2019 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, Jun 8, 2017.

1. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Folklore about the bridge being haunted from an incident in early 20th century. There was no slough there for a bridge to be built over until Jefferson Chemical was built in the 40s.

2. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Wow, you guys familiar with the legend of the donkey lady.

3. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

If Kenyatta commits, one would think it should help with NO Mensah. Remember, there was a lot of twitter back and forth between them about "doing something special together."
    I like Badass' notion in earlier post on cause/effect with another NotreDame safety signing.
    Kenyatta currently sits at 98% good guys per 247 and NaNa at fitty/fitty trending our way.
    Would be a nice daily double.

• Like Like x 2
  4. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

When do you expect the next commitments to be and who?

5. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

is she that half-breed vietnam vet taking up for liberal kippie kids?

• Like Like x 1
  6. RainH2burntO

Joe tracks this more closely than I, but word was Kenyatta Watson around end of April/first of May-ish and Nana-Osafo Mensah late May.
    There are other prospects pending also and plenty of hints and shhhhseses, rumors and innuendos but who knows... The kids themselves probably don't even!
    Edit: Tyler Johnson OT OakRidge is another that is rumored to be on watch

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  7. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

My guess is Kenyatta Watson and Tyler Johnson. Timing, KW this weekend, TJ next

Both would be home runs!

8. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  9. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

tick tock, tick tock ...

• Like Like x 2
  10. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Our media team is the best !!!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Those graphics are....well....Badass!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

It's been a while since I've seen so many 5* studs from across the country this interested in Texas. Hopefully those on campus today are impressed!

• Like Like x 4
  13. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Yall nerds.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The rumor out there is he likes us and Boise St (besides Bryan Harsin, his high school coach's brother is also on the Boise staff)
    TFB thinks we can reel him in if we keep pressing.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

TE Jared Wiley of Temple --

“I had a lot of fun. Texas is starting to feel a lot like home. I get more comfortable there every time I go.

I like the ball in my hands. I’ve told coach Warehime that. Every time I’ve gone there, they’ve proven to me that I’ll have the ball in my hands a lot if I go there.

The stars and everything have never been a big deal to me. If someone is a five-star and I’m a two- or three-star, whatever I am, I feel like with my competitiveness, I’d still be able to beat them.”

• Like Like x 1
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The USC folks seem to think they have this one wrapped up already. Would be great if we could steal a 5-star out of their backyard. Who knows, maybe his dad once stayed in the same hotel as Bob Shipley? Just think of the stories the announcers could tell ....

• Like Like x 1
  19. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

5* LB reflects on this weekends OV ...

• Like Like x 4
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The "shhh" from Carrington last week was supposed to be about one of the Calif guys -- the consensus seems to be it was Cal grad transfer RB Tre Watson

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

WR Garrett Wilson (Lake Travis) has made his decision but word is is not for us. Announcement in a day or two

update

• Like Like x 1
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Wow! I hope we get the Wake WR as well (Aggie slayer). I think it says something when people nationally want to join your program. Also, I like that we are adding seniors on the offense. We need that.

25. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  26. CraigHorn

CraigHorn 500+ Posts

Discouraged about GW, but all the best to the young man.

27. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

If true, IMHO this would be huge, and potentially ignite the offense this fall. To my untrained eye Watson is special, and he would provide a bridge for some of the younger players (Ingram?) to adapt to the college game.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

There is some risk to us from his knee injury from the second game of 2017. I think a med r/s is what gave him the extra year. But, agree, on the bridge. This combination of skill and experience almost never falls in your lap like this.

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  30. RainH2burntO

If anyone didn't know before or doesn't know now....RJ is the truth. I've been wanting to write a longer piece on him with some comparison/contrast to recent/former UT QB recruits but haven't had the time. Everyone that is a UT fan should be very pleased with the added trio of Thompson, Rising, and Johnson to our QB corps...best group we've brought in in a looong time.
    No one should make you more excited than this guy Roschon IMHO.

• Like Like x 3