2020 Presidential Election: let the jockeying commence

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by ProdigalHorn, Dec 6, 2018.

1. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

2. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

The intelligence community was telling Trump and Pence things about Flynn that were dubious it seems. Now, Pence has said he doesn't think Flynn was lying to him. Obama didn't like Flynn because Flynn didn't agree with him on things, especially use of the military.

Edit- With the new release today it confirms Comey had nothing on Flynn as of January.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 19, 2020
  3. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Is that the portrait of Obama with the flowers around him? I wouldn’t be present for that unveiling either.

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Trump seeing the bushes may want to piss on it.

5. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

DAYUM!

7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Federal judge orders Texas to allow voting by mail. Link. Just another example of the Left going to court to force policy it can't get through legitimate means and one of its political hack judges letting them do it. It'll likely get tossed on appeal, but it is meritless and shouldn't have to go this far.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I didn't know the Declaration of Independence formed a basis in this law.

"“So what’s the rational basis between 65 and 1 day and one day less than 65?” Biery asked."

That one statement indicates to me he wasn't seriously considering he law. That is a chicken-**** comment that smacks of anarchy and could invalidate ANYTHING with a cut-off point.

His "prose" was over the top. This guy is clearly an egomaniac trying WAY too hard to speak in memorable tones.

• Like Like x 1
  9. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

10. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I understand what he's doing from a legal perspective, but his analysis is garbage. Under that kind of inquiry and rationale, any law that makes a distinction according to age would be unconstitutional. We couldn't have a driving age, a drinking age, a voting age, an age to start collecting Social Security and Medicare, etc. It's moronic on its face.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

By the way, I'm not sure that voting by mail would be the political gem Democrats think it would be. As someone who votes by mail, I can tell you that it's a pain in the ***. I don't think it's wildly easier than showing up. Of course, it is wildly easier to cheat.

13. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

And yet he's so arrogant and sure of himself as he delivered that garbage. How do people get away with this?

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

lol -- Weissmann also attended the Hillary Victory Party the night of the election - where he was seen openly weeping

17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mr D
    Is it harder because you are overseas? In Texas people stole mail in ballots from elderly and voted> Several were caught and are no in jail.
    Ken Paxton said 66% of his cases are mail in voter fraud

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  18. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

I have handled the defense on voter fraud cases twice and both times it involved mail in ballots. It is extremely easy to do. But also kind of easy to get caught.

By the way, on another thread Joe Fan, my favorite poster, says Obama was possibly born in Africa. Should people born on Mars be allowed to mail in their votes?

19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Life tenure and almost impossible to remove. Why should he care what the law says?

20. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I have a compromise, if Democrats want voting by mail give it to them but force every voter card to have to go through a certified Federal verification or it can't be counted. The post office does it all the time. You wish to mail in your vote, then you have to go before a federal employee and they have to verify you are a voter and you have to show picture ID and they will stamp your vote and accept it.

21. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I predict that if California allows mail in voting, they will get more votes than they have people in that state.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Worst ticket evah?

23. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I know. It's just incredible that people don't see it. They are so swayed by words. Seduced. It makes them feel good because he sounds smart.

Pig prose with a bow...

• Like Like x 1
  24. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That would defeat the purpose. Honestly I'm surprised they allow anyone to vote by mail. Is there cheating with mail-in ballots? I don't know, but there's no mechanism in place to consistently detect it if there was. I sign my ballot, but would anyone know if that was a forgery? No. Suppose I pretended someone (who was a real person but who didn't vote) lived at my house. Would anyone know? Pretty hard to know that. And of course, that's from an overseas location. It would be even easier to cheat from the US.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  25. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

In his ruling, Judge Biery said the Texas had cited "little or no evidence" of widespread fraud in states where voting by mail is more widely used.

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

27. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

MrD
    Paxton said 66% of cases in his office are mail in vote fraud case< There are people in jail from mail in voter fraud from 2018 election

28. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

We heard you the first time you reported that. Where is your link?

29. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

At least you are paying attention:thumbup:
    Paxton was interviewed this morning on WBAP, Dallas

30. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

So if you think women should be treated respectfully, we need to vote for Donald (bleeding from her whatever) Trump?

• WTF? WTF? x 1