2019 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, Jun 8, 2017.

1. everette

everette 250+ Posts

That's not true since you don't exist. Pants on fire!

2. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

My uncle is in jail. :hookem:

3. LonghornCatholic

4. Omniscient.one

Omniscient.one 500+ Posts

Not being funny but first time hearing that. In fact I heard from a legit source that one starter said “Everybody hates him”.

5. Omniscient.one

T’Vondre Sweat and DeMarvin Leal are perfect Key & Peele “East/West College Bowl” player names

6. Omniscient.one

Jimbo starting strong with 2019 class. As much as I hate saying it, he’s obviously going to be tough competition (i.e. he’s gonna be a pain in the ***)

7. Omniscient.one

Sorry for blowing up the board, but goddam UGA is on fire. #1 2018 class and so far #1 2019 class, including three 5-stars and four four-stars. A NC appearance doesn’t hurt of course, but they even had the #3 class in 2017 following an 8-5 season. Probably not a coincidence that was the year Kirby Smart was hired. I’d go so far as to say he’s done pretty good so far

8. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Yes but when it comes down to actually signing, he still has Aggy and College Station going against him.

9. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

If Tom Herman fails here and Texas decides to throw a **** ton of money at a coach I hope it's either Dabo sweeny or Kirby Smart.

10. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

Their next contracts will make Fisher's look like a bargain.

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Many think he is the perfect QB for what Herman wants to do

• Like Like x 1
  12. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I have said before that I was critical of Roschon early on. Slowly, he alleviated those "fears". I am not comparing Roschon to VY, but just as VY showed me everything (speed, arm strength, decision making, leadership) in his game in The Dome against a very talented Northshore team, Roschon did the same leading PNG back more than once against a talented Port Arthur team. Then came the Crosby track meet - WOW!

I'm concerned about how fragile looks, but Port Arthur, Nederland, Crosby, and College Station pounded him, yet he was still standing at the end.

Trivia question: The last Longhorn QB to come from PNG?

• Like Like x 2
  13. DFWHorn012

DFWHorn012 < 25 Posts

So is this RJ's girlfriend or what? Like what's going on here?

14. DFWHorn012

DFWHorn012 < 25 Posts

I don't think he's as fast but watching Garrett Wilson's film.. he sorta reminds me of Antwan Goodley from Baylor a good few years back. Same sort of build and playmaking ability.. I think Goodley was more of a burner though. How y'all like that comparison?

15. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Without loo
    Without looking it up, I was trying to remember but couldn't. Then it occurred to me that you're thinking of Todd Dodge. That would be wrong however because he came from Port Arthur which is next to PNG. I'll wait for your answer.

16. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Not thinking of Todd. I am painfully aware that Todd went to TJ, where he had a dozen receivers that went D-1.

I know the school boundaries and the "your choice" zone that did exist, plus if you are part of those three families, we don't give a damn where you live, you're going to Nederland not PNG!

:hookem2:

17. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

BTW, should you decide to look it up, Reagan Gennusa was a QB from Port Arthur, but after a couple of knee surgeries (I think between him and Teddy Ledjedahl (sp), they had five knee surgeries) he played WR.

18. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Marty Akins was from PNG. Correct?

19. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Marty was from Gregory-Portland, where his dad Ray was the HC

20. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

Tommy Landry

21. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Coach Landry was from Mission if I'm not mistaken

• Like Like x 1
  22. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Landry was from Mission.

• Like Like x 2
  23. LonghornCatholic

24. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

TXANOS,

Tommy was a RB both in HS and on The Forty Acres. we lost him to cancer a couple of years ago.

25. LonghornCatholic

• Like Like x 1
  26. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I don't understand that tweet

27. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

my twitter interpretation skills are somewhat limited but I am going with five shhhh symbols mean we got five guys on the verge of committing. OR it could be we just bagged a five star kid, OR three five star kids! Who the hell knows ... but for good luck, here goes :hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  28. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

our favorite recruiter is sending us a cryptic message ... hmmmm

• Like Like x 1
  29. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

What high school mascot is the lions? and what is a Ram or sheep type mascot?

30. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

lions don't like goat lovers?

• Like Like x 2