2020 Presidential Election: let the jockeying commence

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by ProdigalHorn, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

"Tara Reade, who accused Joe Biden of sexually assaulting her when she worked in his Senate office more than a quarter-century ago, has filed a criminal complaint against him.

"I filed a police report for safety reasons only. All crim stats beyond limitations. Gratitude for all who have stood by me," Reade said in a tweet on Friday evening, which she filed Thursday with the Washington Metropolitan Police Department...."

Biden sexual assault accuser files criminal complaint: Report

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Democrat response, based on the NYT article about this, is that if a Democrat politician denies an allegation of sexual assault, that conclusively establishes that it did not happen.

The Democrats and their lapdog media, such as the NYT, send women a powerful message --never accuse an important Democratic Party leader of sexual misconduct or harassment. What women in the world have been treated worse or scorned more than Paula Jones, Juanita Broaddrick, Kathleen Willey, Monica Lewinsky and now Tara Reade? (not to mention Carolyn Moffet, Christy Zercher or Leslie Millwee)

If there are any rules to be taken from this hypocrisy, they are --
    We #BelieveWomen, except when it's politically inexpedient
    We #MeToo, but only when you don't need to reexamine your assumptions about the world
    And #TimesUp, except when liberals decide it isn't
    It's all a joke

Examining Tara Reade’s Sexual Assault Allegation Against Joe Biden

3. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

The MSM caters to the lowest common denominator in our society. LH is definitely one of those people.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  4. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

I put this allegation in the same can as the ones on Kavanaugh et al—-where were you when it happened. Every nobody wants their fifteen minutes.
    I wouldn’t vote for Biden anyway but this is not a factor

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

NY Times says Trump shoulda coulda. Yes, and Lincoln shoulda known the south would resist mightily and FDR shoulda known the Japanese would have to attack when he cut off oil sales while they were tied up conquering China, etc

he is detestable but this level of pure hatred is dangerous and counter productive. His fans just love him more

too bad the Dems had an empty stable too

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I'm always been weary of chicks who decide to claim sexual harassment/assault during election time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I agree, and I have no problem with giving Biden the benefit of the doubt. What's nauseating is the inconsistency.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

LULZ I SAY LULZ

DDBE6497-DAA6-48A8-981E-683EDAE86FF1.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I do. There is public video footage of him doing very creepy, pervy things to young women. If that is his "normal", I would hate to know what he does when he is in a room alone with a women.

Maybe nothing. But based on the things I have seen with my own eyes, I don't give him the benefit of the doubt.

12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Two big reasons. First, unless they're recent, I'm per se suspicious of allegations that sit for several years and are then brought up when there are high political stakes - like after somebody has his party's nomination or after somebody gets appointed to the Supreme Court. I'm not saying I'll never believe such allegations, but I will approach them with a much higher degree of skepticism.

Second, I think there's a pretty sharp difference between a guy sniffing hair, hugging a little too long, or even touching a thigh and a guy forcing his hand into a woman's underwear. Would I do any of that? No, but one set of activities is weird and the other is flagrant sexual abuse. Plenty of guys who are willing to be weird aren't willing to be sexual abusers. It's like comparing drinking a glass of wine with shooting up heroin or snorting a line of cocaine.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  13. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

14. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Creepy Joe is a very apt nickname. Rapey Joe isn't. Deez has a valid line of reasoning.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Even though his behavior toward women has been creepy for decades it is also his behavior toward unwilling young girls that is more disgusting

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Joe B. needs to come out with his own alternative plan to handling the coronavirus. It's easy to sit back and take shots at Trump's handling of the situation after the fact. It's also easy to jump on the bandwagon when certain things work well and say "It's about time. I would have done it sooner." It's more difficult if he has to nail down a position that can be measured over time against what Trump does. This would be a good gauge on how a candidate would handle an emerging crisis situation. It could be a win or a loss for Joe B., but it would give a good look at how he'd do in the Presidential arena. A vigorous free press should start pressing him on this.

17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Chop
    Biden did come out with a plan to open the economy
    A really DUH plan that includes stuff Trump already announced

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The media doesn't ask him for one, so there's no reason for him to.

19. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Biden's Plan per CNN and NYT
    "Former Vice President Joe Biden called for widespread testing and a continuation of social distancing in a New York Times op-ed published Sunday that lays out his plan to "safely" reopen the country amid the novel coronavirus pandemic.

His stated strategy comes as a new debate buds in the Trump administration over whether May 1 is now the target date of revival for the US economy. If the curve is flattening, sources say President Donald Trump has asked in meetings, shouldn't some people be allowed back to work?
    Biden, alternatively, called for a series of aggressive steps before the country can "reopen more businesses and put more people back to work."
    The former vice president outlined the need to continue social distancing while utilizing the "full powers" of the Defense Production Act and establishing widespread testing.

He also stressed the need to make sure hospitals are ready for "flare-ups of the disease" that may occur when economic activity expands again."
    Biden lays out plan to reopen country amid coronavirus pandemic - CNNPolitics

20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Are you delusional? Both Biden and the press are waiting and ready to take the opposite approach for whatever Trump decides.

21. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mc
    Read the Biden plan in my link
    It is embarrassing for Biden

22. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

That’s a dangerous approach as at least some of Trump’s decisions are likely to bear good results. If Joe goes 100% against everything Trump advocates, he’ll have to reverse course on some things. This has already happened once with Joe having to change course (flip-flop) after-the-fact on the China travel ban. That’s a bad look.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The new slogan is ....
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  25. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

• Funny Funny x 5
  26. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Clinton (Bill), Franken, Weinstein, Epstein, Biden, ...

Not a good look for a party that portrays itself as the champion of women's (and girls') rights.

27. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

No, but it is a truthful look at the scum that represents them. Democrats think they are above the law.

28. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I can see why Biden would appreciate the endorsement of an actual “mainstream African-American that is bright, articulate and CLEAN”. Just having the endorsement of a black person that is clean is “storybook man”. Bright and articulate are huge bonuses.:rolleyes1:

• Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Now is the time to get this question^^^ answered
    What will this fraud get out of it this time?

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

ouch