2019 Schedule Set

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornCatholic, Oct 18, 2018.

1. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  2. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

why are we playing rice at nrg

3. Matagorda

Matagorda 25+ Posts

Show me a loss!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

When we play aggy's new daddy LSU, will that be weird?

• Like Like x 2
  5. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

$$$$$$

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

To me it's a favorable schedule. We warm up with la tech before we play LSU and we play Rice before OK State, West VA will be weaker w/o Grier, OK will have a new qb, Iowa State will be tough to beat at their place though and Baylor, Tech is coming to our house so it's a favorable schedule with a few tough ones. We might be favored with a third year qb in all our games.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Tickets for that LSU game might be tough to get. I'm going to need at least three for that game.

8. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

It won't be weird at all when we b*tch slap 'em

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

This year we played @Kansas State before OU and OU played Baylor at home before us.

Next year we play @West Virginia before OU and OU plays @Kansas before us.

Are we letting OU set our schedule? We are getting the least favorable road trip before OU two years in a row and they are getting the potentially easiest game before us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

If it leads to the same result as this year, I hope they keep setting the schedule for us.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Admittedly, if we win next year, it makes our wins over OU sweeter.

12. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Comfy seats and alcohol for all...oh, and probably recruiting.

To say nothing of the fact that it is air-conditioned. Watching the MOB with an adult beverage while in a comfy seat and air-conditioning is always fun...

I just hope the game looks better than the debacle of a win a few years back...Texas struggled to move the ball most of that game and tried like hell to give the game away.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I get why they put the games at NRG, but Rice has a nice campus in an attractive old part of town and most everybody is close to the action at their stadium, it would be fun to play there once in a while.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. horninchicago

Yep, I was at that one. We walked out feeling like we lost.

15. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Will that make us aggy's grand-daddy?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. horninchicago

Wait. Weren't we their daddy first? LSU gets sloppy seconds.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

But if we become LSU's daddy....

18. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

I love Rice Stadium. I attended two memorable games there back in the 1990s: the 1997 game when Ricky Williams ran for 249 yards and scored 5 touchdowns; and the disastrous 1994 game in the driving rain when Rice last beat Texas, 19-17 (at least my boss gave me tickets for that game).

19. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Recruiting exposure in Houston.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Front end loaded tough first 6 games... like this season.

21. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

So all us Hornfans enthusiasts can show up @Dionysus ’ house on Tuesday and tailgate on his front lawn til Saturday night. How many kegs should we order?

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  22. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Somewhat, but Rice is the home team, and they will have the right to host any recruits at that game.

23. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

I love Rice Stadium. Very well designed and I don’t think there is a bad seat in the stadium. Good enough for the Super Bowl back in the day.
    My favorite memory is when we forced Cooger high to play in Rice Stadium ( our choice) in 1977 and watching Earl knock Bevo down.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Two bye weeks. I think that means either WVU or KSU will be moved to a Thursday for TV.

• Like Like x 1
  25. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Do you REALLY want to travel to sit in 100 degree heat and have limited access to frosty adult beverages?

If we wanted to do like the SEC-SEC-SEC and schedule a November cupcake, then sure, the road game to Rice might make sense...but September? Outdoors? In Houston? Nah...pass.

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Yeah NRG is definitely the way to go for a game against Rice. As nostalgic and "fun" it would be to see the Mob at their home field, it doesn't make sense from a parking or money standpoint. Or humidity.

I'd like to see the upgrades to UH's stadium. My brother's firm worked on it and he said it was way nicer than the renovation to Kyle Field, albeit half the size. After the bleachergate affair, I think the upgrades were a signal that they wanted to join the Big 12.

27. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

and recruiting in Houston.

SEC and tOSU teams play at AT&T stadium in Dallas multiple times a year. aTm, LSU, Arkansas, Miami, Ohio State...even Tech v Baylor. It's big market exposure. (I should add TX-ou).

I'd play LSU or Ohio State at AT&T Stadium.

28. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

In addition to playing Rice in Houston a couple of times a decade, it would be nice if we would throw in a couple of trips to San Antonio to play UTSA as well.

• Agree Agree x 3
  29. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Aggy got them under contract for the next fiddy.

30. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Aggy can have St Mary's we'll take UTSA.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1