2019 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, Jun 8, 2017.

1. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

The class ahead of him (2018) has a huge amount of talent. It makes sense if he wants early PT.

And when he "Ossai's" them, it will be so much fun for us.

2. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

I need to adjust my calendar. When do the "he was overrated anyway" posts begin?

• Like Like x 1
  3. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

or "he wasn't SEC ready anyway."

• Like Like x 1
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This is some bad luck but the DC at Humble Atascocita is the brother of the new aggy OC

Atascocita is the home of 2019 5-star OT Kenyon Green

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

2019 WR Garrett Wilson of Austin Lake Travis is supposed to be at Texas this weekend. He might go visit aggy as well after that. He is one of the top in state players

aggy seems to have conceded 2018 at this point and has already "moved on" to focus to 2019 -- are having big 2019 weekends full of recruits before 2018 NSD. They have some good recruiters - probably more than they had under Summy. It's going to be a fight.

6. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

With social media and movies... It's not like in the wild west days when a coach could actually color things that much and the kid not know, is it?

7. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I had lost track of Darrell's brother since he was at Crosby. Not to pour kerosene on your fire, but don't forget that former Aggie QB Craig Stump (WR for Todd Dodge & then Port Arthur starting QB) is the HC at Atascocita.

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

10. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Another North Texas 4-Star goes to UCLA and then aggy:
    upload_2018-2-5_8-38-23.png

Yes it is early and with the 2018 WR recruits Brown probably saw no future at Texas. However Texas should have been in the mix other than just receiving an offer.

11. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I think there is NO DOUBT that Jimbo Fisher is going to start being a force on the recruiting trail. We're just going to have to expect it.

12. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Fisher doesn't know how to recruit without pockets full of cash. Hell, he screwed up the time honored tradition of free food at Publix. The problem with recruiting will the Brad Pevetp, Brewster, and Darrell Dickey.

:hookem2:

13. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

I expect competition and most of it to be the illegal kind (i.e. $EC's version of legal). However my point is there is an issue with Texas' North Texas recruiting that is driving kids elsewhere. Recruits from Houston and Central Texas might be doing the trick now, but at some point the talent drain from North Texas is going to have to be stopped. Since Herman doesn't seem to have issues with Texas HS coaches in other parts of the state, the issue has to be something else.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

The issue is emphasis. This recruiting cycle the talent was mostly in Houston, 2019 cycle seems to be more evenly dispersed between Dallas and Houston. I think moving forward you will see the Texas coaches hit Dallas much harder than they did this year.

Remember Beck pulled a bunch of Dallas top national talent to Ohio State. It's going to be a tough pull, there is heavy Oklahoma Arkansas, and aggy influence there. Not to mention the fact that Dallas is mostly people not from Texas, so the state pride thing doesn't exist like in other parts of Texas.

Remember this, All the Texas natives in DFW live in Ft Worth. I know it's a generalization but it sure feels true.

15. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Wrong. You need to broaden your horizons. As many of us natives in Dallas as in Ft. Worth. In fact there are more native Texans in Frisco than Southlake.

• Like Like x 1
  16. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Austin Bill might be on to something, but the final statement was errant. There are probably more native Texans in Dallas, but WAY more non-natives in Dallas too. Norman is as close as Austin. Univ of Arkansas gives Texans "in-state" tuition rates. Louisiana is closer to Dallas than Austin too.

There's good talent in the market, but the fruit doesn't hang as low for UT.

17. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

My wife is European so I tend to run in more international circles, that why I said Dallas few people are actually from Texas. When I go to Ft Worth and some of the mid-cities it's always Texans, but the people I meet that live in Dallas just seem to always be from another state or country.

18. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Setting "natives" aside for a moment (yes, I are one, family arrived in 1835), consider the alumni in each city:

Dallas:

OU's largest alumni chapter
    oSu's second largest alumni chapter
    Arkansas' largest alumni chapter

Houston:

OU's second largest chapter
    oSu's largest chapter
    Arkansas - I have been told their second or third
    LSU's largest chapter
    aTm's largest chapter

Now, throw in all the poachers, we can't afford to ignore any region or school.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

We run in different circles. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Not to go off topic, but it's good to meet someone that knows his family history.

The Plummer and Parker side of my family came to Texas with Steven F Austin's first company. There is an interesting story about the Parkers/Plummers. In 1834 Luther Plummer petitioned Steven Austin for his own land grant he had just married 16 year old Rachel Parker. In 1836 Fort Parker was attacked by a large group of Comanches. The attack was named the Fort Parker Massacre. Rachael was taken prisoner by the Comanches and made a slave. Rachael son was a toddler and she was pregnant with another. When the child was weened he was taken away from her and she never saw him again. She gave birth to a son and named him Luther, but the Comanches thought he was interfering with her work so they killed him at 6 weeks old.

The Comanche band was around Santa Fe when a band of Mexican traders bought her, she was then sold back to her family. 2 years after her abduction she was reunited with her husband.

Her story became the basis for the John Wayne movie The Searchers.

Side note, Rachael had a cousin Cynthia who was 9 years old when the Ft Parker massacre happened. She was also taken prisoner and grew up for 25 years as a Comanche. She married the Chief and her son Quanah Parker became the last great Comanche Chief.

Parker county Texas, west of Ft Worth was named of the Parker family.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  21. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Wow, a Parker relative right here on HF. I'm pleased to meet you Austin_Bill.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm a really big enthusiast when it comes to family history. By the way, the Lea side of my family is much more interesting. Sam Houston's wife Margaret Lee is my 5th generation Great Aunt. I'm also cousins to Robert E Lee and related to two signers of the Declaration of Independence, Richard Henry Lee, and his brother Francis Lightfoot Lee. Both played huge parts in the Revolutionary War.

The Leas have fought in every English war going all the way back to the battle of Hastings. William the Conqueror is my 29th great grand father, but that isn't a huge deal as something like 1/8th of Brits are related to him.

• Like Like x 5
  23. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

I am just a 4th generation Texan. All I got is the family still site in the hills above Atlanta, GA is now a National Monument.

24. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Must have been some really good moonshine to warrant a national monument

:beertoast:

• Like Like x 1
  25. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Actually a cove in the middle of a National Forest with a monument sign.

26. everette

everette 250+ Posts

So you and I are 26th cousins 3 times removed, if not closer.

27. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Lol, another grandson of William the Conqueror? Being related to William means by proxy you are related to Charles 1 of France as he was the grand father of William's wife Matilda. Tying in to his line is really fun as it goes back thousands of years until it started naming Greek gods. Somewhere around 5000 BC.

Of course it's all BS as it was a way to make Charles 1 seem more royal, but fun none the less.

So if someone asks if I'm a god, I have no problem saying yes and then proving it.

28. everette

everette 250+ Posts

lol - I'm also a descendant of the Lee family through Dorothy Lee, b. around 1500.

29. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

That is really cool, we probably should keep this back on track, but the Lee family is a pretty well documented group. Very Interesting as well. A lot of them took part in many historical events.

30. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

I'm a direct descendant of the guy who invented the wheel. So there.

• Like Like x 1