and (hopefully) making it into her final considerations.

http://www.metronews.ca/news/toront...mihere-becoming-face-of-women-basketball.html

• Like Like x 3
  7. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  8. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

I wonder if Texas has offered London Clarkson? Saw earlier in this thread that she had interest and offers from a few schools which included Texas, but no official word of the offers. She received an offer from MSU today, and seems pretty excited.

9. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Not her first Div. 1 offer. Looks like Texas has offered.
    upload_2017-9-5_21-55-47.png

10. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

That's the post I was referring to, but does "offers and interest" mean all those schools offered? Or just showed interest? It's a little confusing. Being that she just received the offer from MSU, it isn't quite clear which of those schools actually OFFERED, or which just showed INTEREST.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Ain't that the truth!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Anyone know when in-home visits are to begin? For the class of 2018, visits began in the second week of September 2016 and the tweets were non-stop with photos of coaches at the homes of the junior class recruits.

13. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

London Clarkson has picked up an offer from LSU.

14. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

15. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Gonna be lots of competition for Haley Jones.
    From the UConn board.
    upload_2017-9-20_12-28-31.png

16. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Coach Aston 'liked' this tweet about London Clarkson:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I think in-home visits have started with the juniors (or are about to start); that will tell us some of the players we are targeting for 2019. I think it's gonna be a small class based on the large 2018 class we appear to be signing, and the 2020 class seems deeper in-state than the 2019 class (based on the subjective recruiting rankings out there).

Sophomores (5): 6'7 Center, Sedona Prince; 6'5 Forward, Charli Collier; 6'1 SF, Shae Routt; 5'9 W/SG, Audrey Warren; 5'8 SG, Joanne Allen-Taylor

Juniors (3): 6'3 Forward, Rellah Boothe; 5'9 SG, Destiny Littleton, 5'5 PG, Chasity Patterson

Seniors (3): 6'3 Forward, Joyner Homes; 5'11 Wing, Jada Underwood, 5'9 PG Alecia Sutton

I realize several players on our roster can play multiple positions, but it would seem we'd want another Center/Post player. Not sure if that is the position 2019 6'3 Taylor Jones is set to play in college; she has definitely seems to be one of our targets based on visits and camps. But, the 2020 class is also loaded with Centers in-state.

Do we target a 2019 PG like Jaden Owens? Can't say I've read much about Texas' involvement with her. Or, do we target a 2020 PG like Sara Andrews or Cailtin Clark (Iowa)?

18. dawood

dawood 25+ Posts

So is UCLA. I've noticed a lot of schools use all caps when listed. USC, UCLA, UCONN, BYU...

19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I know we already have a verbal commitment from 2020 guard Deja Kelly; but, it won't surprise me if we get more verbal commitments from other 2020 recruits before we get any from the 2019 class. The numbers seem to indicate a small 2020 class, which may mean our coaches can be very selective and patient based on their targets.

20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

In regards to PG Jaden Owens of Plano West, haven't really read much about her recruitment since she decommitted from SMU. I don't believe she attended our summer camp even though so many of her Cy-Fair club teammates did.

But, she seems to have been the primary PG this summer for Cy-Fair Shock, so she must have lots of familiarity feeding the ball to Charli Collier and Sedona Prince, not to mention Audrey Warren, Christyn Williams, and Deja Kelly:

• Like Like x 1
  21. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  22. LutherIsMyDog

I may have missed a recent report but I think we are still in Brunelle's top 11.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  23. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I think you're right. The schools listed in the article are just the next to get visits. She visited UT last fall so it will be crucial to get her back on campus, at least for one of her officials.

• Like Like x 2
  24. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Y'all are correct. I mis-read the ESPN article.

• Like Like x 3
  25. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

thanks, Luther, I was just about to post the same info. In fact, that whole episode might factor into her decision to continue to consider Texas.

26. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Very anxious to see who we are targeting for the 2019 class. Once our 2018 class is finalized and signs their LOIs on November 8 or so, perhaps our needs will become clearer.

27. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

We should have 3 to 5 ships available for 2019. That depends if we take any more this year. Christyn and possibly Queen are possibilities.

Of course, if we do take one or two more, that means one or two players are moving on.

For now, I have the following players having expressed interest in Texas although that is a list that changes constantly and I am not sure if I have caught all changes.

Samantha Brunelle, 6-2 F
    Kennedy Brown, 6-5 P
    Taylor Jones, 6-3 P
    London Clarkson, 6-1 PF
    Haley Jones, 6-1 W
    Laeticia Amihere, 6-3 F
    Akunna Konkwo, 6-3 C

• Like Like x 3
  28. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

You’re probably safe adding PG Jaden Owens to that list.

• Like Like x 1
  29. LutherIsMyDog

I hope there is mutual interest with Liz Scott

• Like Like x 1
  30. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Thanks, DFW_Horn and LutherisMyDog.
    I will add those players to my list.

• Like Like x 1