2020-2021 Season

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Joe Fan, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

What's gotten into Shaka? Me like!

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Almost getting fired?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Sounds like senior Jase Febres is back for ISU
    He is doing pre-game layups at least

• Like Like x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  5. 4th_floor

Congrats to Shaka's No. 4 Horns on a victory over Iowa State! On to another victory in Morgantown on Saturday. Hook 'em!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

Huge win! After destroying KU in Kansas, it is really impressive that the team came back and won the next game.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

No let down and solid win over an Iowa State team that is better than their record makes them appear. Texas was in control all game and did what it needed on night where a let down post that huge win in Lawrence was certainly possible. Morgantown will be another big test to see just what the ceiling can be for this team. :hookem:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

No doubt that team is better than their record.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

That'll usually do it! :e-face-shades:

• Like Like x 1
  10. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Another big test tonight as the tough games just keep on coming. Tech is disciplined, well coached and the Horns better bring their A game again if they want to add to their win column. The ceiling is getting higher and higher for this team and tonight is yet another chance to push it further up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. 4th_floor

Beat wheat aggy and get back on track!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

13. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

They’re exactly right.
    It’s the balance that Shaka has built this team into that makes us so successful.

14. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

You have grossly underestimated Coach Shaka’s abilities.

15. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

The Big 12 opponents will “roast” Texas my a$$. We’re playing like a team and we are “roasting” most of our opponents (or at least defeating them), even when we’re short-handed. I never said we’d run the table—that’s unrealistic. But we’ll finish near the top of the conference and make a run deep into the tournament. Not bad at all for a non “basketball school.”

Never too late to re-assess and jump on the wagon. Just saying...

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

I will even argue that going undefeated in the regular season is not good (hello KU and UNLV). It is much easier to coach/teach and assess your own team's weaknesses after a loss as compared to a win. Of course I do not want Texas to lose, but I actually think a couple of losses would probably be beneficial. I am sure Texas gave KU a real wake up call that will probably benefit KU long term unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

So you want to poop me for something posted 2 mos ago? The fact is they did play like a bunch of individuals back then. Can teams not change over the course of 2 mos? But you have to admit some of those bad habits did resurface in the Tech game causing the L. There were probably 8-10 WTF moments in that game which would've changed the outcome. And the fact still remains that Shaka coached teams have underachieved based on the talent. Why do you think all the other B12 coaches talk about what a great coach Shaka is?

18. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

ISU game now POSTPONED. ISU players testing positive. I wonder if we'll be able to finish this season.

19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

All athletic programs should get vaccinated in next round after +65 seniors (along with other essential workers).

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Normal schedule

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 2
  22. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

We need more scholarships for b-ball.

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

That was meant for baseball, sorry

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Latest AP Top 25 --

2. Baylor
    5. UH
    6. TEXAS
    9. ou
    11. little ut
    13. TTU
    18. WVU
    23. kansas

• Like Like x 2
  25. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

Nice to see the Lone Star State owning half of the top 6 spots. Now back to rooting against BU and UH.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]
    :arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up:
    The best basketball state.
    :texasflag::texasflag::texasflag::texasflag::texasflag::texasflag::texasflag:

27. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

We’ll get a nice run of mostly the middle and lower end of the conference for a few weeks.

I’m thinking we’ll close the regular season around 2nd, neck and neck with Tech. I think we’re just plain better than the rest. Full strength, we beat OU and we beat WV again. WV relies way too much on one man. Baylor’s talent is obscene.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  28. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Hotbeds of basketball talent are shown in yellow.
    :rolleyes1:

29. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Well, I went all in after the Kansas game and of course it bit me in the arse. Can I just go back to this opinion? I feel like the biggest flip flopper out there, but this team has figured out how to lose games again. We have plenty of talent to beat any team in the country, but we have Shaka non-coaching them and letting the team do whatever they want during the games.

30. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I went all in a few years ago and I’m still all in. This is merely a temporary slump. Soon enough Shaka will have us back on top.

:bevo: